UFOs: I want to go on record right now.

Either they can bend space and the lifespan doesn't matter, or they can't.

1000s of years? Try millions or billions. It would have to be, if they can't travel faster than light.
Depends how close to c they could get. Minus bending or tearing spacetime, all it would take is energy.
And still, you have the problem of observing the destination before launch. If these are random drones, the odds of encountering them pretty much remain at zero.
We already would be able to get a drone to our nearest neighbor, if navigation is your issue. How difficult would it be to navigate to the nearest 100 stars if we could literally wait thousands of years in a single lifetime to get a response?

Depends how close to c they could get. Minus bending or tearing spacetime, all it would take is energy.
Not really. Still millions or billions of years. Unless they are very close, relatively.

We already would be able to get a drone to our nearest neighbor, if navigation is your issue.
You are missing the point. Are they sending a drone to every system? Why ours? They wouldn't be able to observe us with enough resolution to know we are here. The laws of physics don't change for them.

Not really. Still millions or billions of years. Unless they are very close, relatively.
There are multiple star systems "relatively close" to us for a long-lived race, and we're not really that special.
You are missing the point. Are they sending a drone to every system? Why ours? They wouldn't be able to observe us with enough resolution to know we are here. The laws of physics don't change for them.
Have you been following astronomy at all? We can already detect the gasses in the atmospheres of exoplanets with our decades old technology, which allows us to pinpoint systems of interest. Do you really think we won't have vastly superior detection capabilities after say, a thousand more years and a race millions of years older than ourselves wouldn't have even more advanced? Come on, you're severely limiting yourself.

What makes a system interesting to explore? A stable star, rocky planets in the hospitable zone with carbon dioxide, water and oxygen in the atmosphere, all things we can detect now.

Actually, our science already is able to get the basics on nearby star system planets to determine if they orbit in the "Goldilocks zone" and have sufficient percentage of water vapor, oxygen, and carbon dioxide to support carbon based life as we know it here on Earth. Also, to detect other trace elements/compounds that would suggest possible industrial based activities. Of course the time lag of speed of light means we are seeing a relative past, based upon the light year distance, but even that could be useful information.

Even if one sends a vehicle that only reaches escape velocity from Sol/Solar System and then 'coasts' to some of the nearest stars, say within 4.5 light years (Alpha Centauri) or within a twenty light year radius (about 70 such stars), we are likely looking at decades to centuries depending upon final velocity(speed).

Here's a chart lifted from a book by Robert A. Heinlein; "Expanded Universe" (pages 447 -450)where in one of the chapters/articles he discusses travel times within our solar system to a couple of planets. The assumptions here are that the vehicles employ constant boast (steady impulse) acceleration which means increasing velocity/speed. This applies about halfway to destination at which point the vehicle flips 180 degrees and the thrust is now used to brake/slow down the approach. The times shown are round trip, there and back. We'll cover the details of the type/construction for such vehicles/vessels in another post. Also I may provide the math used in another post. Note the article these came from was written about 1979 ~ @ 45 years ago, in response to an earlier one from 1950.

ROUND TRIP BOOST COMPARISON OF ELAPSED TIME

Earth - Mars - Earth Velocity Earth - Pluto - Earth

4.59 days @ 1 gee 4.59 weeks
14.5 days @ 1/10 gee 14.5 weeks
45.9 days @ 1/100 gee 45.9 weeks
145 days @ 1/1000 gee 145 weeks

While Pluto isn't quite a light year out from the Sun, one could extrapolate these numbers to a 4.5 light year destination and see that even at 1/1000 gee acceleration=constant boost(impulse) it won't take "millions of years", let alone "billions".

In connection to the above post, this from another thread, pasted here. Given the likely long time spans with current technology and science meaning trips to near by stars could take decades to centuries, than the following construct of vehicles/vessels may apply.

Generation spaceships/starships will likely evolve out of large colony habitats orbiting Earth. Such have been contemplated as more economical way to support large scale construction projects such as a ring of orbital solar power satellites in geosynchronous orbit. Working along with colonies on the Moon where most of the mining and manufacture might be.

