uh oh.... democrats going to stop BP from paying dividends??

Oh....so now it's OK to just let the government take over companies whenever it suits their fancy...are you actually Hugo Chavez but using a fake I.D. here on USMB?
Is BP too big to fail?:lol:

If you don't get the reasons that BP in particular needs to be treated differently then I guess you're just plain stupid and there's nothing more I can do for you.

I don't get the reasons that you're falling for the Government's spin of this situation. Show me just one actual quote from anyone at BP saying they are NOT going to pay.

What about me, and what about BP, would make you think I trust BP? You trust them? I thought you said you didn't trust corporations. I guess that makes you a liar.

Just one quote. Not speculation, not media assumptions, but an actual quote from BP saying that they are refusing to pay for anything. Surely to God, you have some evidence that BP are trying to wiggle out of their responsibility? Because, if there is no evidence of such behavior, why the fuck are you hell bent on destroying the company?
Surely to God, you are smart enough to realize that once money is paid out to BP shareholders as a dividend, it can't be used to pay damages? Are you seriously this dumb? BP doesn't need to say "BTW, money we pay to shareholders is gone from us, can't be collected by our credits" - that's a well known fact to anyone but dumb bitches like yoursel.

Last edited:
Typical wingnut denial. Run away and turn your head to shout "I'm not running away"

You're the one who claimed BP is in financial trouble, so it was YOU who indicated that BP can't pay. And the other side of your mouth claimed that BP could and would pay.

You're a moron. Every day the courthouse is open (and that's every day) a business is having their assets frozen. It's been done thousands of times, and not once has a company left the US because of it.

Like I said, you've got nothing but lies and hateful spew.

Now try and focus on the topic, which is about stopping BP from paying dividends. Maybe, if you could ever kickstart that lump of fat you call a brain, you might give us a factual example of a company that left the country because another company wasn't allowed to pay out dividends.

Stop running away like some spoiled little wussy and address the issue with some facts, instead of your lies. Give us one real-world example of a company that left the country because another company wasn't allowed to pay out dividends.

All I ask for is just one, and I know you will fail because you are full of lies and hate. There's nothing else there.

on edit: And just to prove what a complete moron you are, I never said that you said you want to gaurantee dividends. You're just a self-centered moron who thinks the world revolves around her fat ass.

I think you must be getting me confused with another poster. I have not once made any of the claims that you keep referring to! Not once!

You're either completely stupid, totally delusional, or just wrong.

And now I see you fall back to the usual leftie rants of 'hate' and 'lies'. Where have I lied? Show me where the 'hate' is in my posts?

Give me fucking evidence of any of your ridiculously laughable claims, you fucking idiot. You make the accusation - back it up or withdraw it.

In post #65 You claimed that not letting BP distribute dividends would cause other companies to flee to other nations. You made the claim - back it up or withdraw

You can run away from the issue, but I will keep asking you to provide one single example of this happening in the real world (and not in your delusional fantasy land)

Ahhhh, I see what you're saying now. Clearly you lack the skills required for basic economics... but that's fixable if you study hard.

I claimed - and I think I'm right - that for a Government to forceably stop a company from paying a legitimate dividend to its shareholders would have a detrimental effect on foreign owned - and possibly a significant number of US - companies. Governments who force privately owned businesses to do something are generally found in countries such as Zimbabwe, Cuba, Venezuela, etc..... Is that the kind of government we have? One that snatches property, profits, etc from businesses any time it sees fit?

YouTube - Maxine Waters threatens to nationalize U.S. oil industries

It’s time for the federal government to put BP under temporary receivership, which gives the government authority to take over BP’s operations in the Gulf of Mexico until the gusher is stopped. This is the only way the public know what’s going on, be confident enough resources are being put to stopping the gusher, ensure BP’s strategy is correct, know the government has enough clout to force BP to use a different one if necessary, and be sure the President is ultimately in charge.

Robert Reich

Reich is a far left wing loon...you cannot take receivership of a company that's foreign owned...you can freeze their bank accounts and nationalize their U.S. based assets but you cannot take over a foreign owned company...Reich is a dope.

Guess where BP America is located?

I think you must be getting me confused with another poster. I have not once made any of the claims that you keep referring to! Not once!

You're either completely stupid, totally delusional, or just wrong.

And now I see you fall back to the usual leftie rants of 'hate' and 'lies'. Where have I lied? Show me where the 'hate' is in my posts?

Give me fucking evidence of any of your ridiculously laughable claims, you fucking idiot. You make the accusation - back it up or withdraw it.

In post #65 You claimed that not letting BP distribute dividends would cause other companies to flee to other nations. You made the claim - back it up or withdraw

You can run away from the issue, but I will keep asking you to provide one single example of this happening in the real world (and not in your delusional fantasy land)

Ahhhh, I see what you're saying now. Clearly you lack the skills required for basic economics... but that's fixable if you study hard.

