U.S. Marines To Investigate Video of Soldiers Urinating on Corpses

The Taliban blew up a 1000+ year old Buddhist shrine, they threaten and kill schoolgirls for the crime of JUST trying to get an education. They slaughtered thousands in a soccer field in Kabul for little or no reason. They helped Osama bin Laden and his crew. Remind me again, why I am supposed to be outraged at what these Marines did?

Because the Marines broke the rules under both the UCMJ and the Geneva Conventions, as well as have caused an international incident.

Unless..........of course............you think it's okay for our military to be undisciplined?

I don't, and didn't tolerate it for 20 years in the U.S. Navy.

No, it isn't OK. But given the circumstances they are under, I don’t think what they did is of as much significance as it is being given here. Were you ever under direct enemy fire? How can you relate to these guys?

The Taliban blew up a 1000+ year old Buddhist shrine, they threaten and kill schoolgirls for the crime of JUST trying to get an education. They slaughtered thousands in a soccer field in Kabul for little or no reason. They helped Osama bin Laden and his crew. Remind me again, why I am supposed to be outraged at what these Marines did?

Because the Marines broke the rules under both the UCMJ and the Geneva Conventions, as well as have caused an international incident.

Unless..........of course............you think it's okay for our military to be undisciplined?

No, it isn't OK. But given the circumstances they are under, I don’t think what they did is of as much significance as it is being given here. Were you ever under direct enemy fire? How can you relate to these guys?

ultimately they will be judged by their own

Hmm. Ok. But meanwhile, back here in the court of popular opinion...I said it before, these guys KILL people, peeing on their enemies mortal remains is rather a trivial offense. Come on now! My father was in WWII, if I saw a grainy B&W video of him and his platoon crapping on some NAZIS after what they did to jews and captured allied troops, I might be inclined to forgive them of their lack of discretion or discipline. This is a piddly waste of time here.

Hmm. Ok. But meanwhile, back here in the court of popular opinion...I said it before, these guys KILL people, peeing on their enemies mortal remains is rather a trivial offense. Come on now! My father was in WWII, if I saw a grainy B&W video of him and his platoon crapping on some NAZIS after what they did to jews and captured allied troops, I might be inclined to forgive them of their lack of discretion or discipline. This is a piddly waste of time here.

then what ? cutting off ears, scalping ? playing with corpses placing them in sexual positions.. where does it end ?

Last edited:

Yeah no shit they kill people. They're in the military in a warzone. So you admit though, that urinating on corpses of enemy combatants is a lack of discipline. That's what it shows the world, and that's what the leadership sees. Though that's not all they see, because they are in a warzone and they see that such actions could vastly negatively impact operations within the theater both with locals and the Taliban themselves.

Desecration of corpses is something that is taboo in almost all cultures, even ours. That's not even where my problem lies though, it's with the utter lack of discipline and character.

Yeah no shit they kill people. They're in the military in a warzone. So you admit though, that urinating on corpses of enemy combatants is a lack of discipline. That's what it shows the world, and that's what the leadership sees. Though that's not all they see, because they are in a warzone and they see that such actions could vastly negatively impact operations within the theater both with locals and the Taliban themselves.

Desecration of corpses is something that is taboo in almost all cultures, even ours. That's not even where my problem lies though, it's with the utter lack of discipline and character.

Truth is you know nothing of the discipline and character of these troops, the day after this video one of them may have earned a silver star or MOH.... Funny thing about real life combat, you simply never know.........

Truth is you know nothing of the discipline and character of these troops, the day after this video one of them may have earned a silver star or MOH.... Funny thing about real life combat, you simply never know.........

history shows a piece of tin is no guarantee of a mans true character

It is disgusting what they did. What I find bothersome most of all though, is that they are urinating on dead people. Does anybody else find that just plain weird? Forget that they might or might not have been Taliban or insurgents. Pissing on dead people? Not exactly normal behaviour.

That aside, there are citizens in Afghanistan and Iraq who think US troops see them as animals. This goes a long way to reinforcing those thoughts...

