uh oh.... democrats going to stop BP from paying dividends??

I've already given examples of what happens to countries who start grabbing assets and profits from indigenous or foreign owned businesses.

I didn't ask about countries that seize the assets of companies. I asked for an example where a company was prevented from distributing dividends and that caused other companies to leave the coutry.

No one is "seizing" BP's assets. They are just prohibiting BO from distributing dividends; BP will still have possession of the money and can spend it on expenses, etc.

So try again coward. This time respond to the question I asked instead of dodging it.

I fail to see how you equate logic with 'screaming'.... WhinyboyTuna is the SCREAMER Unless, of course, you can show me one example of me using big capital letters and bold text to "make a point".

Logic? You think the govt is "seizing" BP's asset when it's doing nothing of the kind.

So again, will you "back it up, or withdraw it" or are you too afraid to provide one example where a govt prevented a corporation from distributing dividends (NOT "seizing assets") and that caused other corporations to flee that natioin?

Or will you just lie about something else like the conservative weenies always do

Stop drilling----and let the price of everything skyrocket

then lets see who screams the first and loudest.

Why do you hate America?

You realize that, in 2010, logic and reason have been replaced by screaming hysteria, right? Did you not read your new manual "How to be a Real American"? Shame on you.

Uhhh, the government took over GM and AIG. What makes you think they couldn't do it to BP?

Its really quite simple, IMO. You first put together evidence that BP may wind up owing more than its worth as a company. Then you bring this to a federal judge and ask him to freeze BP's U.S. assets pending the resolution of the damages they owe.

Wow. Spoken like a true Banana Republic Thug.

Obama has already nationalized GM, Chrysler and the entire residential mortgage market, so adding BP to the list will not be a big deal.

Countries that seize assets from businesses end up with businesses leaving their country. You get that right?

Ok. Got it. We should never seize assets from businesses. Or they will runaway and the entire economy will fail. I'm just as stupid as you now, are you satisfied?

Within 5 years - every other energy company - and the hundreds of thousands of jobs - and the billions of dollars of investment - go out of the country.

ROTFLMAO!

ALL of them, right ??? You are pathetically hilarious. You seriously believe that? You think that because we make BP pay what it owes - all the other energy companies will no longer want to make profit in the U.S?

Seriously, do you live in a group home or something? Did you daddy send you off to Britain to live in a mental ward so the family back home wouldn't have to deal with it?

(because illegally seizing profits and assets is illegal)....
DUH. But its not illegal when its ordered by a judge as part of civil proceedings to make sure a company will be able to pay its creditors.

You really are just a dumb blond, aren't you?

Last edited:
I've already given examples of what happens to countries who start grabbing assets and profits from indigenous or foreign owned businesses.

I didn't ask about countries that seize the assets of companies. I asked for an example where a company was prevented from distributing dividends and that caused other companies to leave the coutry.

No one is "seizing" BP's assets. They are just prohibiting BO from distributing dividends; BP will still have possession of the money and can spend it on expenses, etc.

So try again coward. This time respond to the question I asked instead of dodging it.

I fail to see how you equate logic with 'screaming'.... WhinyboyTuna is the SCREAMER Unless, of course, you can show me one example of me using big capital letters and bold text to "make a point".

Logic? You think the govt is "seizing" BP's asset when it's doing nothing of the kind.

So again, will you "back it up, or withdraw it" or are you too afraid to provide one example where a govt prevented a corporation from distributing dividends (NOT "seizing assets") and that caused other corporations to flee that natioin?

Or will you just lie about something else like the conservative weenies always do

Actually, little brainless one, that is exactly what WhinyboyTuna has been ranting about. Seizing the assets and profits of BP to pay for their mess.

And since I was actually responding to him when you decided to start fucking whining, why don't you stop fucking whining.

I backed up what I said. You, on the other hand, back up jack shit. You're stupidity is, thankfully, not contagious.

Oh....so now it's OK to just let the government take over companies whenever it suits their fancy...are you actually Hugo Chavez but using a fake I.D. here on USMB?
Is BP too big to fail?:lol:

If you don't get the reasons that BP in particular needs to be treated differently then I guess you're just plain stupid and there's nothing more I can do for you.

YOU'RE the one who's stupid...gutting a corporation just to satisfy your little power trip instead of letting them continue to stay in business so they can pay for this spills consequences for the next 50 years. You are certainly in the running for a Doctorate in Buffoonery...better hope none of your professors see your mindless rants or you'll get transferred to the local clown college.

