Unarmed exchange student killed by homeowner

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you have all the facts? I don't live in the US, though I am an American, and this is the first time I have heard of this incident. It appears the homeowner lay in wait for this guy and then shot at him in a darkened garage, not caring if he killed him and not knowing if this kid was armed or not or meant any bodily harm to the homeowners. It's murder as far as I am concerned: not self defense or defense of your home. Material possessions are not as important as human life and this was a young kid, only 17, and unarmed.

As I said: you people simply delight in killing other people.

Homeowners do not exist so that they can be prey for anyone who wants to steal from them. The student had a choice. He could not steal. Because stealing had been successful in the past (this student had stolen from this homeowner twice before) he expected that he could take anything he wanted. He was wrong. The world has lost a thief. That's no real loss.

Death is not the punishment for housebreaking or theft. You are happy he is dead. That makes you a very sick person.

So the homeowner has to assume all the risk of a person breaking into their house? The homeowner has to ID the person, be assured that the person is armed, and THEN they are allowed to use deadly force?

I'm sorry, but the burden is on the person breaking INTO the house, not the homeowner.

This guy had a wife and a newborn it appears to defend. He had no way of knowing who was intruding into his garage. he was within his rights to defend himself from an unknown threat ON HIS OWN PROPERTY.

Sounds to me his actions were right in line with the law as amended in '09. Had it not been changed though he might have been in the soup over the incident.

Rather familiar with the folks in Missoula and imagine a jury of his peers will do the right thing and acquit him of all charges.

If the German kid didn't try to march into the guys residence like it was Poland then he would not have gotten shot. Wonder if the guy used a WWII vintage M-1 garand?

Oh BTW, note to European's...don't try to break into homes when you are in America. Especially places like Montana, Texas, or Alabama. You will get a slug put in you. So you better stay on your side of the ocean where breaking into someones home will result in a little bitch slap fest.

Markus Kaarma, Montana man, pleads not guilty in shooting death of German exchange student - CBS News

Suspect in German exchange student killing pleads not guilty.

Another unarmed teenanger is sacraficed to the pro-gun pitbull grip on a literal interpretation of the 2nd Amendment.

American is the only modern Western country where unarmed burglary seems to warrant a death sentence.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? You actually believe being unarmed is a license to break into my house and steal my stuff and I can't shoot the criminal?

Your new name: Mo-fucking-ron!!

This is an old case. The German exchange student belonged to a gang that played a game called garage hopping. It was break into a garage and steal what you can. He had broken into this man's garage and stolen before.

He had it coming. This is a happy ending.

Exchange student killed 'garage hopping' in Montana - CNN.com Video

He didn't have it coming. In no other modern, industrialzed first world nation in the world does breaking into a garage warrant the death penalty, and not even in our country as far as breaking and entering laws are concerned.

You people delight in killing people.

What goddamn other "industrialized first world Country" are you from, whichever it is, yo need to go back there!
This Is America, not, "no other first World Country", and we shoot burglars here!

And you have all the facts? I don't live in the US, though I am an American, and this is the first time I have heard of this incident. It appears the homeowner lay in wait for this guy and then shot at him in a darkened garage, not caring if he killed him and not knowing if this kid was armed or not or meant any bodily harm to the homeowners. It's murder as far as I am concerned: not self defense or defense of your home. Material possessions are not as important as human life and this was a young kid, only 17, and unarmed.

Homeowners do not exist so that they can be prey for anyone who wants to steal from them. The student had a choice. He could not steal. Because stealing had been successful in the past (this student had stolen from this homeowner twice before) he expected that he could take anything he wanted. He was wrong. The world has lost a thief. That's no real loss.

Death is not the punishment for housebreaking or theft. You are happy he is dead. That makes you a very sick person.

Why do liberals almost always defend the guilty?

Says she who uses death to push her mindless, bigoted agnda.

Death is not the punishment for housebreaking or theft.
You apparently do not understand: The intruder was not punished.

Because liberals do not believe in property rights.

Used to be you had to use the same amount of force to defend yourself as the attacker used against you.

Now, its pretty much open season, shoot anyone you want, lie about it and get off.

The gun nuts are cowards.

Because liberals do not believe in property rights.

Uh no ... human beings believe that human beings are worth more than things.

RWs believe things are worth way more than mere human life.

He broke into a man's home, where a wife and new born were. Did you expect the Homeowner to greet him with cookies and milk? One need only reasonably fear for the safety of them selves or their family to use deadly force. He got what he deserved.

This is an old case. The German exchange student belonged to a gang that played a game called garage hopping. It was break into a garage and steal what you can. He had broken into this man's garage and stolen before.

He had it coming. This is a happy ending.

Exchange student killed 'garage hopping' in Montana - CNN.com Video

He didn't have it coming. In no other modern, industrialzed first world nation in the world does breaking into a garage warrant the death penalty, and not even in our country as far as breaking and entering laws are concerned.

In killing criminals? Yes. Of course. They have a choice. They can stop committing crimes. They can stop committing crimes as a source of enjoyment.

what a douche. Kids being kids doing a prank called garage hoping now warrants the death sentence. You really should go live in North Korea. This is the kind of thing that wouldn't even bat an eyelid over there...

In killing criminals? Yes. Of course. They have a choice. They can stop committing crimes. They can stop committing crimes as a source of enjoyment.

what a douche. Kids being kids doing a prank called garage hoping now warrants the death sentence. You really should go live in North Korea. This is the kind of thing that wouldn't even bat an eyelid over there...

So it is just kids being kids breaking into peoples homes and stealing and the homeowner of course knew there was no threat to his family. You liberals defend criminals and THAT is why we have so many and they all play the victim card, because dumb asses like you will claim they were just pulling a prank. Theft is not a prank.

Further the man had NO WAY to know it was a 17 year old kid " pulling a prank" all he knew was someone broke into his property while his wife and child were home.

I suppose if the kid knifed someone you would claim it was his upbringing?

The man had already been robbed twice before. No one works to get things for themselves and their family only to have to suck up robberies. The kid was a thief and got exactly what he had coming.

So it is just kids being kids breaking into peoples homes and stealing and the homeowner of course knew there was no threat to his family. You liberals defend criminals and THAT is why we have so many and they all play the victim card, because dumb asses like you will claim they were just pulling a prank. Theft is not a prank.

Further the man had NO WAY to know it was a 17 year old kid " pulling a prank" all he knew was someone broke into his property while his wife and child were home.

I suppose if the kid knifed someone you would claim it was his upbringing?

Who said I was defending him? If he was burglarising somebody's house and was caught he should be punished. Killed? No. The guy had a shotgun - he couldn't yell out to the guy he was armed? Couldn't have stayed indoors WITH is fully loaded shotgun and called the cops? There were many options open to him. As the saying goes "only in America"... What a shithole when it comes to firearms...Sounds like the home owner was just another chickenshit scaredy pants hiding behind his peashooter...Hope they throw the book at him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back