U.S. Government vs The American People

Will the U.S. government ever imprison or execute American citizens who oppose them?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"Will the U.S. government ever imprison or execute American citizens who oppose them?"

The ignorance and stupidity of this is considerable and comprehensive, along with being delusional and ridiculous.

The OP is clearly ignorant of 5th and 6th Amendment jurisprudence, which comes as no surprise.

i remember when the whole damn country was a free speech zone...and i also remember we can thank bill clinton for the invention of designated free speech zones
The United States is currently a free speech zone, in its entirety, as has been the case since the inception of the Republic.

Indeed, Americans enjoy greater freedom of speech and expression today than during any time in the Nation's history.

Over the decades, in scores of First Amendment free expression cases, the Supreme Court has consistently ruled against government efforts to preempt free speech absent a rational basis and a compelling governmental interest in favor of free expression, regardless how offensive the speech might be.

The notion of "designated free speech zones" is consequently a myth.

I doubt anyone that has posted on USMB has ever been imprisoned for speaking out against the US govt...
What's your point? Is that supposed to mean it's never happened or never will happen to anyone else?

Dumb question and reminds me of the idiotic militia nutters who say the military will never fire on US citizens. As though it has never happened before - it has.

Maybe some here don't know the military sign an oath to "support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic".
You consider anyone who voices a negative opinion of our government to be the enemy?

"Will the U.S. government ever imprison or execute American citizens who oppose them?"

The ignorance and stupidity of this is considerable and comprehensive, along with being delusional and ridiculous.

The OP is clearly ignorant of 5th and 6th Amendment jurisprudence, which comes as no surprise.
Your comment assumes that the government respects our rights under the Constitution and would not or could not violate them. They've already displayed many times they don't. Clearly YOU are the one who is displaying ignorance and stupidity, along with being delusional and ridiculous.

As progressive politics become more entrenched there is no question that there will be executions for disagreeing with their dear leader's dictates. But not carried out quietly, televised with viewing mandatory.

They'll call it "educational".

Dumb question and reminds me of the idiotic militia nutters who say the military will never fire on US citizens. As though it has never happened before - it has.

Maybe some here don't know the military sign an oath to "support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic".
You consider anyone who voices a negative opinion of our government to be the enemy?

@S.J

What?

I replied to the OP.

Then you changed it to be a question of free speech so you could lie about SOME of the replies.

You nutters are always whining about how your rights have been taken away but not one of you can name even one example.

You're a bunch of pansy ass drama queens.

I doubt anyone that has posted on USMB has ever been imprisoned for speaking out against the US govt...
But some have 'disappeared' without a trace!

Ooooohhhhh, scary. Morons.
I have spoken out against the govt. for many years, but have never been detained, arrested or killed over it...

Yabut, you're white.

Now that the OP has changed this to a thread concerning free speech ...

The very same people whining about free speech post here that they want to take basic rights away from Blacks, Jews, women, gays - even children.

I have spoken out against the govt. for many years, but have never been detained, arrested or killed over it...

Yabut, you're white.

The very same people whining about free speech post here that they want to take basic rights away from Blacks, Jews, women, gays - even children.
I'm only 7/8th white....That 1/8th renegade is what gets me in trouble..

@S.J

What?

I replied to the OP.

Then you changed it to be a question of free speech so you could lie about SOME of the replies.

You nutters are always whining about how your rights have been taken away but not one of you can name even one example.

You're a bunch of pansy ass drama queens.
Sounds like you're upset there, bootlicker.

Yabut, you're white.

I'm new here. Do they often change things mid stream?

Forum List

Back