Among Those Pressing Trump to Weed Out Disloyalty: Clarence Thomas’s Wife

<sarcasm> The OP isn't at all racist, right?</sarcasm>

Calling an Uncle Tom an Uncle Tom isn't racist. It's an observation.

Let's not forget, Clarance Thomas was the only SCOTUS justice who had no problem with a DA excluding blacks from a capital case jury because they MIGHT acquit a defendant the SIXTH time the case came up.
Thomas was educated through affirmative action and his family received assistance.

He is doing everything he can to destroy those programs
AA should have a time limit. Jim Crow has been gone for several generations.
The AA of today is nowhere close to the strict quotas of the 70s.
Today is more about access to jobs and avoiding gross discrimination. Most companies are in self compliance.
Seems like you agree with me. If most companies are in self compliance, then it should be time to phase out government mandated AA completely.

A group led by Ginni Thomas has targeted officials in the administration, and lobbied for its own preferred choices. As the president’s distrust in those serving him has grown, so has its sway.
24dc-purge1-articleLarge.jpg

Justice Tom, white meat, ie Ms. Pork chop...wife is helping the orange guy weed out ppl within the white house who's selling him out to the media...we all know by the time this ends, the only ppl that will be left is Trump and the cleaning lady....anybody with a brain knows it KellyAnn....LOLOLOL
Everyone in the white house serves at the pleasure of the president

so he has complete legal and moral authority to weed out people who are not loyal to his agenda

Oh I thought they served at the pleasure of the American people.
Wrong

we elect a resident not an under sec of whatever

"Uncle Tom" is a human-fabricated concept so there is no truth or non-truth to it. I.E., it is entirely subjective. And given that some blacks are considered Uncle Toms or sellouts for the most ridiculous reasons, even if there was a truth to be ascribed to it, it would be virtually impossible to suss it out.

Clarence Thomas being called one is legit.

Not because you say so.

Because his actions say so.

Not because you say so.

I said because HIS actions say so.

Let me put it another way: His actions don't say he's a sellout because you say they do. See how that works?

What I've been getting at is that, as I said before, some blacks are considered by some to be Uncle Toms or sellouts for the stupidest reasons. There seems to be no clearly defined criteria as to what constitutes a black sellout.
Because of this, I'm forced to come to the conclusion that it's all relative and the terms "Uncle Tom" and "Black Sellout" are merely tossed out in anger and frustration when one doesn't think a particular black person has ideas and beliefs that he/she thinks a black person should.

This is one of the things that sows and perpetuates division between the races. As a white person, when I hear one black person call another Uncle Tom or sellout, I have to wonder what it is about me, a white person, that is so repugnant that if a black person agrees with me on say, a political issue or whatever, that his/her fellow blacks would disown him.

A group led by Ginni Thomas has targeted officials in the administration, and lobbied for its own preferred choices. As the president’s distrust in those serving him has grown, so has its sway.

Justice Tom, white meat, ie Ms. Pork chop...wife is helping the orange guy weed out ppl within the white house who's selling him out to the media...we all know by the time this ends, the only ppl that will be left is Trump and the cleaning lady....anybody with a brain knows it KellyAnn....LOLOLOL

so he has complete legal and moral authority to weed out people who are not loyal to his agenda

Wrong

Last I checked the president and everyone under him is there to serve the people. We don't have a King that folks are supposed to fall at his feet.

Wrong

Last I checked the president and everyone under him is there to serve the people. We don't have a King that folks are supposed to fall at his feet.
The president serves 4 years at a time

Everyone else serves at his pleasure

This is civics 101 and you should know it better than that

Not because you say so.

Not because you say so.

Let me put it another way: His actions don't say he's a sellout because you say they do. See how that works?

You're right just ask.his sister that he sold out.
What I've been getting at is that, as I said before, some blacks are considered by some to be Uncle Toms or sellouts for the stupidest reasons. There seems to be no clearly defined criteria as to what constitutes a black sellout.

Sure there is, you just choose not to accept it.
Because of this, I'm forced to come to the conclusion that it's all relative and the terms "Uncle Tom" and "Black Sellout" are merely tossed out in anger and frustration when one doesn't think a particular black person has ideas and beliefs that he/she thinks a black person should.

That's your opinion and you have a right to it.

This is one of the things that sows and perpetuates division between the races. As a white person, when I hear one black person call another Uncle Tom or sellout, I have to wonder what it is about me, a white person, that is so repugnant that if a black person agrees with me on say, a political issue or whatever, that his/her fellow blacks would disown him.

Well that is probably because as a white person you will never understand where black folks are coming from when they call someone a sellout, Tom, Boot Licker. etc.

Not because you say so.

Not because you say so.

Some liberal yesterday on this forum called Thomas as Uncle Tom

which is a racial slur

but I guess its ok when libs do it

Wrong

Of course he appoints folks, but those folks are there to serve the American people. It is like when you join the military you take an oath to defend the Constitution against ALL enemies foreign and domestic.

Not because you say so.

Not because you say so.

which is a racial slur

Or it is because that is what he is.

Wrong

Of course he appoints folks, but those folks are there to serve the American people. It is like when you join the military you take an oath to defend the Constitution against ALL enemies foreign and domestic.
They are there to support trump policy

Not because you say so.

which is a racial slur

Or it is because that is what he is.
Only in lib la la land where you make up the rules as you go along

I know what you said and is why I asked the question. How should a black person act or behave so as not to be considered an Uncle Tom?

