U.S. Soldiers Punished For Not Attending Christian Concert

:lol: Man, you must of been so happy that DiamondDave said that so you can follow him on that one.

Well... got anything besides the winger site?

Thought not..

Exactly why there is a "Just Plain Stupid Shit By Stupid People" subforum

t r u t h o u t | Army Anti-Discrimination Officials Pressured Soldiers Not to File Discrimination Complaints

Holy crap! US Soldiers punished for refusing to attend fundie rock concert

James E. Chambers - news

I dont want to believe this, but it looks like it is true. Wow. I never saw anything like this during my 20 years. Wow....just wow.

The ,military can tell you what to do, but not who or what to worship.

This country was founded on freedom of religion...even in the military!

All winger sources...

The only this that is true is that there is a suit.... why is being interjected WITHIN the WINGER sources is not proven to be any truth... and no matter how many people who have actually experienced what happens on duty in the military tell you otherwise, you CHOOSE not to believe it.. because of your preconceived agenda

And BTW.. even what is being charged is not forcing someone to worship.. but nice try

And i know what I lived for 22 years, flat out this is nothing but some 18 year old kids who are in training bitching because they couldn't fuck off while others attended a concert. That is the whole story, It could have been a Disney movie for all that matters and some would have said they didn't want to go. Those would have been in the barracks working. Why is it so hard for some of you anti christian fucked up lefties to believe what numerous veterans who have lived this experience tell you?

Or let me put it one other way. Who do you believe, the Sergeant who's career is on the line, or the trainee who is pissed off because he had to work?

Damn it people, use your fucking brains.

I believe your experiences. I do. But you were not there and yet you are denying the experiences of the soldiers that were. And I am not anti-Christian. I'm Catholic and I sure do believe in God. Although Christians of other faiths have told me all my life that I am not a "real" Christian because I'm Catholic.

For the last time, I (A retired Sergeant First Class with 22 years in the Military) have seen this same scenario dozens and dozens of times. It didn't change this time. You've got some young troops who are pissed off because they couldn't fuck off. Too fucking bad for them. Maybe the Army should send them home to their Mamas.

I have 20 years myself and have never been ORDERED to got to any kind of christian or any other religious function..EVER. No squadron would do that. NO fucking way. I dont care what you saw, I cant comment on that, but I can speak on what I saw during my 20 years.

Again, never, never have I seen anything like this. I dont know when you were in, what era, or what was going on when you were in , but i was in 84-04 and again..DURING MY TIME IN, IN THE NAVY, I HAVE NEVER, EVER HEARD OF ANYTHING EVEN CLOSE TO THIS CRAP.

I think sometimes it's not necessarily an agenda so much as a disposition, FWIW.

and i know what i lived for 22 years, flat out this is nothing but some 18 year old kids who are in training bitching because they couldn't fuck off while others attended a concert. That is the whole story, it could have been a disney movie for all that matters and some would have said they didn't want to go. Those would have been in the barracks working. Why is it so hard for some of you anti christian fucked up lefties to believe what numerous veterans who have lived this experience tell you?

Or let me put it one other way. who do you believe, the sergeant who's career is on the line, or the trainee who is pissed off because he had to work?

Damn it people, use your fucking brains.

i believe your experiences. I do. But you were not there and yet you are denying the experiences of the soldiers that were. And i am not anti-christian. I'm catholic and i sure do believe in god. Although christians of other faiths have told me all my life that i am not a "real" christian because i'm catholic.

for the last time, i (a retired sergeant first class with 22 years in the military) have seen this same scenario dozens and dozens of times. It didn't change this time. You've got some young troops who are pissed off because they couldn't fuck off. Too fucking bad for them. Maybe the army should send them home to their mamas.

b-i-n-g-o

Well... got anything besides the winger site?

Thought not..

Exactly why there is a "Just Plain Stupid Shit By Stupid People" subforum

t r u t h o u t | Army Anti-Discrimination Officials Pressured Soldiers Not to File Discrimination Complaints

James E. Chambers - news

I dont want to believe this, but it looks like it is true. Wow. I never saw anything like this during my 20 years. Wow....just wow.

