Unarmed exchange student killed by homeowner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esmeralda

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2013
Washington State
This is an old case. The German exchange student belonged to a gang that played a game called garage hopping. It was break into a garage and steal what you can. He had broken into this man's garage and stolen before.

He had it coming. This is a happy ending.

Exchange student killed 'garage hopping' in Montana - CNN.com Video

He didn't have it coming. In no other modern, industrialzed first world nation in the world does breaking into a garage warrant the death penalty, and not even in our country as far as breaking and entering laws are concerned.

You people delight in killing people.

This is an old case. The German exchange student belonged to a gang that played a game called garage hopping. It was break into a garage and steal what you can. He had broken into this man's garage and stolen before.

He didn't have it coming. In no other modern, industrialzed first world nation in the world does breaking into a garage warrant the death penalty, and not even in our country as far as breaking and entering laws are concerned.

You people delight in killing people.

In killing criminals? Yes. Of course. They have a choice. They can stop committing crimes. They can stop committing crimes as a source of enjoyment.

He didn't have it coming.
When you present yourself as a threat to someone, you have it coming.

In no other modern, industrialzed first world nation in the world does breaking into a garage warrant the death penalty...
There ws no death penalty here.

I can't agree it's a happy ending. But I do have to wonder at the outrage that come months after the case and without all the facts to the self righteous

Last edited:
And you have all the facts? I don't live in the US, though I am an American, and this is the first time I have heard of this incident. It appears the homeowner lay in wait for this guy and then shot at him in a darkened garage, not caring if he killed him and not knowing if this kid was armed or not or meant any bodily harm to the homeowners. It's murder as far as I am concerned: not self defense or defense of your home. Material possessions are not as important as human life and this was a young kid, only 17, and unarmed.

As I said: you people simply delight in killing other people.

And you have all the facts? I don't live in the US, though I am an American, and this is the first time I have heard of this incident. It appears the homeowner lay in wait for this guy and then shot at him in a darkened garage, not caring if he killed him and not knowing if this kid was armed or not or meant any bodily harm to the homeowners. It's murder as far as I am concerned: not self defense or defense of your home. Material possessions are not as important as human life and this was a young kid, only 17, and unarmed.

he had a wife and an infant in the house it appears, he was defending his property from an intruder.

The kid went into the garage knowing it was not his property.

The man should be found not guilty.

Homeowners do not exist so that they can be prey for anyone who wants to steal from them. The student had a choice. He could not steal. Because stealing had been successful in the past (this student had stolen from this homeowner twice before) he expected that he could take anything he wanted. He was wrong. The world has lost a thief. That's no real loss.

Homeowners do not exist so that they can be prey for anyone who wants to steal from them. The student had a choice. He could not steal. Because stealing had been successful in the past (this student had stolen from this homeowner twice before) he expected that he could take anything he wanted. He was wrong. The world has lost a thief. That's no real loss.

Death is not the punishment for housebreaking or theft. You are happy he is dead. That makes you a very sick person.

The kid was German...more than likely full of hate and bloodlust. The homeowmer orobably did the world a favor...this kid had the potential of b3ing the next Hitler.

Death is not the punishment for housebreaking or theft. You are happy he is dead. That makes you a very sick person.

The appropriate reaction to someone trespassing, stealing and posing a possible immediate threat to you and yours is to what?

The kid was German...more than likely full of hate and bloodlust. The homeowmer orobably did the world a favor...this kid had the potential of b3ing the next Hitler.

He wasn't really German. He was a Turkish citizen of Germany. Germany should thank the homeowner. Diren Dede would likely have spread his thievery to Germany.

Do they teach special skills in Europe so you can tell how the age of the person who is breaking into your house?

And whether they are armed or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back