If used for interstellar travel, such as the nearly five LY trip to Alpha Centari (closes star -trinary system), large asteroids might be the nucleus for such. sections hollowed out inside for habitat, etc, and the mass of the asteroid used for propellant.

Space habitat - Wikipedia

O'Neill cylinder - Wikipedia

iu

iu

Images for orbital colonies and habitats in space

Last edited:
Physics AS WE UNDERSTAND IT exists throughout the universe. There was a time that scientific minds insisted man would never fly in heavier than air vehicles because reasons. To hubristically insist that we are the end all and be all of the universe and nothing could be so far ahead of us that we couldn't understand even a little about how they get around is sheer arrogance.

Sorry to respond so late. I haven't been on the site for a while.

I didn't insist that we are the end all to be all, I just stated that we have not been visited and that we will never be. It's not hubris, it's simply stating facts and applying reason.

Aaaaannnnd, when did I start this thread? Still zero evidence of alien visitation.

For any entertaining the time travel explanation;
From a related post of over two years ago;
There's this Law of physical science to effect that there is a finite amount of energy and matter in this Universe. A sum total of both and while energy could be changed into matter, or matter into energy, the sum total of both is a constant amount.

So let's say you hope into your time traveling spaceship and want to go back just 10 months into the past. And before you hoped in, you had a hamburger sandwich for lunch.

Ten months ago the wheat that became the bun of your burger was seeds on stalks growing in a field in Nebraska. The meat for the hamburger patty was still flesh of the cow grazing in pasture (or feed lot).

Once back ten months in time ...

Is that wheat still grains on the stalks or in your stomach?
Since matter can't be in two places at the same point in time, that 'wheat' is either 'grain on the stalk' or you have some holes in your stomach ~ GI track.

As for the meat patty, is it still part of the flesh of the still alive cow or in your GI track, or digested already in your blood stream/cells? It can only be one of those two places so does the cow now have some holes in it or do you have holes in you?

We could do a similar mind experiment where the aluminum used in the structure of your 'time&space travel machine', which has now gone back to this time in 1944; was part of the structure of a B-17 bomber and question is; does that B-17 bomber now have holes in it for the aluminum in your device, or does your device have the holes?

If your device has the holes, are they in critical parts that have now made your device inoperative?

"Time travel" might be a fun device for science fiction authors to toy with, but if doing realistic science, then "time travel", the "lever pulling, button pushing" sort, is just plain impossible

I didn't insist that we are the end all to be all, I just stated that we have not been visited and that we will never be. It's not hubris, it's simply stating facts and applying reason.

Aaaaannnnd, when did I start this thread? Still zero evidence of alien visitation.
There's a case for "THEM" to already be here. Have been for ages. Had a major role in jump starting human evolution.
Any interested and wanting more information, this thread;
The Geminga Scenario
Especially posts #176 to @ 183. Most recent and present what might be the remains of the vessel they came in.

For any entertaining the time travel explanation;
From a related post of over two years ago;
There's this Law of physical science to effect that there is a finite amount of energy and matter in this Universe. A sum total of both and while energy could be changed into matter, or matter into energy, the sum total of both is a constant amount.

So let's say you hope into your time traveling spaceship and want to go back just 10 months into the past. And before you hoped in, you had a hamburger sandwich for lunch.

Ten months ago the wheat that became the bun of your burger was seeds on stalks growing in a field in Nebraska. The meat for the hamburger patty was still flesh of the cow grazing in pasture (or feed lot).

Once back ten months in time ...

Is that wheat still grains on the stalks or in your stomach?
Since matter can't be in two places at the same point in time, that 'wheat' is either 'grain on the stalk' or you have some holes in your stomach ~ GI track.

As for the meat patty, is it still part of the flesh of the still alive cow or in your GI track, or digested already in your blood stream/cells? It can only be one of those two places so does the cow now have some holes in it or do you have holes in you?

