"Under the Dome" anyone?

Watched the whole first episode wondering why no one was at least trying to tunnel out. Guess they need something for episode two.

Lot of conspiracies in such a little town. That's what stretched believability for me a bit, as opposed to the dome.

However, how can one not love cows sliced in half, and seeing things smashing into invisible domes? Of course, now that such thrills are over, let's see if they can keep it interesting.

I read the book. Trust me, it will stay interesting. In spite of some of the bad reviews here.

I am planning to watch it but there was a problem with my cable service on Monday and I didn't get it going until 20 minutes in. So I didn't watch it because that premiere episode is airing again Sunday and I want to watch the entire hour all at once.

I liked the ending, I thought it was one of King's better endings. It explains why the dome came down. That's all I'll say, don't want to spoil it for anyone.

Glad this show is on, I've watched almost no tv since Surivor ended. And I need to watch some television..otherwise I just work constantly. Need some downtime.

Last edited:
I liked it. It made me want tosee what was going to happen next. Siberia looks pretty good too. Every one is looking to be the next Lost.

Watched the 2nd episode last night. That Reverend dude, he's trouble. And I still hope the creepy boyfriend dies in a fire.

The second episode was definitely inferior to the first. The idea is a good draw, but the reactions of the town are pretty silly. I'll keep watching, but I wonder if this can work over the course of a whole season.

Ok, been watching and my question is, you have this giant invisible dome covering your town. Wouldn't half the town be hanging out near the wall trying to figure out what it is?

No, they hang out in the center of town?

No friggin way

But I do like the show

Ok, been watching and my question is, you have this giant invisible dome covering your town. Wouldn't half the town be hanging out near the wall trying to figure out what it is?

No friggin way

But I do like the show

i would not be able to do that Pop....the mail still has to get delivered....

No friggin way

But I do like the show

Well, they don't know what it is, or if its dangerous, so they are keeping well away from it.

No friggin way

But I do like the show

You must live outside the dome!:razz:

No friggin way

But I do like the show

You must live outside the dome!:razz:

nope...even if you are in....the PO has a contingency plan to get the mail delivered even in a Nuclear War....i kid you not....so im sure they have one for a Dome...

Any guesses as to what Junior will do? Will he pull that lever and hang Barbie or not?
Is Big Jim going to be bumped off?

I was kinda hoping. He could have set a record for getting whacked from two shows in two days.

I was kinda hoping. He could have set a record for getting whacked from two shows in two days.

I was thinking the same thing.

I think I decided after the season finale that I can't stand this show. It makes no sense and it's boring. What's season 2 going to be about? I bet they're still in the dome and nothing makes sense yet! And despite nothing happening in the story a bunch of the characters die! Woohoo! What a formula!

I was thinking the same thing.

I think I decided after the season finale that I can't stand this show. It makes no sense and it's boring. What's season 2 going to be about? I bet they're still in the dome and nothing makes sense yet! And despite nothing happening in the story a bunch of the characters die! Woohoo! What a formula!

LOL, I was actually having a conversation about this show not long ago with my mother. She mentioned that her husband watches the show, but isn't really sure why. I agreed with that assessment, and stopped watching. I didn't even bother with the last 3 or 4 episodes of the season. :tongue:

Siberia is better than Under the Dome. I tape UTD for later. Big Jim hasn't yet figured out that he's going to have to kill the entire town eventually. What's bothersome is that there is some indication that the dome was put there by extraterrestials and the people of Chester's Mill are "chosen people". The story seems to be going off the rails.

I, for one, watched the entire series - you know, it was called a MINI-SERIES - but it turned out NOT to be a mini-series at all. Due to a ratings anomaly they decided NOT to end it (as promised), but rather to convert into some bullshit, cheap, poorly written copy of LOST, which was another fraud with writers who had no fucking idea where they were going, and kept throwing out hints and prophecies and never followed up on them.

Yes, I'm pissed.

I read the book after watching the first couple episodes, and frankly the book was pretty lame as well, but I decided to stick it out and watch the thing - since there's nothing else on the tube in the summer but reality bullshit and re-runs. Some of the differences between the book and the TV series were understandable, but some were contrived.

The gullibility of the townspeople in the TV series was so extreme as to not be believable. They follow this fat used car salesman as though he is the re-birth of Adolf Hitler? Come on. And the Top Cop (Linda?) was a combination of buffoon and Gestapo officer that again was not believable. Do you really believe the town would allow itself to be terrorized by an army of the local Juvenile Delinquents, deputized as cops with guns in their pockets? I don't.

By the last couple episodes, when they had to shift gears from MINI-SERIES with a definitive ending, to a continuing ridiculous saga, the writing was preposterous. The dead lady who was not really the dead lady, and threw out a dozen ridiculous warnings? Give me a fucking break. In the final episode, "Barbie" spent the entire episode with his hands handcuffed behind his back - and nobody thought to remove his handcuffs? Are you shittin' me? And at the end he stands there on the trapdoor on the gallows without any resistance whatsoever? Knowing that if Junior even sneezes he will be hanged? When did he develop shit for brains?

I hope the fucking dome collapses and they all die. But I won't waste my time watching any of it. It was horrible and promises to be even worse next year.

I've watched every episode and have to agree about the writing.

Big Jim, the used car salesman, has a Messiah complex and will do anything to stop others from getting in his way.

His kid is from for right in the head.

The sheriff is a joke.

The red head falling for the man who killed her husband?

And the hero, being such a he-man can't get out of his cuffs or didn't have enough sense to grab a weapon to wipe out Big Jim and his buddies?

All in all, as there was little or nothing else to watch, I had it on the teley. Not a big deal and won't break my heart if it comes to a screeching end.

Forum List

Back