Why can't Americans have a vacation?

anotherlife

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2012
Cross-Atlantic
Every country is at a LEGISLATED vacation mandate of ~ 5 weeks per year, +/- 1 or 2, except the USA, where there is no vacation legislation for workers, and the ridiculously low 2 weeks is a "gift". Why are Americans so freakishly different again? And why do Americans love undercutting themselves this much?

Funny, my private sector employer provides 4 weeks of vacation per year, plus 12 holidays - all without the government mandating it.

Every country is at a LEGISLATED vacation mandate of ~ 5 weeks per year, +/- 1 or 2, except the USA, where there is no vacation legislation for workers, and the ridiculously low 2 weeks is a "gift". Why are Americans so freakishly different again? And why do Americans love undercutting themselves this much?

Move to France, they have that and from what I hear it is working out really well.

:lol:

Funny, my private sector employer provides 4 weeks of vacation per year, plus 12 holidays - all without the government mandating it.

I had so much at my last job, I literally couldn't use it all. When I left, I cashed out like 2 months.

Really? Hard to believe. Which industry sector, and which state/region of the US?

I had so much at my last job, I literally couldn't use it all. When I left, I cashed out like 2 months.

I have four weeks of vacation and 11 holidays off a year, plus six sick days if I need them.

Try taking some responsibility for yourself.

We just cashed out a couple of weeks. I went shopping. :D

On a serious note, when my husband was with this one company in Ontario, the head honchos over in Germany were always on vacation. Rog had to contact everyone at their vacation destinies just to keep the Canadian plant going.

It was wild. It was like "does anyone work over there"?

I don't have a problem with American workers being given more vacations. The government takes them in times of war and disaster. Fair is fair right?

I have four weeks of vacation and 11 holidays off a year, plus six sick days if I need them.

Try taking some responsibility for yourself.

Do you work in the US?

Really? Hard to believe. Which industry sector, and which state/region of the US?

I life in SF Bay Area and work in high tech.

I had five weeks vacation at my last job.

That, and a pension, stock options, and 401K matching.

But then again, it was a British company.

There are many jobs out there that provide more vacation.
I've had jobs at 2 banks years ago...what sucked was we only had 2 weeks vacation and we had to take the whole 2 weeks at one time, we couldn't split it up!

The job i've now had for 20 yrs i do have 4 weeks vacation now (after 15 yrs). I can take more, but they're unpaid then. There's other companies that give you more time sooner....i guess i could have tried to find one of them. But i don't see what's wrong with "earning" more time off by working hard and just being a good employee. I know people at work that don't work, don't earn shit because they're lazy....they don't deserve time off, they take it at work! :)

On a serious note, when my husband was with this one company in Ontario, the head honchos over in Germany were always on vacation. Rog had to contact everyone at their vacation destinies just to keep the Canadian plant going.

And yet, Germany does almost as good as the USA in every aspect. Shows how meaningles is the American anti-vacation mentality.

why do you fucking communist whine so much? You want us to come cut yer steak for ya and chew it too. pussy?

And yet, Germany does almost as good as the USA in every aspect. Shows how meaningles is the American anti-vacation mentality.

Uh, you haven't proven that Americans have an anti-vacation mentality, bub.

why do you fucking communist whine so much? You want us to come cut yer steak for ya and chew it too. pussy?

Government supplied Bass-O-Matics for everyone!

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BQFv83QJ2Y]Bass-o-matic[/ame]

From the welfare queen....

Spin the globe, pick a country you like better than America. No one forces you to spend your "vacationless" life here. Do you live in a basement somewhere?

keep telling yourself that pussy.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

How odd to see somebody who supports welfare use "welfare queen" as an insult.

Forum List

Back