U.S. Soldiers Punished For Not Attending Christian Concert

They are making me laugh. I guess I could tell them of the time we had to as a platoon fill 1000 sandbags and stack them 10 high as punishment for having a few members late for formation. Then marching by the next day and watching another platoon tear those same sand bags down for some infraction, now THAT is punishment. But being given work details? That's Army life.

I had a brother and a son in the military. One was in Vietnam and one was in Iraq. I've heard all the stories. And none of them have anything to do with what we are talking about in this thread.

I love the way the terminally stupid think that providing a variety of media sources somehow makes something more true. Since the media pick up stories from other media and just regurgitate the same 'facts' as were contained in the original.... it's pretty fucking stupid to think it makes something more 'true'.

:clap2: Exactly!

I was gonna say I feeeel punished (wa!) for having to explain the obvious to Rinata so thank you for taking care of that! :lol:

CG girl couldn't explain anything to me. I think her mind is warped. But if you like her thinking, good for you. :cuckoo:

:lol: She's exactly right in what she said right there.

I had a brother and a son in the military. One was in Vietnam and one was in Iraq. I've heard all the stories. And none of them have anything to do with what we are talking about in this thread.

Except you haven't talked about anything at all. :cuckoo:

Some soldiers said what they felt and a reporter put it in a headline...And then another and another and another headline...These stories you linked to are all just the same story which has already been hashed out in this tread. Try reading what's already been posted.

Doesn't matter what any of these sources say. Those who have been there know exactly what happened and it wasn't punishment. How many veterans have to explain this?

They are making me laugh. I guess I could tell them of the time we had to as a platoon fill 1000 sandbags and stack them 10 high as punishment for having a few members late for formation. Then marching by the next day and watching another platoon tear those same sand bags down for some infraction, now THAT is punishment. But being given work details? That's Army life.

Probably because they were real men and didn't whine about having a GI party. I never would have thought much about it, certainly not told stories about it, and I've been on both sides of the coin. I've been the trainee and I've been the NCO during these situations. All just part of the job.

I heard that troops undergo torture training but to force them to listen to Christian rock? That's just cruel.

Those who have been there know exactly what happened and it wasn't punishment. How many veterans have to explain this?

Your experience in similar circumstances in no way grants you the omniscience to KNOW EXACTLY what happened. I'd tell you to quit being a stupid fucking retard if I thought you could help it.

His individual experience? No. The accumulative experience of EVERY vet on this board? yes.

Your army experiences don't give you a crystal ball to see exactly what happened. You have no more information about the circumstances than we do.

If it is true it is wrong. Stuff like this does happen (usually without the punishment); government workers were told to attend a 'black history event' the guest speaker was a black preacher. a lot of people didn't go, because he was a preacher, first.

:clap2: Exactly!

I was gonna say I feeeel punished (wa!) for having to explain the obvious to Rinata so thank you for taking care of that! :lol:

CG girl couldn't explain anything to me. I think her mind is warped. But if you like her thinking, good for you. :cuckoo:

Some soldiers said what they felt and a reporter put it in a headline...And then another and another and another headline...These stories you linked to are all just the same story which has already been hashed out in this tread. Try reading what's already been posted.

Valerie, CG is nuts. And I'm not being a smart ass. I also stand by what I said. I read every single thread. What did anything said have to do with these soldiers getting in trouble?? Yes, I know that every thread I mentioned had the same story. Because it was being said that Huffington is not a good source. That's why I gave other examples of where else the story was printed. What is it you want me to say?? What is there left to talk about?? People are still denying the story. Or saying it is not being interpreted correctly.

Our military is getting the Christian religion shoved down their throats. It's wrong. That's my opinion. I may not have been a math whiz in school, but I got straight A's in writing and reading comprehension. I know what I read.

Valerie, CG is nuts. And I'm not being a smart ass. I also stand by what I said. I read every single thread. What did anything said have to do with these soldiers getting in trouble?? Yes, I know that every thread I mentioned had the same story. Because it was being said that Huffington is not a good source. That's why I gave other examples of where else the story was printed. What is it you want me to say?? What is there left to talk about?? People are still denying the story. Or saying it is not being interpreted correctly.

Our military is getting the Christian religion shoved down their throats. It's wrong. That's my opinion. I may not have been a math whiz in school, but I got straight A's in writing and reading comprehension. I know what I read.

And i know what I lived for 22 years, flat out this is nothing but some 18 year old kids who are in training bitching because they couldn't fuck off while others attended a concert. That is the whole story, It could have been a Disney movie for all that matters and some would have said they didn't want to go. Those would have been in the barracks working. Why is it so hard for some of you anti christian fucked up lefties to believe what numerous veterans who have lived this experience tell you?

