Unemployment down to 6.6%

People who are sick or in pain can now cut back or quit, or people working just for others' health needs. It's called real freedom, jackass dupes, not the freedom you vote for, the freedom of the greedy idiot rich and their corps to screw everyone over...

MORE THAN HALF THE GD COUNTRY HATE THEIR JOBS, and feel locked in because they're afraid of losing health care. Also bad for the economy.

Good job Obama. :thup:

By 2016, hardly anyone will be working but official unemployment will be 5%. :clap2:

Job growth remains weak in January; unemployment rate falls to 6.6% - latimes.com

Hardly anyone?

The US, now, enjoys one of the lowest UE rates in the world.

And the MAJORITY of Americans are working.

I saw the exact same thing happen during Clinton's time too.

You folks shot down ALL good news.

And how many people are out of the workforce? This is hardly good news for them, given that lots of people HAVE LEFT THE WORKFORCE!

The Labor Force, and the Labor Force Participation rate went up. Discouraged workers went down.

Hardly anyone?

And how many people are out of the workforce? This is hardly good news for them, given that lots of people HAVE LEFT THE WORKFORCE!

The Labor Force, and the Labor Force Participation rate went up. Discouraged workers went down.

Discouraged workers went down ... or the rate of becoming discouraged decreased?

If discouraged workers had become undiscouraged and returned to the job market, the official unemployment number would probably have risen.

Discouraged workers went down ... or the rate of becoming discouraged decreased?

If discouraged workers had become undiscouraged and returned to the job market, the official unemployment number would probably have risen.

The number went down.
go to Table A-16. Persons not in the labor force and multiple jobholders by sex, not seasonally adjusted
select total discouraged workers and you will see every month since Jan 1994 and annual averages.

So what is the labor participation rate? The more who drop out of the workforce the lower the unemployment rate falls if it's falling because so many have stopped looking for jobs that is hardly good news or a sign of a growing economy.
The number of workers who became discouraged and dropped out of the workforce DROPPED by 80,000.
Have a link for that claim? Even if that is accurate it still keeps the rate at or very near it's lowest number since 1978 I believe you can spin that unemployment number like a top if it makes you feel better the tens of millions who have dropped out of the workforce know the true reality of this economy all to well.

So what is the labor participation rate? The more who drop out of the workforce the lower the unemployment rate falls if it's falling because so many have stopped looking for jobs that is hardly good news or a sign of a growing economy.
The number of workers who became discouraged and dropped out of the workforce DROPPED by 80,000.
Have a link for that claim? Even if that is accurate it still keeps the rate at or very near it's lowest number since 1978 I believe you can spin that unemployment number like a top if it makes you feel better the tens of millions who have dropped out of the workforce know the true reality of this economy all to well.

Pinqy gave a link. You can find it here: http://www.bls.gov/webapps/legacy/cpsatab16.htm

Interesting to compare the different numbers of people who want a job but who are "marginally attached to the work force".

While those in the "discouraged worker" category decreased by 80,000, those in the "other persons marginally attached to the labor force" increased by 245,000 which "includes those who did not actively look for work in the prior 4 weeks for such reasons as school or family responsibilities, ill health, and transportation problems, as well as a number for whom reason for nonparticipation was not determined".

What does "not determined" mean? Interviewer in a hurry?

Pinqy gave a link. You can find it here: http://www.bls.gov/webapps/legacy/cpsatab16.htm

Thanks for the link the 80,000 was correct but I think my overall point about the economy is still valid.

By 2016, hardly anyone will be working but official unemployment will be 5%. :clap2:

Job growth remains weak in January; unemployment rate falls to 6.6% - latimes.com

Hardly anyone?

I don't really like to call you a moron, but you keep acting like one. 1994 ring a bell? That's when the Republicans took control of the House and the Senate, forced welfare reform and a balanced budget down Clinton's throat!

The percent of people working is smaller than it has been since 1978.

You're effing delusional!

So...

Ending unemployment extended benefits forced people to find work, any work, even shitty part time jobs?

Isn't that what we said would happen?

Hardly anyone?

I don't really like to call you a moron, but you keep acting like one. 1994 ring a bell? That's when the Republicans took control of the House and the Senate, forced welfare reform and a balanced budget down Clinton's throat!

Remember 2004 when employment was much better than it is now? Even the state senator from Illinois who was hoping to win a seat in the U.S. Senate took to the air to talk down the economy. What was that guy's name? I know I should remember.

And then the Democrats took control of Congress in 2007, and what happened? Oh yeah, that's right ......

Last edited:

You only like the news that confirms your prejudices and hatred of the Black President.

i knew it....., you can not get thu a thread without pulling the race card. :up:

i despise the son-of-a-bitch for his hate for our Constitution and Bill of Rights and total disregard of his oath.

January 21st, the Wall Street adviser: Actual unemployment is 37.2%, 'misery index' worst in 40 years | WashingtonExaminer.com

poste this:

Don't believe the happy talk coming out of the White House, Federal Reserve and Treasury Department when it comes to the real unemployment rate and the true “Misery Index.” Because, according to an influential Wall Street advisor, the figures are a fraud.

In a memo to clients provided to Secrets, David John Marotta calculates the actual unemployment rate of those not working at a sky-high 37.2 percent, not the 6.7 percent advertised by the Fed, and the Misery Index at over 14, not the 8 claimed by the government.

in just a little over two weeks how could UE go from 37.2% to 6.6% ??????

The cause of these numbers is that the Fed taper sucked a huge amount of money out of the BRICS and other developing countries. Half of China's top 1% are headed for the US and its buddies such as Australia, NZ and Canada. So, while it is a matter of record from the ACA that Obama lies to stay in practice he had nothing to do with these odd numbers.

Hardly anyone?

Remember 2004 when employment was much better than it is now? Even the state senator from Illinois who was hoping to win a seat in the U.S. Senate took to the air to talk down the economy. What was that guy's name? I know I should remember.

And then the Democrats took control of Congress in 2007, and what happened? Oh yeah, that's right ......

Democrats called 2004 a "jobless recovery" and their sheeple took them seriously.

Democrats called 2004 a "jobless recovery" and their sheeple took them seriously.

The numbers State Senator Obama was trashing were 5.6% unemployment and 310,000 new jobs the month before.

Even if that is accurate it still keeps the rate at or very near it's lowest number since 1978 .

Why is that year significant?

And ypu do realize the labor force participation rate has been going down for 14 years now?

78 well because it's the lowest it's been in 36 years going from your link the years on that go from 2004-January of this year and from 2004 through most of 2008 the numbers are fairly consistent some variations of course but not a huge drop.Then you get to the end of 2008 and the big meltdown from November of that year the drop really started to change and has not gotten really any better in the following years.

Even if that is accurate it still keeps the rate at or very near it's lowest number since 1978 .

Why is that year significant?

And ypu do realize the labor force participation rate has been going down for 14 years now?

78 well because it's the lowest it's been in 36 years going from your link the years on that go from 2004-January of this year and from 2004 through most of 2008 the numbers are fairly consistent some variations of course but not a huge drop.Then you get to the end of 2008 and the big meltdown from November of that year the drop really started to change and has not gotten really any better in the following years.

Of course you realize that the current 63% is higher than anytime before 1978, so unless you want to claim that we're better off now than anythime before 1978 you'll realize it's not a telling indicator.
Not a huge drop from 2000-2007, but a steady drop and a slight uptick, but generally down.

Forum List

Back