All winger sources...

The only this that is true is that there is a suit.... why is being interjected WITHIN the WINGER sources is not proven to be any truth... and no matter how many people who have actually experienced what happens on duty in the military tell you otherwise, you CHOOSE not to believe it.. because of your preconceived agenda

And BTW.. even what is being charged is not forcing someone to worship.. but nice try

I cant find any right wing sites who even covered this. Makes you ask....why is this? Doesn't it? Because they didn't report on it, it didn't happen?

Wow. fox didn't cover it so it didn't happen? lolololololol

James E. Chambers - news

All winger sources...

I cant find any right wing sites who even covered this. Makes you ask....why is this? Doesn't it? Because they didn't report on it, it didn't happen?

Funny, poser, I did not ask for any winger sources from any side... I do not cite winger sources, unlike you and your winger cohorts... If you want to use FOX, CNN. ABC, NPR, AP, or whatever else, that states anything more than a suit was filed, knock yourself out... all the winger sources have interjections of agenda items and activist bullshit

I believe your experiences. I do. But you were not there and yet you are denying the experiences of the soldiers that were. And I am not anti-Christian. I'm Catholic and I sure do believe in God. Although Christians of other faiths have told me all my life that I am not a "real" Christian because I'm Catholic.

For the last time, I (A retired Sergeant First Class with 22 years in the Military) have seen this same scenario dozens and dozens of times. It didn't change this time. You've got some young troops who are pissed off because they couldn't fuck off. Too fucking bad for them. Maybe the Army should send them home to their Mamas.

I have 20 years myself and have never been ORDERED to got to any kind of christian or any other religious function..EVER. No squadron would do that. NO fucking way. I dont care what you saw, I cant comment on that, but I can speak on what I saw during my 20 years.

Again, never, never have I seen anything like this. I dont know when you were in, what era, or what was going on when you were in , but i was in 84-04 and again..DURING MY TIME IN, IN THE NAVY, I HAVE NEVER, EVER HEARD OF ANYTHING EVEN CLOSE TO THIS CRAP.

What crap is that exactly???

A chance to attend a concert with your battle buddies to get away from your routine maintenance duties? :lol:

An OPTION to attend or not attend an event, which in this case happens to be religious, instead of performing your routine duties you already have to do, sooner or later, one way or the other...?

Last edited:
Who in the military has not been through this "CRAP" - Seriously ?

We were to be on lock-down in the company (not released from duty), could not go anywhere on post (no PX, no library, etc). We were to go to strictly to the barracks and contact maintenance. If we were caught sitting in our rooms, in our beds, or having/handling electronics (cell phones, laptops, games) and doing anything other than maintenance, we would further have our weekend passes revoked and continue barracks maintenance for the entirety of the weekend.

It happens all the time. :eusa_shhh:

All winger sources...

Funny, poser, I did not ask for any winger sources from any side... I do not cite winger sources, unlike you and your winger cohorts... If you want to use FOX, CNN. ABC, NPR, AP, or whatever else, that states anything more than a suit was filed, knock yourself out... all the winger sources have interjections of agenda items and activist bullshit

I saw one from huffington post, but knew what you would say, so I stayed away from it...

Anyway, my personal thoughts on this is, this is bullshit and this Gen should be removed from his position. How dare he force his religion on his troops. That is bullshit and I have never personally sen this before, personally.

I saw one from huffington post, but knew what you would say, so I stayed away from it...

Anyway, my personal thoughts on this is, this is bullshit and this Gen should be removed from his position. How dare he force his religion on his troops. That is bullshit and I have never personally sen this before, personally.

Show any documented fact that he "forced his religion" on his troops... And yes, I ready his writeup on the military article, and it said NOTHING of the sort... although you wingers like to add words to his statement to make it look like he did

And smartly staying away from a winger site like huffy puffy, but you then cite other winger sources?? epic fail

You could make an argument for a more diverse offering but nothing in this story suggests that opportunity of expression doesn't already exist in some form or another in the US Army, and since they did have an option in this instance and I'm sure in every instance regarding all things religious, IMO it should not be blown so way out of proportion as if the US Army is oppressing anybody or even that this General forced anything on anybody, just because a few soldiers and a few column writers chose to characterize things in that light.

