UK rednecks are now having buyers remorse......LOLOLOLOLOL

Brexit won't have the same effect as the Global Financial Crisis. It will shave a point or so off GDP growth over time, but it's not a systematic crisis that threatens the global financial system like the GFC did.

Our financial crash in 2008, if that is what you are referring to as the GFC, is what got the ball rolling for Brexit in the first place. The European Central Bank dropped the ball and the wealthier countries like Germany and Britain got stuck bailing out Greece and Spain. If other countries break away from the EU it will cause a complete breakdown in trade, services and employment and WILL definitely threaten the global economy.

Take a look at this table and see how influential the EU is in global trading:
List of countries by leading trade partners - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There will be no revote because 70% of the names on the petition are from outside the UK.

Would you care to post a link verifying that statement?
It was posted here earlier today.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215.json

I think you should learn a little bit on how to read a .txt file and go to the URL for that data.
The link you are looking at has a .json extension which doesn't make sense.
So I fixed this for you, since SO MANY of you righties really can't fucking navigate info in the first place:

Petition: EU Referendum Rules triggering a 2nd EU Referendum

"EU Referendum Rules triggering a 2nd EU Referendum"
We the undersigned call upon HM Government to implement a rule that if the remain or leave vote is less than 60% based a turnout less than 75% there should be another referendum.

Sign this petition
3,225,215 signatures

Show on a map

Parliament will consider this for a debate

Here's the map from the vote. Scroll your cursor over the map and see the number of votes from each shire. ALL of these names are within the UK as you can see from the map.

Petition Map (by Unboxed)

Last edited:
I think it's much to early for anyone to feel buyers remorse. At any rate, there is no credible evidence that those who want another election are those who prevailed in the matter. Usually, the losers are the ones who want a second chance. The media and the elite who control them have a vested interest in keeping Britain in the EU and I wouldn't give much credit to anything I read in the press.

The British are a proud people with a history of strong traditions. I personally think that the majority of Brits are fed up with the EU's required importation of immigrants who are slowly destroying their way of life. I believe that issue is more important to these Brits than any other consideration; therefore, they do not now, nor will they ever, regret their vote.

Brexit won't have the same effect as the Global Financial Crisis. It will shave a point or so off GDP growth over time, but it's not a systematic crisis that threatens the global financial system like the GFC did.

Our financial crash in 2008, if that is what you are referring to as the GFC, is what got the ball rolling for Brexit in the first place. The European Central Bank dropped the ball and the wealthier countries like Germany and Britain got stuck bailing out Greece and Spain. If other countries break away from the EU it will cause a complete breakdown in trade, services and employment and WILL definitely threaten the global economy.

Brexit is not other countries leaving the EU. Brexit is Brexit.

And Brexit won't have the same effect as the GFC.

If Brexit is the beginning of the break-up of the EU, that's one thing. But thus far, that's not what this is about.

Regrexit :laugh:

"We had a headache, so we shot our foot off."
-Phillip Pullman

Old people voted to leave. Young people voted to remain.

From an anonymous young person online: "The past voted against the future."
A third of young people voted leave. Around the age of 45 the vote for leave and remain was equal. Over 45 it starts heading into leave. Are 45 year olds 'old'?

I'm about that age, give or take a year or two. And I'm agnostic about Brexit, so I fit the demo perfectly.

Brexit is not other countries leaving the EU. Brexit is Brexit.

And Brexit won't have the same effect as the GFC.

If Brexit is the beginning of the break-up of the EU, that's one thing. But thus far, that's not what this is about.

I SAID: If other countries break away it will cause a complete breakdown and affect the global economy. France, the Netherlands may follow. There's something very true about how critical mass is met when just one entity starts the ball rolling.
EU referendum: Brexit sparks calls for other EU votes
EU referendum: Brexit sparks calls for other EU votes - BBC News

Last edited:
I think it's much to early for anyone to feel buyers remorse. At any rate, there is no credible evidence that those who want another election are those who prevailed in the matter. Usually, the losers are the ones who want a second chance. The media and the elite who control them have a vested interest in keeping Britain in the EU and I wouldn't give much credit to anything I read in the press.

The British are a proud people with a history of strong traditions. I personally think that the majority of Brits are fed up with the EU's required importation of immigrants who are slowly destroying their way of life. I believe that issue is more important to these Brits than any other consideration; therefore, they do not now, nor will they ever, regret their vote.

