'Stand your ground' defense fails in Montana murder trial

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
Mont. (AP) — Just days before he shot to death a 17-year-old German exchange student, Markus Kaarma told hair stylists he had been waiting up to shoot some kids who were burglarizing homes.
He told them they would see it on the news.

Kaarma hoped to bait an intruder by leaving his garage door partially open and placing a purse inside, prosecutors said. And when he did, a motion detector alerted him early April 27. Kaarma took a shotgun outside and almost immediately fired four blasts into the garage. Diren Dede, unarmed, was hit twice. He died after the final shot hit him in the head.

For those reasons, Kaarma's "castle doctrine" defense, which allows people to use deadly force to protect their home and family, failed him Wednesday. A Missoula jury convicted him of deliberate homicide.

Stand your ground defense fails in Montana murder trial - Yahoo News

he set a trap ....and killed someone for a non capital crime....i think it was murder

would have been smarter to just fire some birdshot into one of his legs to teach the kid a lesson.

But a kill shot?:gay:
At close range, bird shot is like an elephant rifle.

Kid would have lost a leg if he didn't bleed out.

Methinks you don't know too much about shotguns.

Thanks Bones, I completely missed this outcome with the holidays. There was heated debate on it here before the trial.

Good to see cooler heads prevail and justice served.

Esmeralda did you see this?
Ernie S.
Kondor3

Last edited:
Mont. (AP) — Just days before he shot to death a 17-year-old German exchange student, Markus Kaarma told hair stylists he had been waiting up to shoot some kids who were burglarizing homes.

Kaarma hoped to bait an intruder by leaving his garage door partially open and placing a purse inside, prosecutors said. And when he did, a motion detector alerted him early April 27. Kaarma took a shotgun outside and almost immediately fired four blasts into the garage. Diren Dede, unarmed, was hit twice. He died after the final shot hit him in the head.

For those reasons, Kaarma's "castle doctrine" defense, which allows people to use deadly force to protect their home and family, failed him Wednesday. A Missoula jury convicted him of deliberate homicide.

he set a trap ....and killed someone for a non capital crime....i think it was murder

Stand yer ground is only an effective defense if the defendant is lighter in complexion than the victim.

Stand yer ground is only an effective defense if the defendant is lighter in complexion than the victim.
I would like to see a reality show where you go to prison.

I don't need to know about such wank fantasies...

Stop posting about me jerking off. Your post is gayer than your avatar which is a feat.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

You don't know what the Stand Your Ground Law is.

Stop posting about me jerking off. Your post is gayer than your avatar which is a feat.

I had no idea that my image made anybody "uncomfortable"

*creeped-out now*

Castle doctrine/SYG is not a license to kill, it is valid only in the context of its good faith use by the home or property owner, where the owner has made every effort to otherwise secure his home and property and safeguard his life. And only when those good faith efforts are compromised by a criminal intruder is lethal force justified in defense of one's home.

Posts have gender now?

:cuckoo:

ok, now what? who says it never has failed. Attorneys try all kind of defenses and failed.

ok, now what? who says it never has failed. Attorneys try all kind of defenses and failed.

Nobody said it "never has failed". This is a specific result in a specific case, which was, when it happened, hotly debated here as to whether the defendant was within his rights. Several posters argued, quite passionately, that he was. So passionately in fact that management closed the thread down. Well here's the decision -- they were wrong.

This would be a case about the "Castle Doctrine" not stand your ground. That being said the act of luring definitely makes the Castle Doctrine less likely to be believed. So yahoo news is wrong on the title.

This would be a case about the "Castle Doctrine" not stand your ground. That being said the act of luring definitely makes the Castle Doctrine less likely to be believed. So yahoo news is wrong on the title.

yahoo news has become joke

Forum List

Back