Yeah......I have been fired at by heavy artillery. Beruit back in '83, '84 and '85 when my ship was there to UNREP all the troops that were there, 'bout a 14 hour evolution. Was on VERTREP bridge phone talker watch when I heard a sound like a big zipper go down. Then, there was the water column about 100 yards off the starboard bow.

We were underway in less than 5 minutes, but until we got anchor up and started moving, it was some of the longest minutes in my life.

Also spent time in a couple other war zones. So what?

It still doesn't excuse what these guys did. If we denigrate down to their level, we are no better than them.

And the military that I knew and still love, would NEVER stoop to their level.

Yeah......I have been fired at by heavy artillery. Beruit back in '83, '84 and '85 when my ship was there to UNREP all the troops that were there, 'bout a 14 hour evolution. Was on VERTREP bridge phone talker watch when I heard a sound like a big zipper go down. Then, there was the water column about 100 yards off the starboard bow.

We were underway in less than 5 minutes, but until we got anchor up and started moving, it was some of the longest minutes in my life.

It still doesn't excuse what these guys did. If we denigrate down to their level, we are no better than them.

What "heavy artillery" fired on you in Beirut in 83?
I was on LKA 117 - sat there for seven months - May - Nov. 83, one mile off coast and all we got shot at were asshole farmers up in the mountains.
Please do tell...

Bullshit, You assholes think this is something so terrible and want to believe that the US Military is so Lilly White and Honorable....

Bull SHit Bull Shit Bull Shit......

You would gag over some of the things our soldiers did in Nam. And probably in Iraq and Afghanistan.....

We are not innocent little choir boys....They couldn't handle the facts of war.............

I was on LKA 117 - sat there for seven months - May - Nov. 83, one mile off coast and all we got shot at were asshole farmers up in the mountains.
Please do tell...

Dunno exactly what the shell was, just know that the entire bridge filled with officers, the QM's were reporting that we'd been fired at by artillery.

Besides.........we were anchored about a half to a mile off shore, I don't think a gun is gonna get that far.

FWIW.........the ship I was deployed on was the USS CONCORD (AFS-5). Interestingly enough, we never anchored out after that, because they changed the rules and we had to make narrow rectangles up and down the coast.

Last edited:

Please do tell...

Dunno exactly what the shell was, just know that the entire bridge filled with officers, the QM's were reporting that we'd been fired at by artillery.

Besides.........we were anchored about a half to a mile off shore, I don't think a gun is gonna get that far.

FWIW.........the ship I was deployed on was the USS CONCORD (AFS-5). Interestingly enough, we never anchored out after that, because they changed the rules and we had to make narrow rectangles up and down the coast.

Artillery from who? I sat there for seven months, at anchor. You did not. We were sniped at nightly - from assholes up in the hills. It was so common and morale was so miserably low - we didn't give a flying fuck. You're going to tell us some "war story" about UNREPPING while being shot at by artillery? Christ son, you're a posing fucking liar. Seriously. Those fuckers never shot anything larger than a handgun at us. Those disfunctional Arab fucks couldn't coodinate a good shit, nevermind a military operation.

Please do tell...

Artillery from who? I sat there for seven months, at anchor. You did not. We were sniped at nightly - from assholes up in the hills. It was so common and morale was so miserably low - we didn't give a flying fuck. You're going to tell us some "war story" about UNREPPING while being shot at by artillery? Christ son, you're a posing fucking liar. Seriously. Those fuckers never shot anything larger than a handgun at us. Those disfunctional Arab fucks couldn't coodinate a good shit, nevermind a military operation.

Like I said.......we used to anchor off the coast, but after that incident we didn't. BTW, did you go back to Beruit after your 7 months there? I did, because that's how I know we (as well as the others) had to steam up and down the coast.

You know you're full of shit.
I know you're full of shit.
Leave it at that.
Try peddling your shit somewhere else.
Been there, done that my friend.
Nite nite.

Please do tell...

Like I've asked before..........did YOU go back on the next cruise? I made 3 of them over there, and we did UNREP there once a month. What ship was your UNREP coming from, the Saturn? Because if it was, you and I were on the opposite sides of the cruise deployment.

Forum List

Back