Unfortunately my friends, gun control is coming.

2nd Amendment applies to militias.

You know, I always baffle at this argument against gun rights. After all, WE ARE THE MILITIA in it's purest form. The very concept of a militia demands a personal right to keep and bear arms.

Well, how about rules that at least work reasonably well.

Define "reasonably well."

But you can reduce the hell out of them by changing how easy they are to get and how the gun industry markets them.

This is a major problem in your argument. You make this blatant assumption based on nothing. Considering that every example of legislative prohibition of ordinary and easily available goods and services has failed to meaningfully deter proliferation, your claim here becomes an extraordinary claim which requires extraordinary proof.

Horseshit. If the courts and the government says the 2nd Amendment is about militias, then you can end private gun ownership...

See Heller vs D.C.
Yet another wrong statement from Joe, high school dropout.

Scalia dies of a heart attack. Obama appoints Lawrence Tribe. Heller gets reconsidered.

But we have so many ways of going after the gun nuts, we probably don't need to go that far.

Suing the scumbag gun sellers will be a good start.

Fantasize on, Joe. The 2A is an individual right. Even The Wise Latina Vagina (Sotomaior) said she believed that.
What will you sue "scumbag" gun sellers for? Engaging in legal commerce?

Joe the Ignoramus strikes again.

You know, I always baffle at this argument against gun rights. After all, WE ARE THE MILITIA in it's purest form. The very concept of a militia demands a personal right to keep and bear arms.

Well, no, because it speaks about a "Well-Regulated Militia"... Now, having been in a well regulated militia (first the National Guard, and then the Army) I can tell you THIS GUY

HolmesPage01_1553320a.jpg

isn't Well regulated. Yet he was able to buy a bunch of guns and use them...

If this guy showed up at my Arms Vault when I was a supply Sergeant, I'm reasonably sure I wouldn't have issued him a weapon... We were too "Well Regulated" to do that.

Well, how about rules that at least work reasonably well.

Define "reasonably well."

But you can reduce the hell out of them by changing how easy they are to get and how the gun industry markets them.

This is a major problem in your argument. You make this blatant assumption based on nothing. Considering that every example of legislative prohibition of ordinary and easily available goods and services has failed to meaningfully deter proliferation, your claim here becomes an extraordinary claim which requires extraordinary proof.

I don't think this is an extraordinary claim... I think when you advertise your product like this -

bushmaster-ad1-600x450-300x225.jpeg

you aren't thinking, "man, I only want my product to be bought by professionals with a lot of training"...

[

Crying mother against greedy gun seller whose probably a little whacked...

Who do you think a Jury is going to find for?

The gun seller, who wouldn't be indicted anyway. What crime is he indicted for?
Another non sequitur from Failing Joe.

[

He's not being indicted for a crime, he's being sued civilly.

This is the way to get you clowns... the way we got Big Tobacco.

You would still need to show negligence/damage. Acting lawfully is not being negligent.
Anotehr fail from Joe, the most under-educated poster on USMB.

You would still need to show negligence/damage. Acting lawfully is not being negligent.

No, you j ust have to show recklessness. Again, go back, and look at the Tobacco settlement. When the got those internal documents that showed that the tobacco companies knew they were marketting to children because adults who haven't picked up the habit usually won't, they were kind of done.

When they prove the gun makers were marketting to crazy survivalists like Nancy Lanza, or using their political influence to defeat background checks, or using the gun show loophole to sell guns to people who shouldn't have them....

CHA-CHING

Never underestimate what 12 working stiffs will do to a big corporation in court.

No, you j ust have to show recklessness. Again, go back, and look at the Tobacco settlement. When the got those internal documents that showed that the tobacco companies knew they were marketting to children because adults who haven't picked up the habit usually won't, they were kind of done.

When they prove the gun makers were marketting to crazy survivalists like Nancy Lanza, or using their political influence to defeat background checks, or using the gun show loophole to sell guns to people who shouldn't have them....

CHA-CHING

Never underestimate what 12 working stiffs will do to a big corporation in court.

All manufacturers sell through legal channels under highly restrictive conditions with frequent monitoring for compliance by the Feds.
Another Fail-O from Joe, the least educated poster on USMB.

[

All manufacturers sell through legal channels under highly restrictive conditions with frequent monitoring for compliance by the Feds.

The same can be said for the Tobacco companies, they STILL ended up paying billions and getting severe restrictions on how they can market their product.

Maybe not tomorrow, but it will.

We can't fight the mainstream media bias. Even though there are a great many of us NOW that won't allow it, the young are ignorant and susceptable to the media hyperbole and butt hurt. They will believe that guns are bad and blindly go along with whatever the benevolent government says they need to be kept safe.

The asshat in the White House will probably get a SCOTUS pick or two before he's done trashing the country and then all they will need is a challenge to the 2nd Amendment and the liberal court will change the meaning of it.

It will come piecemeal, but it will come.

When it does, this conversation will happen:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/6524222-post1.html

This is true, but it wont be while Bama is president, and it wont be the next one either. It may be a republican, or democrat, but you are right. it is coming. They will be regulated to the point that it is just to expensive to own them, and the public will not care to much about it as less and less own them.

[

The same can be said for the Tobacco companies, they STILL ended up paying billions and getting severe restrictions on how they can market their product.

Tobacco companies had records with them talking about how their product was harmful and how they could cover up that fact.
Another fail-O from Joe Ignoramus.

[

Tobacco companies had records with them talking about how their product was harmful and how they could cover up that fact.

Are you arguing guns are harmless?

Or that the Gun Industry doesn't know about the gun show loophole and other methods?

Again, a trial really will sort all this out...

You bring the second Amendment, I'll bring the Sandy Hook Parents...

Or that the Gun Industry doesn't know about the gun show loophole and other methods?

They are as harmless as hammers and a gazillion other things marketed every day.
There is no gun show loophole. That is made up crap by the liberal media for gullible monkeys like you.
Law tends to triumph over emotion. And nice to see you are using dead kids as political props, you fucking low life scumbag.

Patriots need to resist any attempts to register their firearms. Bury em' if you have to, lie, whatever just don't register because you know what comes next.

Patriots need to resist any attempts to register their firearms. Bury em' if you have to, lie, whatever just don't register because you know what comes next.

About your screen name. I was wondering if you knew it was the name of the man who bought the snuff film, in the movie 9 MM and also if you were aware it was the pseudo - name used to purchase the Georgia Guidestones which laid out the ground rules for the new world order takeover including the population they desired which would eliminate about 6 1/2 billion persons currently upon the earth?

An agenda Dr. Henry Kissinger is fully supportive of as are most Bohemian Grove members. Just wondered if you were aware of the historical significance of the screen name you had chosen? Perhaps it is nothing but I tend to notice such things. Have you ever heard of the name Solvay or Etienne Davignon? Just curious.

-Jeremiah

They are as harmless as hammers and a gazillion other things marketed every day.
There is no gun show loophole. That is made up crap by the liberal media for gullible monkeys like you.
Law tends to triumph over emotion. And nice to see you are using dead kids as political props, you fucking low life scumbag.

If there's no gun show loophole, you won't mind if we close it then, right?

Again,the Tobacco industry didn't even want it to get to a jury...

Not using kids as political props, just pointing out they are everything wrong with the gun-nutter thinking.

Bushmaster sold directly to Nancy Lanza, a crazy woman with a crazier son. He killed 20 kids. That makes them responsible.

Forum List

Back