They're going to be very fed up when they realize that they can no longer travel or work on the mainland without extensive regulations and rules that will need to be met. And all the goods and services that have enjoyed, since the EU is their main trading partner, are gone.

British banks are already devaluing the pound and charging fees on transfers, even though Thursday was a referendum.

Brexit, if allowed to fulfill to a full conclusion, is going to create financial havoc that will make our 2008 financial crash look like just another wave on the high seas. But that wave will turn into a tsunami headed this way if other European countries follow suit and withdraw from the EU. The regulations and rules for these countries trading between themselves, services shared and the people who work in one country but are natives of another will ALL be upended and come to a very destructive halt.

Trump is so fucking wrong and stupid on this, it's beyond belief.

You got that from crystal ball? None of it will happen. There is going to be some aftershock, but they'll be OK.

'It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so." Ronald Reagan.

They're going to be very fed up when they realize that they can no longer travel or work on the mainland without extensive regulations and rules that will need to be met. And all the goods and services that have enjoyed, since the EU is their main trading partner, are gone.
---------------------------------- good , let them get used to it . Tradeoff is worth it as Sovereignty starts a return to 'blighty' , fook the whining millenial and other whiners who are probably imported people NoTea .

-Phillip Pullman

I don't think you got much of a proof to back it up. I know many youngsters who voted to leave.

Young people voted to remain. Old people voted to leave.

2300wb-brexit-demogs.jpg

No, Brexit isn’t a good sign for Trump

-Phillip Pullman

I don't think you got much of a proof to back it up. I know many youngsters who voted to leave.

Young people voted to remain. Old people voted to leave.

2300wb-brexit-demogs.jpg

No, Brexit isn’t a good sign for Trump
--------------------- I think it is but we will see , just a few months to go .

The Latest: Calls for 2nd referendum crash UK website

Lefties are sore losers. Also...

Data shows that nearly 70% of signatures came outside of UK.

Serious fraud with the Online Petition, as we were mentioning last night, nearly 80,000 names now have been removed. If it's that high, it's probable a good percentage of the other names aren't legitimate either.

Second EU referendum petition investigated for fraud

"The House of Commons petitions committee is investigating allegations of fraud in connection with a petition calling for a second EU referendum.

Its inquiry is focused on the possibility that some names could be fraudulent -77,000 signatures have already been removed.

More than 3.2 million signatures are on the petition, but PM David Cameron has said there will be no second vote.

The UK voted by 52% to 48% to leave the EU in Thursday's referendum.

Helen Jones, who chairs the cross-party petitions committee, said in a statement posted on Twitter that it was taking the allegations "very seriously".

The rest of the article.

Second EU referendum petition investigated for fraud - BBC News

Uh-oh, seems William Oliver Healey has been, um, well I said last he was a Neo-Nazi, and well, HE IS, and now he and his Online Petition have been caught rigging the vote with multiple votes, he says his petition has been "hijacked"

_90097959_51b2d9ee-d048-41f7-897a-5d37b2a0ae49.jpg

Its not much surprise to me that most Donald Trump supporters are older and less educated.

A higher education today means sitting at an over priced school being indoctrinated by liberal professors for 4-6 years. I can't imagine why people who were NOT subjected to that might not buy into the liberal philosophy. Are you telling me that the generation who grew up with the "work hard" philosophy doesn't agree with the generation of the "me too" philosophy?

And for the record, I have 2 college degrees but didn't buy any of the liberal crap I was fed. It's well known that young people tend to be liberal because it's a feel good mentality. Once you get into the working world and see your hard earned money going to Unclebobo to pay for lazy ass porch monkeys, you start to lose patience for liberal bullshit.

As they say, if you're 20 and not a liberal you have no heart. If you're 40 and not a conservative you have no brain. Or.....no job.

Last edited:
Liberals were hoping that if Britain could have a redo of the Brexit election American libs could have a redo of the presidential election when hillary loses.

Within hours of the vote to leave the EU, Nigel Farage, the leader of the UK Independent Party (Ukip), pulled the veil back on the lies that propped up the Leave campaign, especially the pledge that was painted on buses across Britain that the vote would put £350m ($475m) directly into NHS.

“No I can’t [guarantee it], and I would never have made that claim,” Farage revealed on Good Morning Britain. “That was one of the mistakes that I think the Leave campaign made.”

Just like Farage, Trump is holding a shiny object in one hand – his personal wealth, or at least boasts of wealth – to distract conservative voters and politicians alike from the race and religion-baiting that enlivens his hardcore base.

Brexit stands as a warning to American conservatives

Forum List

Back