U.S. Marines To Investigate Video of Soldiers Urinating on Corpses

I think the vets here understand you served, ABS. I have many times expressed the wish that we vets here not quarrel with each other over our service. I hate to see that, maybe because I am one of a generation of vets who learned we had to be there for each other, because for quite a few years, there were damned few other people who gave a damn what happened to any of us.

Yeah, and if you all stuck together our fighting men and women would have at least a semblence of support. This thread has made it perfectly clear the extent to which some of our so called retired soldiers sympathize with the enemies of America. I stand my ground that this is a military matter and civilians just need to suck it up. And that includes those who claim to be retired military.

Unless the army decides to publicize names, this will not result in the demise of any future careers. The video to date has only had about 500k views and that doesn't even come close to equating with everyone having seen it. Like everything else, this will fade away, and there will even be plenty out there who do not see them as dirty rotten curs even if their names are publicized. I would likely hire them. My experience with veterans during my time in academia was largely a positive one. Their work ethic, their respect for authority, their empathy with patients is stellar. There was only one exception and that guy didn't give himself enough time to decompress before he took on a difficult course of study. He behaved about like ABS on here only in person, abusing, threatening, etc. No one held it against him in the long run, but he still left the course of study for something else.

Wow... so now you're attacking retired veterans saying that they sympathize with the enemies of America, the enemies that their brethren are currently fighting.

Not wanting them to urinate on corpses has NOTHING to do with sympathy. It has EVERYTHING to do with understanding the need for a professional military who does not engage in such antics.

How disgusting can you get?

Oh yes... my wanting social programs for the poor, jobs for the unemployed, food and clothing for the homeless and needy in this country around the world, my desire for a free internet, desire for us to be involved in no wars, my fight for equality for women and minorities and so much more. So shady. So unscrupulous. Humanitarians are dastardly fellows yes?

You are a crock. You stand for nothing. You claim to fight for 'equality for women' but you encounter one who has the type of education a man gets, and all you can do is insult it. You are full of more shit than a bubbly fart!

What are you talking about? In my profession I work with women all the time who have college education. bachelor degrees, master degrees, postgraduate degrees... you name it. So what are you talking about? What you say makes no sense. The type of education a 'man' gets? What does that even mean? You know that women participate in the educational system in this country too right, without having to have any special privileges? Education has no bearing at all in my opinion of a man or a woman unless it's simply something for job qualification which is not my job description.. It's their character that counts. And yours is tarnished.

Says cow shit man. :cuckoo:

The Taliban blew up a 1000+ year old Buddhist shrine, they threaten and kill schoolgirls for the crime of JUST trying to get an education. They slaughtered thousands in a soccer field in Kabul for little or no reason. They helped Osama bin Laden and his crew. Remind me again, why I am supposed to be outraged at what these Marines did?

Because the Marines broke the rules under both the UCMJ and the Geneva Conventions, as well as have caused an international incident.

Unless..........of course............you think it's okay for our military to be undisciplined?

I don't, and didn't tolerate it for 20 years in the U.S. Navy.

The Taliban blew up a 1000+ year old Buddhist shrine, they threaten and kill schoolgirls for the crime of JUST trying to get an education. They slaughtered thousands in a soccer field in Kabul for little or no reason. They helped Osama bin Laden and his crew. Remind me again, why I am supposed to be outraged at what these Marines did?

Because the Marines broke the rules under both the UCMJ and the Geneva Conventions, as well as have caused an international incident.

Unless..........of course............you think it's okay for our military to be undisciplined?

They've been convicted?
Where, Murtha?

Don't worry, you may not be a licensed practicing attorney but you have the unscrupulous personality of a great deal of them down pat.

:eusa_eh:

Pot meet kettle...

Comic Sans :fu:

Oh yes... my wanting social programs for the poor, jobs for the unemployed, food and clothing for the homeless and needy in this country around the world, my desire for a free internet, desire for us to be involved in no wars, my fight for equality for women and minorities and so much more. So shady. So unscrupulous. Humanitarians are dastardly fellows yes?

