Ugh so sad!

Michelle420

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2013
The Bee Hive State
22722542_1501677224.2724.jpg

Trent was found on the streets of Trenton, NJ (hence his name). Rescued 7/31 by Trenton Animal Control, fostered from CARES animal hospital 8/1 by yours truly. I'm unsure if our living together is temporary or permanent at this point. When he's feeling better, his lifestyle may not fit mine, and my small apartment may not be big enough for his energy level if it keeps increasing... but right now I pledge to do everything in my power get him better. My decision to keep him or send him to another home will be based solely on his overall well-being and what is truly best for HIM, not for me. I love him dearly already, but all that matters is that his last years on this earth are a billion times better than his last 8-10.

The challenges so far are as follows:

1) severely emaciated (weighs 60lbs, but should be between 80-90)
2) massive parasite infestation: fleas, worms, etc. (currently being treated; needs to be dewormed again 2 weeks from 8/1)
3) severely allergic to fleas and has bad skin irritation and loss of hair from the infestations (currently being treated with Apoquel)
4) has a rock and screw in his stomach that will need to be removed if not passed in the next few days
5) has a UTI (currently being treated with antibiotics)
6) needs to be neutered
7) has an enlarged prostate (may be due to not being neutered, so hopefully that fixes it)
8) has several small tumors (so far seem to be benign) all over his chest
9) needs ALL vaccinations (rabies, distemper, bordatella)
10) needs flea/tick/heartworm medications (may have a donation for this 8/2)
11) possibly hard of hearing, as far as I can tell (will get him checked out for a possible inner ear problem when we see the vet in a few days)
12) Nasty ear infection (now being treated)
13) needs 2 teeth and a lump on his gums removed (will hopefully be completed during neuter)
14) Possible hip issues (will know more when he has more muscle mass & strength back)

Click here to support Give Trent Another Chance organized by Alicia Pomeroy

Trent was found on the streets of Trenton, NJ (hence his name). Rescued 7/31 by Trenton Animal Control, fostered from CARES animal hospital 8/1 by yours truly. I'm unsure if our living together is temporary or permanent at this point. When he's feeling better, his lifestyle may not fit mine, and my small apartment may not be big enough for his energy level if it keeps increasing... but right now I pledge to do everything in my power get him better. My decision to keep him or send him to another home will be based solely on his overall well-being and what is truly best for HIM, not for me. I love him dearly already, but all that matters is that his last years on this earth are a billion times better than his last 8-10.

2) massive parasite infestation: fleas, worms, etc. (currently being treated; needs to be dewormed again 2 weeks from 8/1)
3) severely allergic to fleas and has bad skin irritation and loss of hair from the infestations (currently being treated with Apoquel)
4) has a rock and screw in his stomach that will need to be removed if not passed in the next few days
6) needs to be neutered
7) has an enlarged prostate (may be due to not being neutered, so hopefully that fixes it)
11) possibly hard of hearing, as far as I can tell (will get him checked out for a possible inner ear problem when we see the vet in a few days)
13) needs 2 teeth and a lump on his gums removed (will hopefully be completed during neuter)
14) Possible hip issues (will know more when he has more muscle mass & strength back)

Give him a kiss on the head for me. He's a cutie and he's a fighter, so he will probably get through all those vet visits just fine. Poor guy having to go through all that.
Is he your first foster?

6) needs to be neutered

Give him a kiss on the head for me. He's a cutie and he's a fighter, so he will probably get through all those vet visits just fine. Poor guy having to go through all that.
Is he your first foster?

It's an article about what happened to him. He will probably need a foster after he gets intense medical care.

6) needs to be neutered

God bless you!

But the title should be, "So Lucky"

I'm sure he's VERY happy right now.

I hope he has a permanent home with you.

Whatever you've done for the least of my little ones....

6) needs to be neutered

God bless you!

It's Alicia Pomeroy who adopted him. Just sad that people abandon animals or let them starve. There was another one a year ago I followed named Rue, and she got adopted and now looks so healthy and good and is happy with a new family that includes 2 other dog pals. :)

Trent was found on the streets of Trenton, NJ (hence his name). Rescued 7/31 by Trenton Animal Control, fostered from
CARES animal hospital 8/1 by yours truly. I'm unsure if our living together is temporary or permanent at this point. When he's feeling better, his lifestyle may not fit mine, and my small apartment may not be big enough for his energy level if it keeps increasing... but right now I pledge to do everything in my power get him better. My decision to keep him or send him to another home will be based solely on his overall well-being and what is truly best for HIM, not for me. I love him dearly already, but all that matters is that his last years on this earth are a billion times better than his last 8-10.

6) needs to be neutered

God bless you!

It's Alicia Pomeroy who adopted him. Just sad that people abandon animals or let them starve. There was another one a year ago I followed named Rue, and she got adopted and now looks so healthy and good and is happy with a new family that includes 2 other dog pals. :)

Dogs get abandoned all the time. My little Zip was picked up a rack of bones.

Of course you can't find a bone on the little guy now. LOL

All my dogs are pound puppies and I've fostered as well.

Forum List

Back