U.S. Soldiers Punished For Not Attending Christian Concert

I would extend the same advice to the pantywaist atheist who whines about his treatment at the hands of the soldiers that I gave to the little loser next door who used to torment my kids...

If you don't want to get the shit knocked out of you, don't fuck with the big dogs. While they will certainly get in trouble for their treatment of you, you're still the one who will suffer.

How do you know they are atheists? Maybe they are Jewish.
Your assumptions are consistently WRONG.

Er..okay.

Tard.

This article gives no source. How would anyone expect that conservatives, and Christians would take the "secular" site as a credible source when the liberal other rejects Fox?

The story may be true, however, I see no reason to take any stock in it.

Atheists are typically social rejects who blather incessently about how stupid Christians are. So while I agree with you about the dubious nature of the story and the source, on the other hand I could certainly see soldiers reacting strongly to a loser who insists on insulting others at every opportunity.

HAHAHAHA
You claim atheists are "social rejects who blather incessently" and "a loser" and insult people.
YOU are the one blathering and insulting people.
But you are right about this Allie.
That IS what losers do.

Fact is, not ONCE in 21 years did I see, hear of, nor was I forced to attend ANY religious ANYTHING. That's not how the military operates. The US military is not al Qaeda, Hamas, Fatah, nor Hezbollah.

How would you feel if you were a religious person and denied the opportunity to attend worship? I HAVE seen THAT in the Corps. Regularly.

There is a separtion of church and state in this country.

Really? Where in the law does it say that?

You have it backwards.
NO where in the law is there any mention of any religion and their invisible men in the sky.
The Founders of this great country RAN LIKE HELL from religious influences on government in Europe.
They sure were smart, weren't they?

REALLY? NOWHERE in law is there ANY mention of religion??

The very FIRST part of the FIRST amendment addresses religion.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Yea, those founding fathers, sure RAN from the issue by addressing it FIRST and FOREMOST before ALL OTHER RIGHTS.

Last edited:
Hate to break the news to you Moe:
The Declaration of Independence IS NOT THE LAW.
You do not use much logic.
The Founders kept religion and God out of ALL OF OUR LAWS.
Sorry Charlie, you lose once again.
We are not a nation of men, their religions and beliefs of invisible men in the sky.
We are a nation OF LAWS.

You're right, the DoI isn't "law", but the Constitution and the first amendment certainly are.
The protection of religion is our first law.

The rest of your arguement is a strawman, no one ever said "God" was in "ALL OF OUR LAWS".

Last edited:
TM was equating religion to moral upbringing and/or ethical consciousness. And the subject, since you haven't been paying attention, is about whether or not the military was forcing religion onto our soldiers, hence the title of this thread "U.S. Soldiers Punished For Not Attending Christian Concert ".

Reading comprehension is a good thing and not that hard to master, you should give it a try.

Ok, I see your point.
Now back it up yourself.
Using reading comprehension show me where The Declaration of Independence is THE LAW.
I will wait until hell freezes over for any evidence you can forge.
All mouth and no substance.

I never said it was law. I was specifically arguing against your claim that our forefathers ran away from religious influence. However I did show proof that there are laws concerning religion in this country which blows your argument that there wasn't out of the water.

You dance around the issues like a monkey on fire.
What law makes reference to religion?
There aren't any so get used to it and be happy THERE AREN'T ANY.

We are not a nation of men, their religions and beliefs of invisible men in the sky.
We are a nation OF LAWS.

You're right, the DoI isn't "law", but the Constitution and the first amendment certainly are.

The rest of your arguement is a strawman, no one ever said "God" was in "ALL OF OUR LAWS".

Protection of religion IS seperation of church and state.

Really? Where in the law does it say that?

You have it backwards.
NO where in the law is there any mention of any religion and their invisible men in the sky.
The Founders of this great country RAN LIKE HELL from religious influences on government in Europe.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Yea, those founding fathers, sure RAN from the issue by addressing it FIRST and FOREMOST before ALL OTHER RIGHTS.

What religion did they mention Einstein?
Where did you study the law?
There is NO mention of any religion in the law, anywhere.
Good try but try again.

Ok, I see your point.
Now back it up yourself.
Using reading comprehension show me where The Declaration of Independence is THE LAW.
I will wait until hell freezes over for any evidence you can forge.
All mouth and no substance.

I never said it was law. I was specifically arguing against your claim that our forefathers ran away from religious influence. However I did show proof that there are laws concerning religion in this country which blows your argument that there wasn't out of the water.

You dance around the issues like a monkey on fire.
What law makes reference to religion?
There aren't any so get used to it and be happy THERE AREN'T ANY.

Hey stupid I posted a link earlier, but for the mentally challenged I'll post it again.

Federal Laws Against Religious Discrimination

Oh and Shall I point out the 1st Amendment too?

We are a nation OF LAWS.

Seperation of church and state is a fallacy.

We are a nation OF LAWS.

"Separation of church and state" refers to the fact that our government cannot make any one church (example- the Catholic Church) the official religion or create a state run church.
There is no mingling of the two so such an arguement is a strawman.
Liberals are trying to use the "separation of church and state" to infer a complete separation of all religion, religious influence, and references to God from the government.
An "establishment of religion" is a church, not religion itself.

Talk To Action | U.S. Soldiers Punished For Not Attending Christian Concert

On May 13, 2010, about eighty soldiers, stationed at Fort Eustis while attending a training course, were punished for opting out of attending one of these Christian concerts. The headliner at this concert was a Christian rock band called BarlowGirl, a band that describes itself as taking "an aggressive, almost warrior-like stance when it comes to spreading the gospel and serving God."