That is the great thing about the USA: you can spend "your money" however you want. Another great thing about the USA: other people cannot "force" you (yet), how to spend "your money".

Hit it dude! Take your money and help all those poor people. You are "free" to do that. I think the Lord talked about the people that were obvious in their "piety" and "generosity" when it came to the spiritual thing (did it as a show.....); He was not impressed. He suggested if you were true to your charity, it would be done, privately, even without the recipient knowing the benefactor. Just sayin'......

They've been convicted?
Where, Murtha?

Never said they were convicted idiot, I said that they broke rules (which, according to the tape they did), which is why there is an investigation RIGHT NOW going on.

And yeah...........they should be investigated and if the evidence supports it, sent to Courts Martial.

You were never in the military.

Ollie was in the military. AND is probably a Freemason as well. He has been respectful to me when I have not been respectful to him.

Tell ya what chick........go ahead.......ask Ollie if I served and if I'm retired. He's seen enough of my posts and verified that I actually served and have retired.

We've talked quite a bit about military things, and he knows that I know my shit, as well as have served. Ask him about the dual ID card thing.

As far as being respectful? Wanna talk about the PM's you've sent? By the way, I still think that you're a brainless bimbo because you didn't bother to read the whole post before calling me a liar.

Try again bitch.

What makes you special? Everyone who negs me gets told they can return to fucking their little dog. Just ask Ollie. And a lot of others. Most just laugh it off, but you, you went bat shit crazy and followed it with a barrage of verbal abuse the likes of which I have never seen. What you have posted here is only a drop in the bucket. I had to disable my private messaging except for contacts to get a break from it. You are a hot head and a loose cannon. Your being loose in the world is concerning for those of us who are sane.

ABS exhibits the classic actions of someone that was abused as a child. He really cannot stop himself. Please go easy on him. It really doesn't benefit anyone to get in a "mud-wrestling match" with him, you both get dirty and he likes it.

So you chose what regulations to follow and which not to follow? Figures.........

So you chose what regulations to follow and which not to follow? Figures.........

These Marines did.

Actually, if someone states that they are gay, but don't display any homosexual behavior around you, all you have is heresay, and to report a good worker on heresay is not my thing. Besides.........many people have claimed to be gay just to get out of the military. Matter of fact, had an ET3 who had just completed the Navy Advanced Electronics Field, and had just signed his extension for 2 years on top of the 2 remaining on his enlistment. When he checked onboard, he stated quite clearly to me and the shop supervisor that he was gay and he was processed out. Saw the same guy about a year later, and he was in a convertible with 2 girls. Asked him what he was doing now, and he said that he was earning 50,000/yr at a local company that did DOD work, and planning to get married to a woman. I asked him about being gay, and he stated he did that just to get out of the military, so no..........reporting someone just on heresay isn't what I'd do.

However.............if they did actually get caught and were screened, I had no problem working up their discharge.

Actually, if someone states that they are gay, but don't display any homosexual behavior around you, all you have is heresay, and to report a good worker on heresay is not my thing. Besides.........many people have claimed to be gay just to get out of the military. Matter of fact, had an ET3 who had just completed the Navy Advanced Electronics Field, and had just signed his extension for 2 years on top of the 2 remaining on his enlistment. When he checked onboard, he stated quite clearly to me and the shop supervisor that he was gay and he was processed out. Saw the same guy about a year later, and he was in a convertible with 2 girls. Asked him what he was doing now, and he said that he was earning 50,000/yr at a local company that did DOD work, and planning to get married to a woman. I asked him about being gay, and he stated he did that just to get out of the military, so no..........reporting someone just on heresay isn't what I'd do.

However.............if they did actually get caught and were screened, I had no problem working up their discharge.

Any excuse is better than none.........

Forum List

Back