Uncancelled History with Douglas Murray | EP. 01 Robert E. Lee

You are a good one to ask.
When you were a Republican, is that how you believed then?

The daughters did play a very important role. But the daughters were female Democrats representing the entire population. Why did you change to being a Democrat?

In my case it was due to what Carter did and was not connected at all to race issues.

The South remained populist while the Watergate Babies were all technocrats who favored big banks and monopolies and hated working class people. They got rid of the Wright Patmans and other pro-American old timers and partied with the bankers and millionaires and big business owners. There were still a few pro-American Republicans in those days. The GOP killed them off in the 1980's, and the Watergate Babies passed the 'super-delegate rule' giving themselves control of the Party's candidates and cash in the 1980's as well. There were essentially no parties representing most Americans or small businesses and workers, and hasn't been since.

The South remained populist while the Watergate Babies were all technocrats who favored big banks and monopolies and hated working class people. They got rid of the Wright Patmans and other pro-American old timers and partied with the bankers and millionaires and big business owners. There were still a few pro-American Republicans in those days. The GOP killed them off in the 1980's, and the Watergate Babies passed the 'super-delegate rule' giving themselves control of the Party's candidates and cash in the 1980's as well. There were essentially no parties representing most Americans or small businesses and workers, and hasn't been since.
Even reading the conspiracy theories such as the above pass information to me.
I find that posters grouping others together rarely if ever get it right.

I spent time as a Democrat in the South in 1962 when I was based at Ft. Benning, GA. I found their politics were severe in how hateful they were. And they were devoted to Jim Crow.
The idea they suddenly or over a short span of time decided the Republicans were right is false, such as the Myth the two parties swapped views. I arrived in GA as a Democrat yet not at all racist. I had some good experiences with blacks so I never saw them as all the same at all. Black crooks were simply crooks to me. I was happy with the Civil Rights laws changing for the better. I changed parties pretty much triggered by Jimmy Carters acts as president. It spurred me to start deeply studying this nations political systems and am pleased to still be a Republican. I spent 42 years as a very loyal Democrat so it took a hell of a lot for me to change parties.

n
And beloved by Republicans.
That is one wild claim. We simply want this nation to admit all of it's history and not allow the Democrats to flat out erase the history of America.

It took only a desire to keep a racist south for racist dems to become racist GOP.
Dems never changed parties over race. In fact studying today's racial problems, clearly they want race to be even more and more important as a lie to tell about Republicans.

It took only a desire to keep a racist south for racist dems to become racist GOP.
Dems never changed parties over race. In fact studying today's racial problems, clearly they want race to be even more and more important as a lie to tell about Republicans.
John Edgar Slow Horses Robert W needs to dtudy history.

And then Reagan pretty much copied Carter's policies, which is what makes the cult worship of Reagan so hilarious. Bill Clinton outdid Reagan re 'Reaganomics' even more so.
When did Reagan ban our athletes from going to the Olympics? I was then a Real Estate Broker and it clearly damaged our economy when Carter was in office. The only thing holding up sales of real estate was the assumable loans then on so many homes. Had Reagan been like Carter, I would have bailed out on him rather than vote for him both times he ran for president. Reagans economics were really what was taught in college at the time.

That is a lie. And you wrote nobody died. That is a lie too.
I said nobody died due to the cannon fire at Sumter by the Confederates. I explained as the Flag of the US was being taken down, a cannon in the fort was fired and that is what killed the one trooper. Learn your history before challenging me on this issue.

When did Reagan ban our athletes from going to the Olympics? I was then a Real Estate Broker and it clearly damaged our economy when Carter was in office. The only thing holding up sales of real estate was the assumable loans then on so many homes. Had Reagan been like Carter, I would have bailed out on him rather than vote for him both times he ran for president. Reagans economics were really what was taught in college at the time.

Another bubble funded by hot money and crooked real estate developers, then there were the junk bonds to finance all the mindless mergers, then the ridiculous defense projects, like battle ships the Navy didn't want and couldn't use, and then the tax increases on the people who could least afford it while their incomes were declining in real terms.
When did Reagan ban our athletes from going to the Olympics?

When did that matter? His economic policies are what Reagan copied, and it was CArter who appointed Volker.

They only snivel about it because they think it makes them bulletproof while bashing the south and claimng they're anti-racist n stuff, never mind Lincoln made sure they stayed in the South and his successors did too. They aslo made them work the govt. run plantations and those that were not used there were forced into contraband camps and left to starve and die of diseases. It's just a cover up for their own Nazi style atrocities.

I spent time as a Democrat in the South in 1962 when I was based at Ft. Benning, GA. I found their politics were severe in how hateful they were. And they were devoted to Jim Crow.
The idea they suddenly or over a short span of time decided the Republicans were right is false, such as the Myth the two parties swapped views. I arrived in GA as a Democrat yet not at all racist. I had some good experiences with blacks so I never saw them as all the same at all. Black crooks were simply crooks to me. I was happy with the Civil Rights laws changing for the better. I changed parties pretty much triggered by Jimmy Carters acts as president. It spurred me to start deeply studying this nations political systems and am pleased to still be a Republican. I spent 42 years as a very loyal Democrat so it took a hell of a lot for me to change parties.

It's not a conspiracy theory, it is what happened. Eisenhower was the last President to oppose monopolies and seriously enforce anti-trust laws. Beginning with JFK the technocrats began taking over. The CD scams were the beginning of the boom and bust cycles and 'too big to fail'. The 'New Democrats' forced out people like Wright Patman and others who were holding the line against chain stores and massive merger mania.

Of course you needed to distort what I said. Never mind,.

It's not a conspiracy theory, it is what happened. Eisenhower was the last President to oppose monopolies and seriously enforce anti-trust laws. Beginning with JFK the technocrats began taking over. The CD scams were the beginning of the boom and bust cycles and 'too big to fail'.
Oh god, talk about drifting far off the topic and deep into other stories.....
I am old enough that Ike was a General in the Army when I was in grade school. A discussion on monopolies is very very complex and not as simple as you seem to think it is. Presidents do not enforce laws as a part of their job. Still you probably mean he was president when this alleged event happened. The Industrial age really took off caused by WW2. They had to do things faster and cheaper. Too big to fail was much more recent. Tearing off into the wild blue yonder floored me since the topic should be about the Confederates of the Civil war era.

Another bubble funded by hot money and crooked real estate developers, then there were the junk bonds to finance all the mindless mergers, then the ridiculous defense projects, like battle ships the Navy didn't want and couldn't use, and then the tax increases on the people who could least afford it while their incomes were declining in real terms.

When did that matter? His economic policies are what Reagan copied, and it was CArter who appointed Volker.

They only snivel about it because they think it makes them bulletproof while bashing the south and claimng they're anti-racist n stuff, never mind Lincoln made sure they stayed in the South and his successors did too. They aslo made them work the govt. run plantations and those that were not used there were forced into contraband camps and left to starve and die of diseases. It's just a cover up for their own Nazi style atrocities.
I invite you to create a topic about Reagan's economics policies.
I am very fluent in that era.

Dudley, the last US Battleship commissioned was in 1944 and Reagan was not involved.

During the war the Missouri was manned by a crew of more than 2,500. The Missouri was built at the New York Naval Shipyard and was launched and commissioned in 1944—the last battleship ever launched by the United States.Aug 29, 2023

Carter did appoint Volker but Volker was not able to prevent the recession and terrible economy we endured in the 1980s at all.
Sure those who believe in the Southern Strategy are pretty damned ignorant on this issue too.

Forum List

Back