I claimed - and I think I'm right - that for a Government to forceably stop a company from paying a legitimate dividend to its shareholders would have a detrimental effect on foreign owned - and possibly a significant number of US - companies. Governments who force privately owned businesses to do something are generally found in countries such as Zimbabwe, Cuba, Venezuela, etc.....
YEAH, WE WOULDN'T WANT TO HAVE ONE OF THOSE GOVERNMENTS. clearly WHEN A MEGA-CORPORATION STARTS FLOODING OUR COAST WITH CRUDE OIL THE LAST THING WE'D WANT IS A GOVERNMENT THAT COULD ACTUALLY COMPEL THEM TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

MY GOSH YOU HAVE TO BE THE DUMBEST BLOND IN THE UNIVERSE.

YouTube - Maxine Waters threatens to nationalize U.S. oil industries

It’s time for the federal government to put BP under temporary receivership, which gives the government authority to take over BP’s operations in the Gulf of Mexico until the gusher is stopped. This is the only way the public know what’s going on, be confident enough resources are being put to stopping the gusher, ensure BP’s strategy is correct, know the government has enough clout to force BP to use a different one if necessary, and be sure the President is ultimately in charge.

Robert Reich

Reich is a far left wing loon...you cannot take receivership of a company that's foreign owned...you can freeze their bank accounts and nationalize their U.S. based assets but you cannot take over a foreign owned company...Reich is a dope.

Guess what the consequences of that would be? Not just for BP, but for other companies?

I claimed - and I think I'm right - that for a Government to forceably stop a company from paying a legitimate dividend to its shareholders would have a detrimental effect on foreign owned - and possibly a significant number of US - companies.

Yes, that is what you said, and I see you still can't provide an example to back you up. How's that saying go? "Back it up or withdraw", right?

Will you follow your own advice? I doubt it

Governments who force privately owned businesses to do something are generally found in countries such as Zimbabwe, Cuba, Venezuela, etc..... Is that the kind of government we have? One that snatches property, profits, etc from businesses any time it sees fit?

IOW, I said you wouldn't be able to post even just one example, and I was right. You can't post just one example because it's never happened. You just pulled this idea out of your ass.

You've got nothing. The only question remaining is if you will "withdraw", since it's obvious you can't support your own argument with one simple example. I doubt you have the backbone to admit your entire argument has been wrong. You'll probably stop posting in this thread

Guess what the consequences of that would be? Not just for BP

Outside of BP's ability to pay its damages and stop the leak I could give a shit.

, but for other companies?
Since we won't be seizing the dividends of other companies, it won't affect other companies.

I claimed - and I think I'm right - that for a Government to forceably stop a company from paying a legitimate dividend to its shareholders would have a detrimental effect on foreign owned - and possibly a significant number of US - companies. Governments who force privately owned businesses to do something are generally found in countries such as Zimbabwe, Cuba, Venezuela, etc.....
YEAH, WE WOULDN'T WANT TO HAVE ONE OF THOSE GOVERNMENTS. clearly WHEN A MEGA-CORPORATION STARTS FLOODING OUR COAST WITH CRUDE OIL THE LAST THING WE'D WANT IS A GOVERNMENT THAT COULD ACTUALLY COMPEL THEM TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

I see you are still too hysterical and irrational to understand basic things like 'action and reaction'.

Carry on screaming.... Silly boy.

I see you are still too hysterical and irrational to understand basic things like 'action and reaction'.

And I see you're too hysterical to provide one example to back your argument up.

Someone who was trying to appear honest once said "Back it up, or withdraw it". I wonder if that person is still trying to appear honest, or maybe she realizes that's a lost cause after being exposed so thoroughly.

I doubt it. A very wise man made a prediction about this, and it seems to be coming true
I doubt you have the backbone to admit your entire argument has been wrong. You'll probably stop posting in this thread

Carry on screaming, dear.

Last edited:
Coporanazi apologists like CaliGirl want us to believe anything negative done to a corporation - even if its done to a single corporations for very specific and justified reasons - will cause the entire economy to fail.

And I see you're too hysterical to provide one example to back your argument up.

Someone who was trying to appear honest once said "Back it up, or withdraw it". I wonder if that person is still trying to appear honest, or maybe she realizes that's a lost cause after being exposed so thoroughly.

I doubt it. A very wise man made a prediction about this, and it seems to be coming true
I doubt you have the backbone to admit your entire argument has been wrong. You'll probably stop posting in this thread

I've already given examples of what happens to countries who start grabbing assets and profits from indigenous or foreign owned businesses.

I fail to see how you equate logic with 'screaming'.... WhinyboyTuna is the SCREAMER Unless, of course, you can show me one example of me using big capital letters and bold text to "make a point".

You are a fool. A silly, partisan fool who thinks that anyone who doesn't want to hang every BP exec is as evil as you think BP are. :lol::lol::lol::lol: Twit.