WhineyManTuba is a classic example of the Mob Lunatic Mentality against which the Constitution was designed to protect our society. We have a Rule of Law, not a Rule of Mob Revenge - at least until Obama is allowed to destroy it.

BWAHAHA!!! You got busted for lying about BP selling shares of stock on an american exchange. You can't refute it, and your weak ego prevents you from admitting it.

So you dodge every question and point I made to make a childish personal attack - a sure sign of failure.

SO why don't you tell us how BP is going to re-incorporate in England when it's ALREADY incorporated there?

Or maybe you can tell us how BP is going to move its' gas station off shore?

I didn't lie you disingenuous little moron. Go back and read post #7.

Still lying I see.

The way BP stock is sold to investors in the U.S. is via ADRs. The underlying asset is BP stock. The ADR itself has no separate and intrinsic value. If the ADR's price moves, it moves the BP stock price. The only mistake I made was in assuming you didn't know what an ADR was and trying to keep it simple by referring to stock.

So you're now admitting that you didn't tell the truth. You admit to "adjusting the facts" to suit your motives.

Like I said, foriegn corps are not allowed to sell their stock on an american exchange. You disagreed with me, but it turns out I'm right. But you still wont say you were wrong.

Nor do dividends on the ADR apply to just the operations in the U.S., which is what you have insinuated in your complete ignorance.

You are lying again. I made no such insinuation.

But I noticed you couldnt answer one of my questions. Let's try again

SO why don't you tell us how BP is going to re-incorporate in England when it's ALREADY incorporated there?

Countries that seize assets from businesses end up with businesses leaving their country. You get that right?

Ok. Got it. We should never seize assets from businesses. Or they will runaway and the entire economy will fail. I'm just as stupid as you now, are you satisfied?

Within 5 years - every other energy company - and the hundreds of thousands of jobs - and the billions of dollars of investment - go out of the country.

ROTFLMAO!

ALL of them, right ??? You are pathetically hilarious. You seriously believe that? You think that because we make BP pay what it owes - all the other energy companies will no longer want to make profit in the U.S?

Seriously, do you live in a group home or something? Did you daddy send you off to Britain to live in a mental ward so the family back home wouldn't have to deal with it?

Not when its ordered by a judge as part of civil proceedings to make sure a company will be able to pay its creditors.

Evidence suggests that I'm a damned sight smarter than you, little whinyboy.

It's a likely outcome of an asset grab, yea. Because other companies will look at the possibility of the same thing happening to them. Now, it's not a absolute definite, but - any economist will agree (and I have asked a few) - that it would be the most likely outcome. You might be prepared to risk the jobs of other Americans, you might be happy to have billions more added to the deficit - and yet another HUGE tax implication - but many Americans will see it as an unnecessary risk.

ROTFLMAO!

Not when its ordered by a judge as part of civil proceedings to make sure a company will be able to pay its creditors.

Evidence suggests that I'm a damned sight smarter than you, little whinyboy.

It's a likely outcome of an asset grab, yea. Because other companies will look at the possibility of the same thing happening to them. Now, it's not a absolute definite, but - any economist will agree (and I have asked a few) - that it would be the most likely outcome. You might be prepared to risk the jobs of other Americans, you might be happy to have billions more added to the deficit - and yet another HUGE tax implication - but many Americans will see it as an unnecessary risk.

Why didn't all the foreign companies flee when the U.S. government took GM and AIG into receivership?

Ooh ooh ooh! I know!

The parasites will stomp their little footsies, get all red in the face, and shout that "Somebody Should Do Something!"

They will have no idea who should do what - just a fog of hatred that it's somebody else's fault and they should pay.

Actually, little brainless one, that is exactly what WhinyboyTuna has been ranting about. Seizing the assets and profits of BP to pay for their mess.

I see you still can't give an example to back up what you claimed. You're a coward.

And I when WT becomes president, I'll worry about his opinions. Until then, why don't you stop hiding behind some anonymous internet poster and back your claim up with an example or withdraw it?

And since I was actually responding to him when you decided to start fucking whining, why don't you stop fucking whining.

You claimed that freezing BP's dividends would cause other corporations to leave the US. Please stop hiding behind another poster, and provide support for your own words.

You can't do that. You can only attack others. You won't stand up for your own ideas, That's the saddest form of cowardice.

