UCLA Student "Anti-Asian" Rant & The Ravi/Swagger Cage Match

Yes, I admit, I was generalizing in my fusilade against this girl's detractors. But I was merely commenting on what I percieve to be the current trend - that claiming to be offended at the slightest scrutiny, even if the supposedly offensive remark has no impact on the 'offended' party, is largely false, in my opinion.

I genuinely hope that my reply didn't offend you, Ravi.
Your very existence is an affront to rational people.

You're entitled to your unfounded and misguided opinion, Ravi. But it's just a shame that, time and time again, you fail in your effort to validate any of the false, distractionary comments you post on this message board. Anyway, I think I can hear the herd calling out for you. You'd best run along in case you get seperated from the willfully delusional pack you run with.

Last edited:
Yes, I admit, I was generalizing in my fusilade against this girl's detractors. But I was merely commenting on what I percieve to be the current trend - that claiming to be offended at the slightest scrutiny, even if the supposedly offensive remark has no impact on the 'offended' party, is largely false, in my opinion.

I genuinely hope that my reply didn't offend you, Ravi.

You're entitled to your unfounded and misguided opinion, Ravi. But it's just a shame that, time and time again, you fail in your effort to validate any of the false, distractionary comments you post on this message board. Anyway, I think I can hear the herd calling out for you. You'd best run along in case you get seperated from the willfully delusional pack you run with.
It's always a hoot when you see someone trying to fling an insult and at the bottom of their post it says: lasted edited by...:lol:

btw...you spelled separated incorrectly.

It's always a hoot when you see someone trying to fling an insult and at the bottom of their post it says: lasted edited by...:lol:

You're A Hoot, Ravi.

:lol:
idiot

If a monkey fornicated with an octopus, would Samson post a picture of it? :eusa_think:

You had to ask:

starnosed_mole.jpg

Well played. :thup:

Im curious as to what jokes are said about caucasians that asians tell each other.

It's always a hoot when you see someone trying to fling an insult and at the bottom of their post it says: lasted edited by...

Ravi, you're quite correct. I did spell 'separately' incorrectly. But it's a shame you fail to practice what you preach.

In your botched post intended to highlight my incorrect spelling, you made no less than three schoolgirl errors.

1. There should've been a comma between "insult" and "and".

2. I've told you this before. You're supposed to leave a space between an ellipsis and any word that follows.

3. You failed to surround "last edited by" with quotation marks.

Last, but not least. I've removed the emoticon that represents the initials for laugh out loud. I've done this because you're not allowed to laugh at your own jokes, Ravi. You may think it's OK, but to others it betrays an insecure person, who possibly suffered a neglectful childhood, and now attempts to initiate validation from her peers.

As you were, Ravi. This lecture is now over. But please, for your own sake, bear in mind what I've written.

Ah, no!

Two specific situations call for the use of a comma before "and." The first is created when we have three or more items in a series. This mark of punctuation is called the serial comma. For a full explanation of why we use the serial comma, please read our previous tip on the subject. (See "Serial Comma" on p. 49 in our book of writing tips or find the link to the "Serial Comma" tip in our online tip archive.)
The second situation occurs when "and" is being used to coordinate two independent clauses. An independent clause—also known as a main clause—is a group of words that has a subject and a verb and can stand alone as a sentence. In the following example, the independent clauses are in brackets:

• [Miguel took piano lessons for sixteen years], and [today he is an accomplished performer].
"When to Use a Comma before "And""

My sentence, It's always a hoot when you see someone trying to fling an insult and at the bottom of their post it says: lasted edited by...:lol:, meets neither grammar rule. Not only are there not three or more items in a series, but also at the bottom of their post it says: lasted edited by...:lol: is not an independent clause.

Your criticism my use of the ellipses is also incorrect. I forgot to put a period after the sentence but my spacing is proper.

If you're omitting something that comes after a complete sentence, meaning that your ellipsis has to follow a period, put the period at the end of the sentence just like you normally would, then type a space, and then type or insert your ellipsis. Again, you're treating the ellipsis as if it were a word: the first word of the next sentence. This will result in four dots in a row with spaces between each dot, but this is not a four-dot ellipsis—there's no such thing. It is a period followed by a regular three-dot ellipsis.

Ellipses : Grammar Girl :: Quick and Dirty Tips ™

You are partially correct about the quotation marks. Normally I would have italicized the phrase, which also would have been proper.

But props to you, Swagger, it only took you 12+ hours to come up with all that nonsense!

:lol:: this dude was laughing at you, not my joke.

But props to you, Swagger, it only took you 12+ hours to come up with all that nonsense!

It's not "nonsense", Ravi, it's sound, constructive criticism. With regards to the "12+ hours". Unlike you, I have a bed and a job to go to. Care to explain your near constant presence on this message board? Other than to willfully misconstrue and deflect, that is.

Oh, and "this dude" is under your direct command. Or are you saying you asked him to laugh at your joke? Because the only reason 'he' is gratifying your attempt at humour, is because you directed him to do so.

It's not "nonsense", Ravi, it's sound, constructive criticism. With regards to the "12+ hours". Unlike you, I have a bed and a job to go to. Care to explain your near constant presence on this message board? Other than to willfully misconstrue and deflect, that is.
I thought you knew...I'm a welfare queen.

And yes, it was nonsense that only served to highlight your near total butthurt.

Oh, and "this dude" is under your direct command. Or are you saying you asked him to laugh at your joke? Because the only reason 'he' is gratifying your attempt at humour, is because you directed him to do so.
:rolleyes:

No, I'm saying I commanded him to laugh at you.

Are you sure you are English? You certainly have a poor grasp of the language.

:eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back