We could do a similar mind experiment where the aluminum used in the structure of your 'time&space travel machine', which has now gone back to this time in 1944; was part of the structure of a B-17 bomber and question is; does that B-17 bomber now have holes in it for the aluminum in your device, or does your device have the holes?

If your device has the holes, are they in critical parts that have now made your device inoperative?

"Time travel" might be a fun device for science fiction authors to toy with, but if doing realistic science, then "time travel", the "lever pulling, button pushing" sort, is just plain impossible
To say nothing of violating the laws of thermodynamics.

My only knowledge of UFO's is, when one appears, the lonesome person who takes a photo of it always has the crappiest camera on the planet. Why doesn't the spacecraft appear at the Superbowl stadium when the final is on surrounded by high spec TV cameras and thousands of people?

Our future in space, imo, is very very likely to be similar to what is shown in the TV Series "The Expanse" (minus the alien stuff). I can see us colonizing and spreading out throughout our solar syatem, It's also very likely that any other inteligent life forms share a similar future.

"The Expanse" is, IMO the best SciFi ever shown on TV.
That show did a very good job of showing what would be probable the next couple hundred years.
The interesting concept, and many sci fi writers have covered it, was the Belters born in low gravity would be more slender and couldn't set foot on Earth as our gravity would be crippling.
I had to use the close captioning though. Those accents were hard to understand.

My only knowledge of UFO's is, when one appears, the lonesome person who takes a photo of it always has the crappiest camera on the planet. Why doesn't the spacecraft appear at the Superbowl stadium when the final is on surrounded by high spec TV cameras and thousands of people?
The reaction would be, "Wow, great special effects". We're at a stage now where a clearly focused and well-lit photo of a UFO would automatically be dismissed as a fake.

A Talk with the Secretive Inventor Of The Navy‘s ‘UFO Patents’

Many people wonder what exactly is going on Dr. Salvatore Pais’ truly out-of-this-world patents. So The War Zone asked him about them.

Despite the recent sightings, and despite the fact that Congress will gather to discuss UFOs, I will state right now that we are NOT being visited by alien spacecraft or alien beings. Are there UFOs? Have people reported seeing UFOs? Yes.

A UFO, remember, is any flying craft that you cannot identify. So yeah, there are UFOs. They haven't been identified but that does not mean they are from some alien civilization. An airplane flying overhead would be an unidentified flying object to some isolated tribe of humans who have never had contact with the outside world. Eventually we will identify what people report seeing now, unless of course they are lying.

We know that the laws of physics exist throughout the universe. Examinations of the furthest galaxies can be examined and have shown to be following the same laws of physics. thus, we can reasonably assume that, just as here, nothing can exceed the speed of light. If you are going to come at me with "worm holes", know that they guy who came up with the theory, Stephen Hawking, changed his mind on them before his death.

The distances are too great, and the number of possible sentient beings is too small.

It hasn't happened we haven't been visited, and it likely never will.

Lizard people are real!

Note sure if they will blow your mind, but they are interesting and a couple may apply;

These 10 Internet Theories About Space and Extraterrestrials Will Blow Your Mind​

Same lame attempt to prove something by ignoring everything that exists that you know nothing about or refuse to research, yet using the schoolboy ruse of saying that " if one has not attended a press conference , I do not believe " .
Illogical and actually intellectually dishonest .

Same lame attempt to prove something by ignoring everything that exists that you know nothing about or refuse to research, yet using the schoolboy ruse of saying that " if one has not attended a press conference , I do not believe " .
He has been away for a while because his handlers have instructed him to troll at another more serious political site.got to go where the big bucks are right? :auiqs.jpg: Do me a favor,post this to him fir me.he has me on ignore after I checkmated him years ago that the cia killed jfk and was behind 9/11 as well.he got so frustrated and pissed off at me from that ass beating I gave him years ago he has had me on ignore ever sense..:abgg2q.jpg::laughing0301::auiqs.jpg:

So says the paid shill that believes in fairy tales that magic bullets exist.:laughing0301::laughing0301::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Alright then Mr. All Talk No Action, show me the things that exist that I'm supposedly ignoring.

Forum List

Back