Uh Oh: Rick Perry Gets Popped With The Dreaded Evolution Question. (Click For Answer)

Thank you. From the right wing, I consider that a badge of honor.

Who can have respect for people who believe science is a "faith", evolution a "lie" and climate change a "conspiracy"?

believe it or not, not having your respect doesn't have quite the sting you might imagine it does.

you can take it on faith :thup:

That's the problem. You wouldn't buy a car on "faith", would you? Unless, did you buy that lemon? I told you not to.

Anything you haven't seen with your own eyes, you take on faith.

He probably doesn't agree with gravity either. It's fun to watch you people walk a fence on the subject of evolution in the face of scientific evidence.

:rofl:

NOt really. It's the same fences most Americans walk.

Four in 10 Americans Believe in Strict Creationism

Four in 10 Americans, slightly fewer today than in years past, believe God created humans in their present form about 10,000 years ago. Thirty-eight percent believe God guided a process by which humans developed over millions of years from less advanced life forms, while 16%, up slightly from years past, believe humans developed over millions of years, without God's involvement.

So his view is one that 78% of the population agrees with.

Incidently, I'm an agnostic and am horrified that a sizable portion of the population thinks the dinosaurs aren't around because Noah couldn't fit them on the ark. But please, libs, this is not a winning issue for you guys. This is one of those issues where you need to run to the courts and keep getting the judges to impose your views on everyone else.

As with every election and especially a presidential election, all candidates are asked their thoughts on evolution. I believe the liberal MSM passed on asking that question to Obama (I wonder why?) but anyway, Rick Perry was asked the question and he gave a lengthy answer. How do you think his response was?

Rick Perry Answers the Dreaded "Evolution" Question - Evolution News & Views
His Answer:

"There are clear indications from our people who have amazing intellectual capability that this didn't happen by accident and a creator put this in place. Now, what was his time frame and how did he create the earth that we know? I'm not going to tell you that I've got the answers to that. I believe that we were created by this all-powerful supreme being and how we got to today versus what we look like thousands of years ago, I think there's enough holes in the theory of evolution to, you know, say there are some holes in that theory."

Will his evangelical base accept this answer as good enough?

Here is another source;
PERRY SEES "HOLES" IN "THEORY" OF EVOLUTION

Perry came out as an evangelical. He is working to unite the 3 legs of the conservative movement. Perry gets it. And his answers are great, btw. No contradiction to evolution there.
And Perry has spent 10 years as governor and never once quit.

These liberals that proclaim intellectual superiority by insulting and denigrating Christians for maintaining their faith are simply demonstrating their utterly transparent hatred and bigotry.

They reserve these types of insults almost exclusively to Christianity. Leftists are so shallow and intellectually lacking that they can't comprehend how the belief in God and evolution are not mutually exclusive, nor do they acknowledge that many in the scientific community are Christians. No, they get their world view from television that continually reinforces their simplistic ideas that all scientists are atheists.

Some people reconcile being Christian and science. Some don't. But putting the truth out there isn't making fun of anyone's faith. Unless they think it is. Religion and science, polar opposites.

Religion is "belief without evidence".

Science is "evidence based".

If some take comfort believing in "magical entities", so be it. But without proof, it's unfair to expect other to "respect" beliefs that are shoved in our faces. How would they like it if I tried to put up "Moon Signs" because I believed the inside the Moon is made from "soft gooey cheese"? No one can prove it isn't. To me, supernatural beliefs are "on that level" because they have no proof.

You can only reconcile Christianity and science if you accept the premise that the Bible is a story book, not a science book.

As with every election and especially a presidential election, all candidates are asked their thoughts on evolution. I believe the liberal MSM passed on asking that question to Obama (I wonder why?) but anyway, Rick Perry was asked the question and he gave a lengthy answer. How do you think his response was?

His Answer:

"There are clear indications from our people who have amazing intellectual capability that this didn't happen by accident and a creator put this in place. Now, what was his time frame and how did he create the earth that we know? I'm not going to tell you that I've got the answers to that. I believe that we were created by this all-powerful supreme being and how we got to today versus what we look like thousands of years ago, I think there's enough holes in the theory of evolution to, you know, say there are some holes in that theory."

Here is another source;

Sounds logical. He is saying we have evolved over time but something created us in the past. Evolution does have a whole in it that doesn't explain how humans evolved from asteroid dust or from single cell organisms so I don't have a problem with his answer.

On a side note Im not religious, yes I have faith in God but I don't like or follow any religions.

This just goes to show off we are on our priorities. The World is burning and our financial house is on the verge of collapse and people think the most important question to ask potential candidates is what they think of theories of the Earth's creation. As if an opinion on events no one was alive to witness have any bearing on getting our AAA credit rating back, paying our debts, getting the government off the people's back and getting them back to work, etc.

Don't get me wrong. I'm always up for healthy debate about faith, politics, science, whatever. But I can be pretty tolerant when it comes to what someones opinion on an unimportant matter is if they have the right solutons to everything else.

I think it's relevant, and I'll tell you why.

First of all, if you believe one perfectly absurd story in the face of overwhelming, definitive evidence to the contrary (eg, intelligent design), you're likely to believe others (eg, supply side economics).