Coporanazi apologists like CaliGirl want us to believe anything negative done to a corporation - even if its done to a single corporations for very specific and justified reasons - will cause the entire economy to fail.

All bar the very stupid know the difference between using logic (me) and hysterical whining (you).

For those of normal intellect (not you) we prefer to work with facts not fantasy. We consider options and the consequences of those options before we decide what action to take. You, as an hysterical whiner, prefer the 'rant like a fucking fool' on a message board.

It's your community. If you're so desperately concerned about it, why are you on this board and not out there helping to clear up?

I've already given examples of what happens to countries who start grabbing assets and profits from indigenous or foreign owned businesses.

You gave examples of countries seizing assets permanently without any reason other than wanting the government to have it.

If we seized BP's dividends, it would be because of the potential BP may owe more than its worth, and if it wound up the dividends weren't needed to pay damages, they would be returned to their owners with interest.

So there's a huge difference. But you can't see it because you've got BP's cock rammed to far up your throat.

Ask Governor Jindal why he is asking for Federal Aid at all. Wasn't he against expansion of the Federal Government?

An active hurricane season. Do you think that those sand berms will do the least good?

Word.

Why wasn't Jindal demanding funding for the project from the oil industry???

Why wasn't he demanding workers from the oil industry get the fuck down to Louisiana immediately and start building his Berms???

His attitude about Federal "interference" in corporate issues sure did turn around fast when the corporations started to fuck with his backyard, didn't it??

So, why didn't he ask them to do it? It's their fucking fault, after all.

He has asked for BP to pay. He's been trying to get the Feds and BP to fund and help with the coastal protection efforts. The EPA finally provided permits a few days ago. But there are still no financial resources.

We believe in one Gubbamint
the Obama Gubbamint, the Almighty,
the Powerful, the Righteous,
maker of heaven and earth,
of ObamaCare
of our prosperity,
of our very life and death.

We believe in one Lord, Barack Hussein Obama,
the only Son of Gubbamint,
through him all things were made.
For us and for our salvation.

Praise be his Holy Name

ANd again, you demonstrate your inability to predict the past. I spent 20 years on Wall Street

Did you get a pension for all those years in the mail room?

BWAHAHA!!! You got busted for lying about BP selling shares of stock on an american exchange. You can't refute it, and your weak ego prevents you from admitting it.

So you dodge every question and point I made to make a childish personal attack - a sure sign of failure.

SO why don't you tell us how BP is going to re-incorporate in England when it's ALREADY incorporated there?

Or maybe you can tell us how BP is going to move its' gas station off shore?

I didn't lie you disingenuous little moron. Go back and read post #7.

The way BP stock is sold to investors in the U.S. is via ADRs. The underlying asset is BP stock. The ADR itself has no separate and intrinsic value. If the ADR's price moves, it moves the BP stock price. The only mistake I made was in assuming you didn't know what an ADR was and trying to keep it simple by referring to stock.

Nor do dividends on the ADR apply to just the operations in the U.S., which is what you have insinuated in your complete ignorance.

Exactly what did Obama not do that he should have?

Obama had the Coast Guard at the site of the explosion within three hours of the explosion. Three hours after Katrina hit NO, bush was playing his guitar.

Ask Governor Jindal about the Federal response.

Ask Governor Jindal why he is asking for Federal Aid at all. Wasn't he against expansion of the Federal Government?

An active hurricane season. Do you think that those sand berms will do the least good?

You solution is to shut down Western Civilization, and we'd still have hurricanes

You gave examples of countries seizing assets permanently without any reason other than wanting the government to have it.

If we seized BP's dividends, it would be because of the potential BP may owe more than its worth, and if it wound up the dividends weren't needed to pay damages, they would be returned to their owners with interest.

So there's a huge difference. But you can't see it because you've got BP's cock rammed to far up your throat.

Could you please go fuck yourself? Thanks.

Countries that seize assets from businesses end up with businesses leaving their country. You get that right? THAT is the likely outcome of your stupid fucking deluded idea. You snatch the profits and assets from BP and fix the problem.

Within 5 years - every other energy company - and the hundreds of thousands of jobs - and the billions of dollars of investment - go out of the country. And other companies - those with no connection to the oil business - also consider their investments and look around for other countries - with less corrupt practices (because illegally seizing profits and assets is illegal).... and they go elsewhere.... along with hundreds of billions of dollars and hundreds of thousands of jobs..... All go elsewhere.... for what? The long term consequences of that action would be nothing short of catastrophic for the US economy. You may love your state but most Americans love their country - all of it.

ANd again, you demonstrate your inability to predict the past. I spent 20 years on Wall Street

Did you get a pension for all those years in the mail room?

20 years in the mail room?

that floor must have been really dirty.

33.jpg

Forum List

Back