U.S. Marines To Investigate Video of Soldiers Urinating on Corpses

Discussion in 'Military' started by Ancient lion, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Ancient lion

Ancient lion Thank your creator

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +130
    The video
    U.S. Marines to Launch Investigation into Soldiers Urinating on Dead Bodies | TMZ.com

2. Crackerjack

Crackerjack Too sick for a cure

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +772
    A stern talking to is definitely in order. :eusa_naughty:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,417
    No big deal.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  4. The Gadfly

The Gadfly Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +611
    New ROE?

5. MikeK

MikeK Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,727
    Expose and condition people to organized insanity and that's what you get.

We don't need to be there. And if we weren't there this kind of thing wouldn't be happening.

6. The Infidel

The Infidel EVIL CONSERVATIVE

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,173
    I say

WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK??

If thats all they did... good for them :eusa_clap:

:piss2:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Sunni Man

Sunni Man Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,444
    PC ROE :cool:

8. SayMyName

SayMyName Live, Love, Laugh.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +158
    I see this two ways. We send people off to kill other people, but we can't urinate on their corpse, which most likely was done by these Marines to "psych out" some nearby enemy supporters watching them.

We can also look at this just as the Marine Corps spokesman stated, that it does not reflect the core values that are held. In other words, discipline, and the perception that we are better than the enemy, must be maintained.

I would give them a good talking to for being dumb by getting filmed, then order them to do better in the future. No extra duty assigned as a consequence.

9. High_Gravity

High_Gravity Belligerent Drunk Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,726
    So?

10. Prevail

Prevail Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I only see one problem with this whole situation...if your going to do something stupid don't record it, and if you do record it, definitely don't let it make its way to youtube.

Young soldiers have trouble separating killing from emotion. To bring themselves to a point where they are able to take the life of another human being, they have to dehumanize the individual. This is done in a variety of ways, starting in basic training, and continuing after they get to their unit. Right or wrong, it helps these young men cope with what they are doing.

Those who have been in combat know that the humor which emerges from it is dark and twisted. This is done out of necessity, because the norms and standards of civilized society don't hold up to the horrors of war. So things like this happen. I hate to break it to the armchair generals out there, but when you send 19 year old kids to a place like this, and train them to kill efficiently and without remorse, you cant expect them to turn around and treat their "targets" as human.

I'm not excusing it by any means, what I'm saying is that the civilian world (and the non-combat arms side of the military for that matter) is simply getting a glimpse into the dark mind of a young Infantryman. I'm not saying that all of us are like that, or that we have all done this. What I am saying is that your standards of civilization and humanity would be a serious impediment to the goal of "locating, closing with, and neutralizing the enemy".

So, speaking as a former young Infantryman myself, the American public should take this as a chance to see the kind of emotional angst that these young men go through. These are your sons, and friends. Instead of condemning the act, consider what they have been through that would bring them to do it. Just imagine the frustration of losing a friend to an IED, and knowing that you possess the ability to unleash the fury of God himself upon the attacker, but he is nowhere to be found. Then, when you finally catch up to the bad guy, the bomb maker who has killed your friends and plagued your nightmares for months, do you really believe you would treat his corpse with all the respect of a saint?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3