Second, people who have great faith have a tendency to think their faith alone is enough. There was a study at one point that asserted that when potentially terminally ill individuals, eg leukemia patients, were aware that large number of people were praying for them, their survival rate actually declined.

So I want to know these answers from people running for office. I want to know if you believe the Earth is 6000 years old and dinosaurs and man roamed the earth at the same time. I want to know if you believe life began in an enchanted forest, and man was permabanned because he "sinned." You may think it's irrelevant, but I want to know these answers.

Perry's answer actually wasn't that bad. I expected it to be much worse or dodged altogether.

His Answer:

Here is another source;

Perry came out as an evangelical. He is working to unite the 3 legs of the conservative movement. Perry gets it. And his answers are great, btw. No contradiction to evolution there.

He didn't have to step down. Texas had laws to protect their governors from frivilous ethics lawsuits unlike Alaska which didn't. One thing though, Perry worked and campaigned for Al Gore

His Answer:

Here is another source;

Your gal Palin sees the very same "holes".

Or Russia from her porch.

He probably doesn't agree with gravity either. It's fun to watch you people walk a fence on the subject of evolution in the face of scientific evidence.

:rofl:

NOt really. It's the same fences most Americans walk.

Four in 10 Americans Believe in Strict Creationism

Four in 10 Americans, slightly fewer today than in years past, believe God created humans in their present form about 10,000 years ago. Thirty-eight percent believe God guided a process by which humans developed over millions of years from less advanced life forms, while 16%, up slightly from years past, believe humans developed over millions of years, without God's involvement.

So his view is one that 78% of the population agrees with.

Incidently, I'm an agnostic and am horrified that a sizable portion of the population thinks the dinosaurs aren't around because Noah couldn't fit them on the ark. But please, libs, this is not a winning issue for you guys. This is one of those issues where you need to run to the courts and keep getting the judges to impose your views on everyone else.

Impose our views?

The Constitution makes it clear that government is not here to support religion.

You are free to worship as you wish..but science is science. And when you start mudding science with religion you create a problem.

That's why people need to be reminded that it isn't kosher to do so.

I don't why evolution disturbs people on the right, but it does. No wonder America ranks up their with Turkey in denying evolution.

Evolution has never been proven. It is only a theory and believing that theory requires just as much if not more faith than Christians have in their beliefs. IMO

I don't why evolution disturbs people on the right, but it does. No wonder America ranks up their with Turkey in denying evolution.

Evolution has never been proven. It is only a theory and believing that theory requires just as much if not more faith than Christians have in their beliefs. IMO

There are volumes and volumes of hard evidence for evolution.

Are there volumes and volumes of hard evidence for the Biblical 'theory' of Creation?

His Answer:

Here is another source;

He didn't have to step down. Texas had laws to protect their governors from frivilous ethics lawsuits unlike Alaska which didn't. One thing though, Perry worked and campaigned for Al Gore

Reagan was a Democrat too.
I hate to break it to you, but Palin probably isn't going to run. If she does, she probably won't get the nomination. She has too many things against her, including being upstaged by Michelle Bachmann.
Sorry, guy. Dreams die hard.

Thanks for the laugh.

I'd love to hear you expand further and tell us how believing in an invisible man in the sky is not a bigger stretch then biological evolution of millions of years.

Thanks for the laugh.

I'd love to hear you expand further and tell us how believing in an invisible man in the sky is not a bigger stretch then biological evolution of millions of years.

People laugh at what they don't understand.
There is no evidence at all for evolution as people generally understand it, that is, from one species to another. There is only evolution within a species.

I don't believe George Washington ever existed. Yeah, plenty of people have told stories about him, there are paintings of him but that's ancient history. Unless I meet him in person, I can't believe he ever existed.

Yeah, there is a grave somewhere with a marker that says "George Washington", but that could be anyone's bones in there.

Thanks for the laugh.

There is no evidence at all for evolution as people generally understand it, that is, from one species to another. There is only evolution within a species.

Yeah..like babies in the womb don't turn from "one species into another". We have giant tadpole looking people walking around all the time.

And, incidently, how exactly do you come up with the term "species" without using the science garnered from Darwin's theory of evolution? :lol:

Thanks for the laugh.

So you believe that species simply appeared out of nowhere one day and began to live on the earth.

For example, one day there were no lions in Africa, at all, then, the next day, there were lions.

Explain in detail how you figure that happened. Was it like, here's the baboon looking a tree one day and there's nothing underneath it, then suddenly, POOF!! there sits a lion. Came out of thin air.

Give us a believable scenario as to how species suddenly appeared if they couldn't have evolved.

Even in the life cycle of the same species..some life forms make radical changes.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAUSKxWMIh0&NR=1]‪Time-lapse of Butterfly Lifecycle‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiQYWxJLhaQ]‪time lapse: frog spawn‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Evolution..baby.

There are volumes and volumes of hard evidence for evolution.

Are there volumes and volumes of hard evidence for the Biblical 'theory' of Creation?

Show me some examples of your "hard" evidence.

The thing about Chrsitianity in regards to creation, we don't question the Word of God. We accept it on faith. Much like the faith you hold on the "theory" of evolution.

Forum List

Back