"Under the Dome" anyone?

Starts tonight here in Oz, my dad and I want to watch it.
Reminds me a lot of a series of books I have read by Michael Grant - the 'Gone' series, about a group of kids trapped under a dome. This series is apparently based on a Stephen King novel, so it'll be interesting to see what its lie.

It has limited potential. If they don't resolve it within a season everyone would be dead.

Lot of conspiracies in such a little town. That's what stretched believability for me a bit, as opposed to the dome.

However, how can one not love cows sliced in half, and seeing things smashing into invisible domes? Of course, now that such thrills are over, let's see if they can keep it interesting.

Anyone watching?

I watched the first one and it was good. It makes me curious what happened to make that Dome appear.

I'll give it a shot.

I read the book... Want me to tell you what caused the "dome?"

The book was okay, not great. Certainly not The Stand, but what is?

I stopped reading King for many years, Gerald's Game was abysmal. His last two, Under the Dome and 11/22/63 were alright, the latter being the better of the two...

I'm recording it, will watch it all at once.

I found the book tiresome. An interesting premise that he ruined by too much drama in one small town, political soap-boxing when it wasn't needed, and what I felt was a ridiculous ending.

Was a bit too much like this for me:
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6TRVXG4kQE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6TRVXG4kQE[/ame]

All that being said...I'm watching it...'cause I'm a sucker. ;P

I think I'm going to unsubscribe now. Every time I open the thread I feel like I'm pushing my luck and someone might let a spoiler slip any second.

:lol:

Better safe than sorry! :D

Anyone watching?

I watched the first one and it was good. It makes me curious what happened to make that Dome appear.

I'll give it a shot.

I stopped reading King for many years, Gerald's Game was abysmal. His last two, Under the Dome and 11/22/63 were alright, the latter being the better of the two...

Yes, I want to know about the dome. There were some hints but I couldn't figure it out.

I think I'm going to unsubscribe now. Every time I open the thread I feel like I'm pushing my luck and someone might let a spoiler slip any second.

:lol:

Better safe than sorry! :D

Unsubscribing from your own thread? You're so weird, Amelia.

Anyone watching?

I'll give it a shot.

From a Buick 8 is good. So is Dumas Key. More like the old S. King. Do give them a shot. I think you will like them. Also...try reading Swan Song by Robert McGammon. It is similar to The Stand..but much better. Another one McGammon wrote was Wolf's Hour. You can google them or go to amazon and read up on what they are about.

Under The Dome I just couldn't get in to.

What I WILL watch, if it ever is made, is The Dark Tower. Depending on who they get to play as Roland.

Thankee Sai

I'm the kind of gal that reads the last page of a book FIRST. But some people don't like spoilers so perhaps it could be shared in a pm? Not for me..but for whomever wants to know the ending and whatnot.

I'll give it a shot.

From a Buick 8 is good. So is Dumas Key. More like the old S. King. Do give them a shot. I think you will like them. Also...try reading Swan Song by Robert McGammon. It is similar to The Stand..but much better. Another one McGammon wrote was Wolf's Hour. You can google them or go to amazon and read up on what they are about.

Under The Dome I just couldn't get in to.

What I WILL watch, if it ever is made, is The Dark Tower. Depending on who they get to play as Roland.

Thankee Sai
The Dark Tower rocks! :clap2:

Ron Howard?s ?The Dark Tower? Adaptation Still Alive

Russell Crowe as the Gunslinger? Yeah, I can see that.

Forum List

Back