I backed up what I said. You, on the other hand, back up jack shit. You're stupidity is, thankfully, not contagious.

Really, you gave an example?

Liar!! Tell us, which country froze a corporations dividends (and name the corp) and which corps then left that country?

All you did to back up your claim was to make another baseless claim. Post some facts. Names, dates, etc

But I know you won't. You got nothing. Not even the backbone to admit you're talking out of your ass

BWAHAHA!!! You got busted for lying about BP selling shares of stock on an american exchange. You can't refute it, and your weak ego prevents you from admitting it.

So you dodge every question and point I made to make a childish personal attack - a sure sign of failure.

I didn't lie you disingenuous little moron. Go back and read post #7.

Still lying I see.

The way BP stock is sold to investors in the U.S. is via ADRs. The underlying asset is BP stock. The ADR itself has no separate and intrinsic value. If the ADR's price moves, it moves the BP stock price. The only mistake I made was in assuming you didn't know what an ADR was and trying to keep it simple by referring to stock.

So you're now admitting that you didn't tell the truth. You admit to "adjusting the facts" to suit your motives.

Like I said, foriegn corps are not allowed to sell their stock on an american exchange. You disagreed with me, but it turns out I'm right. But you still wont say you were wrong.

Nor do dividends on the ADR apply to just the operations in the U.S., which is what you have insinuated in your complete ignorance.

You are lying again. I made no such insinuation.

But I noticed you couldnt answer one of my questions. Let's try again

I nominate sagbutt for The Worst Noob of 2010. He has so many negative attributes:

- Poor reading retention and comprehension
- A kneejerk reaction to call people liars for having different POVs
- Willful misrepresentation of other's posts
- Inability to engage in a rational discussion

I see you still can't give an example to back up what you claimed. You're a coward.

And I when WT becomes president, I'll worry about his opinions. Until then, why don't you stop hiding behind some anonymous internet poster and back your claim up with an example or withdraw it?

You claimed that freezing BP's dividends would cause other corporations to leave the US. Please stop hiding behind another poster, and provide support for your own words.

You can't do that. You can only attack others. You won't stand up for your own ideas, That's the saddest form of cowardice.

Really, you gave an example?

Liar!! Tell us, which country froze a corporations dividends (and name the corp) and which corps then left that country?

All you did to back up your claim was to make another baseless claim. Post some facts. Names, dates, etc

But I know you won't. You got nothing. Not even the backbone to admit you're talking out of your ass

I do my own research. You do yours. I don't spoon feed morons.... to be honest, you would struggle to understand the Plain English Summary, yet alone the fucking research. :lol::lol::lol:

"Liar! Liar! Liar! I disagree with you so your a hatefilled, racist, liar!" Posters like you - who constantly accuses anyone who disagrees with them a 'liar' etc lose any credibility.

You are, in fact, just too fucking stupid to bother with.

BP has a responsibility for paying for the damages they have caused. If the shareholders take a hit, too bad. That's part of the risk.

This is America for God's sake. Since when did we start holding people responsible?

Obama said it was his responsibility now. I vote for holding him accountable. He asked for it.

;)

bulloney!!! no way, shape or form should the usa be financially responsible for this disaster caused by the private sector!

that would be CORPORATE WELFARE!

the shareholders ARE the owners, they select their board, who selects those running the show....the shareholders were very aware of BP practices of taking shortcuts, lobbying congress and regulators etc, all they had to do is read the news....

they ARE NOT innocent, on the whole....ignorance is not an excuse.

OUR gvt taxes SHOULD NOT fund one dime for their negligence in my opinion boe....

and why do you even think such, if this is what you meant by your comment?

care

Considering that BP is a stock held by a lot of mutual funds such as Fidelity and Vanguard ones, it's likely that many people here who have 401Ks are invested in BP.

Considering that BP is a stock held by a lot of mutual funds such as Fidelity and Vanguard ones, it's likely that many people here who have 401Ks are invested in BP.

so what? you want a corporate bail out with our tax funds?

Ooh ooh ooh! I know!

The parasites will stomp their little footsies, get all red in the face, and shout that "Somebody Should Do Something!"

They will have no idea who should do what - just a fog of hatred that it's somebody else's fault and they should pay.

whiney bullshit-----perfectly content to suck up all the advantages that the petroleum has provided for them and bitch because someone makes a living doing it for them. I think it's because they are too frightened by their own fragility.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back