Is reality TV a plot to make us dumber?

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
This is the only generation without a TV show that involves spaceships and space travel. For the Millennials reality TV is the name of the game. Is this a plot to make our generation dumber?

Last edited:
Television itself is designed to make us dumber, doesn't matter if it's "reality", fake wrestling, canned laughter sitcoms, sensationalist scary-monster pseudo-news, or whatever.

And by "dumber" we mean docile indolent drone-sponges suitably hypnotized by the shiny objects of the 525 lines that what's left of their minds is as mush for the advertiser, the master that the propaganda serves.

Television itself is designed to make us dumber, doesn't matter if it's "reality", fake wrestling, canned laughter sitcoms, sensationalist scary-monster pseudo-news, or whatever.

And by "dumber" we mean docile indolent drone-sponges suitably hypnotized by the shiny objects of the 525 lines that what's left of their minds is as mush for the advertiser, the master that the propaganda serves.

Fits right in with leftist politics running our American education system, K thru college, taught by imbeciles that weren't smart enough to complete grade school before the 1960s when our government integrated schools then began the process of the dumbing down era we enjoy the fruits of so much today.

Fits right in with leftist politics running our American education system, K thru college, taught by imbeciles that weren't smart enough to complete grade school before the 1960s when our government integrated schools then began the process of the dumbing down era we enjoy the fruits of so much today.

That post makes about as much sense as television.

Fits right in with the education you received during the "no child left behind" era. And I don't blame you at all for that comment zooming high over your head. That obviously is the kind of book-learning you received. Blame the dimwitocrats for the BIG DUMBDOWN.

This is the only generation without a TV show that involves spaceships and space travel. For the Millennials reality TV is the name of the game. Is this a plot to make our generation dumber?

One comment Jake...

Haven't the monster robots, what do they call them? transformers? sort of taken the place of space travel? Goofiest shit coming out of Hollywood, now days. And zombie movies... geesus, that shit went out after the 1950s.

Fits right in with the education you received during the "no child left behind" era. And I don't blame you at all for that comment zooming high over your head. That obviously is the kind of book-learning you received. Blame the dimwitocrats for the BIG DUMBDOWN.

Got three pieces of nooz for ya.
One, I did all my schooling Waaaaaaaaaaaay before "no child left behind".
And two, this thread isn't about edumacation. It's about media.

And three -- Duh.

And three -- Duh.

That's an easy question and answer...yes today's media is designed by Hollywood (run by fucking democrats) to further dumb down our kids. That's why nobody fails a grade anymore. Congrats on getting your schooling before 'no child left behind'. It obviously didn't work.

I think so Jake , also think that the 'tell all' shows with some silly doctor or Montel Williams or similar host that have been running for the last 30 years or so are designed to getting young [especially] people to abandon the idea of Privacy . History channel used to be informative but for a long time now its been used to form opinions . Just my opinion .

And three -- Duh.

That's an easy question and answer...yes today's media is designed by Hollywood (run by fucking democrats) to further dumb down our kids. That's why nobody fails a grade anymore. Congrats on getting your schooling before 'no child left behind'. It obviously didn't work.

Neither Hollywood nor television is run by "democrats" [sic], fucking ones or otherwise. They are commercial enterprises run by capitalists. Ideology don't pay nobody's bills. Customers pay the bills. And in the case of TV that means advertisers, and that means running any kind of pointless LCD diarrhea it takes to turn your mind to mush so it's ready for that commercial.

Obviously it works better on some of us than on others.

Know what's run by Democrats? The Democratic Party. Which is politics.

This is not politics -- this is media.

Now read that over and over until it sinks in.

And FWIW Television is not run by Hollywood either.

I think that Hollywood and most media , news and even FOX is run by libs or at best moderate repub rinos . As proof , listen to and watch 'sheep' smith or bill oreily on FOX as they lie or make excuses for mrobamas work Pogo .

Is reality TV a plot to make us dumber?

Its the other way around and its stupid to say its all the fault of the left or all the fault of the right.

Its no accident that among the most popular shows are fake wrestling, car races and anything with gobs of violence.

If "reality" shows weren't popular, they wouldn't be on. If documentaries, science, history and actual reality got the viewers, that's what would be on.

And three -- Duh.

This makes even less sense than television.

car racing , sports , dancing with stars are useless but are meant for entertainment Luddley . The news and History channel were supposed to be for news and information , education .

I think that Hollywood and most media , news and even FOX is run by libs or at best moderate repub rinos . As proof , listen to and watch 'sheep' smith or bill oreily on FOX as they lie or make excuses for mrobamas work Pogo .

I guess I'll keep saying this until my keyboard falls apart...
Ideology pays no bills. NOBODY is there to convince you of any particular POV.

Commercial TV is a commercial enterprise. Commercials pay the bills. And to sell those they need your attention.
In order to get that they'll dangle literally anything that works. Fake wrestlers... naked people running around on an island... fake news talking heads ... whatever it takes.

What Fox Noise sells might appear on the surface to be ideology -- the idea of telling ideologues what they want to hear.
But it's not. What Fox sells is emotion, particularly Fear. Because emotion keeps the viewer involved and loyal. And once they can demonstrate they have vulnerable eyeballs deliberately watching and staying there, that's when the ad rates go up.

THAT is what your TV is doing -- finding any way it can to mine your attention. Ideology pays no bills.

Neither Hollywood nor television is run by "democrats" [sic], fucking ones or otherwise. They are commercial enterprises run by capitalists. Ideology don't pay nobody's bills. Customers pay the bills. And in the case of TV that means advertisers, and that means running any kind of pointless LCD diarrhea it takes to turn your mind to mush so it's ready for that commercial.

Obviously it works better on some of us than on others.

Know what's run by Democrats? The Democratic Party. Which is politics.

This is not politics -- this is media.

Now read that over and over until it sinks in.

And FWIW Television is not run by Hollywood either.

Since HOLLYWOOD is KNOWN to be overflowing with liberals...ie; democrats by the ratio of 20:1 you can bet their turning out their trash from the perspective of what they want us to see....politically. Except for a few, such as Clint Eastwood, Hollywood is eaten alive with the cancer known as democrats. You can bet your ass that all the politics in their products is liberally slanted. THIS IS MEDIA.

Forum List

Back