Or let me put it one other way. Who do you believe, the Sergeant who's career is on the line, or the trainee who is pissed off because he had to work?

Damn it people, use your fucking brains.

Valerie, CG is nuts. And I'm not being a smart ass.

I also stand by what I said. I read every single thread. What did anything said have to do with these soldiers getting in trouble?? Yes, I know that every thread I mentioned had the same story. Because it was being said that Huffington is not a good source. That's why I gave other examples of where else the story was printed. What is it you want me to say?? What is there left to talk about?? People are still denying the story. Or saying it is not being interpreted correctly.

CG may very well be nuts, but she was correct in saying that your links didn't add anything. Not sure what math has to do with that but umm I guess we just don't agree that when a soldier says he "feels punished" that doesn't necessarily mean he actually was "punished". Words mean things.

You talk about taking an article and seeing what you want to see??? :lol:

Punishment, oppression, loss of freedom, indoctrination...Holy hysteria!

It's not that I don't understand your concerns it's just that this story does not merit such concern IMO.

And i know what I lived for 22 years, flat out this is nothing but some 18 year old kids who are in training bitching because they couldn't fuck off while others attended a concert. That is the whole story, It could have been a Disney movie for all that matters and some would have said they didn't want to go. Those would have been in the barracks working. Why is it so hard for some of you anti christian fucked up lefties to believe what numerous veterans who have lived this experience tell you?

Or let me put it one other way. Who do you believe, the Sergeant who's career is on the line, or the trainee who is pissed off because he had to work?

I believe your experiences. I do. But you were not there and yet you are denying the experiences of the soldiers that were. And I am not anti-Christian. I'm Catholic and I sure do believe in God. Although Christians of other faiths have told me all my life that I am not a "real" Christian because I'm Catholic.

I believe your experiences. I do. But you were not there and yet you are denying the experiences of the soldiers that were. And I am not anti-Christian. I'm Catholic and I sure do believe in God. Although Christians of other faiths have told me all my life that I am not a "real" Christian because I'm Catholic.

For the last time, I (A retired Sergeant First Class with 22 years in the Military) have seen this same scenario dozens and dozens of times. It didn't change this time. You've got some young troops who are pissed off because they couldn't fuck off. Too fucking bad for them. Maybe the Army should send them home to their Mamas.

I also stand by what I said. I read every single thread. What did anything said have to do with these soldiers getting in trouble?? Yes, I know that every thread I mentioned had the same story. Because it was being said that Huffington is not a good source. That's why I gave other examples of where else the story was printed. What is it you want me to say?? What is there left to talk about?? People are still denying the story. Or saying it is not being interpreted correctly.

CG may very well be nuts, but she was correct in saying that your links didn't add anything. Not sure what math has to do with that but umm I guess we just don't agree that when a soldier says he "feels punished" that doesn't necessarily mean he actually was "punished". Words mean things.

It's not that I don't understand your concerns it's just that this story does not merit such concern IMO.

OMG. You're nuts too.

Crappy source, let's see some corroborating evidence.

:lol: Man, you must of been so happy that DiamondDave said that so you can follow him on that one.

Well... got anything besides the winger site?

Thought not..

Exactly why there is a "Just Plain Stupid Shit By Stupid People" subforum

t r u t h o u t | Army Anti-Discrimination Officials Pressured Soldiers Not to File Discrimination Complaints

Holy crap! US Soldiers punished for refusing to attend fundie rock concert

James E. Chambers - news

I dont want to believe this, but it looks like it is true. Wow. I never saw anything like this during my 20 years. Wow....just wow.

The ,military can tell you what to do, but not who or what to worship.

This country was founded on freedom of religion...even in the military!

Last edited:

OMG. You're nuts too.

:lol: Anything else?

:lol: Man, you must of been so happy that DiamondDave said that so you can follow him on that one.

Well... got anything besides the winger site?

Thought not..

Exactly why there is a "Just Plain Stupid Shit By Stupid People" subforum

t r u t h o u t | Army Anti-Discrimination Officials Pressured Soldiers Not to File Discrimination Complaints

Holy crap! US Soldiers punished for refusing to attend fundie rock concert

James E. Chambers - news

I dont want to believe this, but it looks like it is true. Wow. I never saw anything like this during my 20 years. Wow....just wow.

The ,military can tell you what to do, but not who or what to worship.

This country was founded on freedom of religion...even in the military!

Yeah, we agree. So link to when the US Army told anyone who to worship.

Forum List

Back