Last edited:

Then you spent 20 years with your eyes closed. And no one was forced or ordered to attend any religious function.

No one was forced.

Show any documented fact that he "forced his religion" on his troops... And yes, I ready his writeup on the military article, and it said NOTHING of the sort... although you wingers like to add words to his statement to make it look like he did

And smartly staying away from a winger site like huffy puffy, but you then cite other winger sources?? epic fail

sooooo you read in a military aritcle he did what exactly....please provide theonly credible source you will accept....lolol

No one was forced.

Then why did the toops get in trouble? You understand how this works....dont you? Speaking of that, you were all over bikersailor for not being in the shit..what did you do specifically?

If you want to know my history, I will be happy to inform ya...

No one was forced.

Then why did the toops get in trouble? You understand how this works....dont you? Speaking of that, you were all over bikersailor for not being in the shit..what did you do specifically?

Who said anything about being in "trouble" ???

Is this "bah blah" bullshit thread still here? It doesn't happen. Anyone that's been in the military KNOWS it doesn't happen ... to include that goof Zona ... if he could admit the truth.

Again, they have NO problem putting you on duty during your religious services. The opposite of the allegation is the actual truth. They don't make you go, but have NO problem depriving.

I love the fact that most people in this thread haven't served a day, and that no one will admit the left runs the MSN; yet, the MSN is the one perpetrating this lie.

Fact: You cannot be compelled to attend religious services in the US military. Want to blame Christians? Explain the Jewish, Catholic and Islamic holy men your tax dollars pay for. Idiots.

End of story.

Thoughts??.. I want an actual source, not some winger site

Well, i can't speak to the article, though it does seem consistent with this article from army.mil news

apparently major gen. chambers, a born again christian, thinks you're only ethically fit for duty if you have religion shoved down your throat on a regular basis.

and they're spending our money on this because?

Fort Lee Commanding General Reaches Out to Soldiers

Nice leap... too bad you landed short... I usually think better of you, Jill

At Fort Eustis, he promoted a series of concerts, featuring Christian performers, aimed at awakening Soldiers' spiritual awareness.
"The idea is not to be a proponent for any one religion," he said. "It's to have a mix of different performers with different religious backgrounds."

Chambers acknowledges without trepidation that there are some Soldiers who lack the moral upbringing or ethical consciousness to fulfill their promise as Soldiers.

Not REMOTELY what you contended AT ALL

Funny... we have Chaplains, chapels, etc paid for as well.. and rightfully so

Epic fail Jill, epic fail

HE CANT DO THIS! Do you not know anything about the military?

The chaplains, chapels etc you spoke of...no one is ordering them to go there!

Are you people serious here? This Gen is wrong and I for one would have been all over the EO for this crap.

Is this "bah blah" bullshit thread still here? It doesn't happen. Anyone that's been in the military KNOWS it doesn't happen ... to include that goof Zona ... if he could admit the truth.

Again, they have NO problem putting you on duty during your religious services. The opposite of the allegation is the actual truth. They don't make you go, but have NO problem depriving.

I love the fact that most people in this thread haven't served a day, and that no one will admit the left runs the MSN; yet, the MSN is the one perpetrating this lie.

Fact: You cannot be compelled to attend religious services in the US military. Want to blame Christians? Explain the Jewish, Catholic and Islamic holy men your tax dollars pay for. Idiots.

End of story.

What the hell are you talking about..I SAID HE CANT DO THIS. I am not saying he didnt though...i am not the one who said he could, it was a fellow servicememeber in here is is far from a liberal. Wanna guess who it was?

No one was forced.

Who said anything about being in "trouble" ???

They got restricted barracks because they didnt go....that is in "trouble". Their weekend passes were threatened if they didnt comply with said restricted barracks....

Forum List

Back