Any doubt that this was an evangelical Christian event was cleared up by the Army post's newspaper, the Fort Eustis Wheel, which ran an article after the concert that began:

"Following the Apostle Paul's message to the Ephesians in the Bible, Christian rock music's edgy, all-girl band BarlowGirl brought the armor of God to the warriors and families of Fort Eustis during another installment of the Commanding General's Spiritual Fitness Concert Series May 13 at Jacobs Theater."

"Those of us that chose not to attend (about 80, or a little less that half) were marched back to the company area. At that point the NCO issued us a punishment. We were to be on lock-down in the company (not released from duty), could not go anywhere on post (no PX, no library, etc). We were to go to strictly to the barracks and contact maintenance. If we were caught sitting in our rooms, in our beds, or having/handling electronics (cell phones, laptops, games) and doing anything other than maintenance, we would further have our weekend passes revoked and continue barracks maintenance for the entirety of the weekend. At that point the implied message was clear in my mind 'we gave you a choice to either satisfy us or disappoint us. Since you chose to disappoint us you will now have your freedoms suspended and contact chores while the rest of your buddies are enjoying a concert.'

"At that evening, nine of us chose to pursue an EO complaint. I was surprised to find out that a couple of the most offended soldiers were actually Christian themselves (Catholic). One of them was grown as a child in Cuba and this incident enraged him particularly as it brought memories of oppression."

In the Army.mil article, Maj. Gen. Chambers was quoted as saying, "The idea is not to be a proponent for any one religion. It's to have a mix of different performers with different religious backgrounds." But there has been no "mix of different performers with different religious backgrounds" at these concerts. Every one of them has had evangelical Christian performers, who typically not only perform their music but give their Christian testimony and read from the Bible in between songs.

So, thoughts USMB?

a very similiar thing occurred at the air force academy a few years back

forced prayers

team jesus banners in the athletic locker rooms

students unwilling to participate in the christian madness were punished

----------------

it's rather amusing to see ALL of these conservative posters refusing to believe any of this and demanding
links to a SOURCE that THEY will accept (and what source would that be? well...fox news....which would probably never report this in the first place since they would probably SUPPORT forced/coerced christianity....

support...and deny....

reminds me of all those germans before, during and after WWII who denied the holocaust....

So far, not one of the conservative posters has said "IF this is true then I denounce it!"

merely...."I don't believe it
so it aint true"

I would not be surprised, should fox news corroborate the story, that these same conservatives would then start explaining why it is a GOOD THING! and we liberals shold just shut up.....

Talk To Action | U.S. Soldiers Punished For Not Attending Christian Concert

On May 13, 2010, about eighty soldiers, stationed at Fort Eustis while attending a training course, were punished for opting out of attending one of these Christian concerts. The headliner at this concert was a Christian rock band called BarlowGirl, a band that describes itself as taking "an aggressive, almost warrior-like stance when it comes to spreading the gospel and serving God."

Any doubt that this was an evangelical Christian event was cleared up by the Army post's newspaper, the Fort Eustis Wheel, which ran an article after the concert that began:

"Following the Apostle Paul's message to the Ephesians in the Bible, Christian rock music's edgy, all-girl band BarlowGirl brought the armor of God to the warriors and families of Fort Eustis during another installment of the Commanding General's Spiritual Fitness Concert Series May 13 at Jacobs Theater."

In the Army.mil article, Maj. Gen. Chambers was quoted as saying, "The idea is not to be a proponent for any one religion. It's to have a mix of different performers with different religious backgrounds." But there has been no "mix of different performers with different religious backgrounds" at these concerts. Every one of them has had evangelical Christian performers, who typically not only perform their music but give their Christian testimony and read from the Bible in between songs.

So, thoughts USMB?

a very similiar thing occurred at the air force academy a few years back

forced prayers

team jesus banners in the athletic locker rooms

students unwilling to participate in the christian madness were punished

----------------

it's rather amusing to see ALL of these conservative posters refusing to believe any of this and demanding
links to a SOURCE that THEY will accept (and what source would that be? well...fox news....which would probably never report this in the first place since they would probably SUPPORT forced/coerced christianity....

support...and deny....

reminds me of all those germans before, during and after WWII who denied the holocaust....

So far, not one of the conservative posters has said "IF this is true then I denounce it!"

merely...."I don't believe it
so it aint true"

I would not be surprised, should fox news corroborate the story, that these same conservatives would then start explaining why it is a GOOD THING! and we liberals shold just shut up.....

Idle hearsay.

You have it backwards.

What religion did they mention Einstein?
Where did you study the law?
There is NO mention of any religion in the law, anywhere.
Good try but try again.

Who says they mentioned any particular religion (church)? Not me.

YOU are the one who said they didn't mention "religion", when they clearly did in the first Amendment. Now you're just trying to spin it around to save yourself from looking like a complete idiot. Your running out of strawmen.

We are a nation OF LAWS.

Not the way it's purposefully and dishonestly misinterpreted by some.

Here is a clear example of our founding fathers running away from all religious influences in governent!

I give you the Constitution of Virigina!!

SEC. 16. That religion, or the duty which we owe to our Creator, and the manner of discharging it, can be directed only by reason and conviction, not by force or violence; and therefore all men are equally entitled to the free exercise of religion, according to the dictates of conscience; and that it is the mutual duty of all to practice Christian forbearance, love, and charity towards each other.

More references to God and other "religious stuff":

Constitution of Massachusetts

Art. II. It is the right as well as the duty of all men in society, publicly and at stated seasons, to worship the Supreme Being, the great Creator and Preserver of the universe. And no subject shall be hurt, molested, or restrained, in his person, liberty, or estate, for worshipping God in the manner and season most agreeable to the dictates of his own conscience, or for his religious profession or sentiments, provided he doth not disturb the public peace or obstruct others in their religious worship.

Forum List

Back