Not miserably sucking up to white people and selling out his own.

That's a little vague. But then, most of your arguments are.

I can't help but wonder, since you had so much wrong about the Sandmann and Michael Brown cases, how much do you have wrong here? Quite simply, you have proven yourself to be untrustworthy, woefully biased, too emotional, implacable, unforgiving, petty, and vindictive with a streak of sadism.

Yeah, but...he's brown. Doesn't that count for something? Doesn't that afford him the right to flout the law as you would have the little brown people do? I mean, I thought skin color made a difference to you.

Um, no. Sorry, man, that was a travesty of justice, that this county is continuing to violate this man's civil rights because he's black. And there's UNCLE Thomas saying, "boy, that guy shure has it comin' boss!"

From a USAToday article from 3/19/19: "Three of his (Flowers') guilty verdicts have been overturned, but he has never been acquitted of the quadruple homicide; therefore, the prohibition on double jeopardy, or being prosecuted twice for the same offense, does not apply."

Curtis Flowers: Supreme Court hearing Winona murders appeal Wednesday

Wrong

They are there to SERVE the American people.

I know what you said and is why I asked the question. How should a black person act or behave so as not to be considered an Uncle Tom?

Not miserably sucking up to white people and selling out his own.

That's a little vague. But then, most of your arguments are.

I can't help but wonder, since you had so much wrong about the Sandmann and Michael Brown cases, how much do you have wrong here? Quite simply, you have proven yourself to be untrustworthy, woefully biased, too emotional, implacable, unforgiving, petty, and vindictive with a streak of sadism.

Yeah, but...he's brown. Doesn't that count for something? Doesn't that afford him the right to flout the law as you would have the little brown people do? I mean, I thought skin color made a difference to you.

Um, no. Sorry, man, that was a travesty of justice, that this county is continuing to violate this man's civil rights because he's black. And there's UNCLE Thomas saying, "boy, that guy shure has it comin' boss!"

From a USAToday article from 3/19/19: "Three of his (Flowers') guilty verdicts have been overturned, but he has never been acquitted of the quadruple homicide; therefore, the prohibition on double jeopardy, or being prosecuted twice for the same offense, does not apply."

Curtis Flowers: Supreme Court hearing Winona murders appeal Wednesday
Does the physical evidence point to flowers?

Wrong

They are there to SERVE the American people.
By assisting president trump

Calling someone Uncle Tom is not an observation, it's an opinion.

Nope, it's an observation when some sad pathetic suckup is willing to sell out his own to ingratiate himself to white folks, he's an Uncle Tom.

First, are you saying he should "act black"? If so, what does that mean?

He is black, so why would he need to ACT black.

You tell me, you and JoeB are the ones saying he's an Uncle Tom.

Because he is.

So you're saying he should act black.

Second, who are you, a white man, to tell Clarence Thomas, a black man, how to act?

….and yet you as a white man are trying to question other black men who see his actions as selling out.

So what you're saying is that black men are saying how another black man should act. Does that about sum it up?

No we are telling him to stop being a Tom.

In other words, act black.

If a black person behaving a certain way earns him the sobriquet "Uncle Tom" then you are essentially saying that black people should act a certain way. I.E., act black.

Third, "sad", "pathetic" and "suckup" are relative terms and thus are also only opinions. For that matter, "ingratiate" needs some clarification or this is just another subjective opinion.

Again they are not opinions when they are true.

That's a copout argument. What is or is not true is precisely the question. All this does is change the wording of your argument from "I think Clarence Thomas is a sellout" to "I think it is true that Clarence Thomas is a sellout". You're still expressing an opinion either way.

Again, it is not true because you say it is.

No I KNOW he is a sell out.

Not because you say so.

Merely saying you know someone is a sellout does not make it true. That's not how it works.[/quote]

Not because you say so.

Not because you say so.

You're right just ask.his sister that he sold out.

Why would I think his sister's opinion is any more valid than yours?

Sure there is, you just choose not to accept it.

I choose not to accept any of it because it is inherently divisive. I also choose not to accept any of it because in some cases, the reasons given for labeling a black person as a sellout are so ludicrous as to defy logic.

That's your opinion and you have a right to it.

So you see, it goes both ways.

Well that is probably because as a white person you will never understand where black folks are coming from when they call someone a sellout, Tom, Boot Licker. etc.

How does that explain JoeB and other whites here agreeing with you that Thomas is a sellout?

This statement means one of two things: 1) If true then you're saying JoeB doesn't even understand why he agrees with you. Or 2) You're just throwing out some specious argument because you have no clear idea of why some blacks think and believe as they do.

Having said that, even if it's true I don't fully understand why one black person calls another black person a sellout, this much I do understand: My views as a white person are considered so reprehensible that if a black person shares my views on politics or whatever, he's made a pariah.

<sarcasm> The OP isn't at all racist, right?</sarcasm>

Calling an Uncle Tom an Uncle Tom isn't racist. It's an observation.

Let's not forget, Clarance Thomas was the only SCOTUS justice who had no problem with a DA excluding blacks from a capital case jury because they MIGHT acquit a defendant the SIXTH time the case came up.
Listen, when his predecessor, the late great Marshall called him a snake....its a snake!! He's been a laid back getting a paycheck justice since he's been there. Never have any real opinions on anything, aloof from the rednecks he's among and pretty much a do nothing judge WHO'S WIFE PRETTY MUCH RUNS HIS BLACK ASS AND HIS OPINIONS

Forum List

Back