U.S. Debt On Track to Hit $16 Trillion Within Week

I agree. Name one entity besides governments (state, local and federal) that can go infinitely and just keep spending what they don't have. Sooner or later, you have to pay the piper.

Sooner or later?

60+ years.

Average life span of a human being is like 73.

How many "pipers" were going to get around to coming to collect, but have gone ahead and died first, instead? Real question.

Mind boggleing to suggest what you just did as a way of justifying increasing and perpetual debt. It's like the.."if a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it did it make a sound" argument.

Pretty sick and pathetic for him to argue our runaway debt to be fait accompli, ergo we should eat, drink and be merry a few more years until total collapse.

Shame on you, G.T. I hope you don't have grandchildren.

Sooner or later?

60+ years.

How many "pipers" were going to get around to coming to collect, but have gone ahead and died first, instead? Real question.

Mind boggleing to suggest what you just did as a way of justifying increasing and perpetual debt.

It's mind-boggling to me that people don't realize that nobody IN OFFICE is worried about the debt, and the only people on the ticket, are people..........IN OFFICE (Aside from the perpetual candidate Romney).

It also strikes me as odd that people on message boards who can't even spell or type in complete sentences, and spend their daily lives trying to help divide the Country toward their "team," whatever that means, take shots at POTUS' - calling them dumb and shit I mean..........................yea, President of the United States versus what? Illiterate inna'net fiends who hate for a living, on a daily basis? Good points all around gazz.

That's all well and good...now back to the issue of debt...

Sooner or later?

60+ years.

Mind boggleing to suggest what you just did as a way of justifying increasing and perpetual debt. It's like the.."if a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it did it make a sound" argument.

Pretty sick and pathetic for him to argue our runaway debt to be fait accompli, ergo we should eat, drink and be merry a few more years until total collapse.

If I just read between the lines correctly G.T. just said that deficits don't matter because no one will ever come to collect them and he based it on the lffe span of one generation.

I agree. Name one entity besides governments (state, local and federal) that can go infinitely and just keep spending what they don't have. Sooner or later, you have to pay the piper.

Sooner or later?

60+ years.

Mind boggleing to suggest what you just did as a way of justifying increasing and perpetuating debt. It's like the.."if a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it did it make a sound" argument.

If China and all other nations called in our debt...then what?

You can't be serious.

China CONTINUES TO BUY OUR DEBT. That means #1, they trust our interest payments - but to the point of your question, China and other Countries are voluntarily letting us borrow money that they KNOW we're using to have a bigger military than the next 20 Countries behind, do you think they're going to one day decide to walk over here with a baseball bat and try to break our knee-caps?

How simple do you guys even think the debt really is? Do you honestly think in your mind that it works like a normal credit card, or a mortgage? Is that why the confusion? Seriously....

The debt will be used as the tool to continue down the path of a one world economy.

How many "Capitalist" McDonalds' are their, in "Communist" China?

Get the picture?

How is it that the tanking of Greece, etc. already vastly effects our markets, and Wallstreet?

It's all starting to bleed together. I don't think that it's by accident.

Sooner or later?

60+ years.

You're a birther troll with the intellectual capacity and integrity of a punk assed 15 year old. Piss off, piss ant.

You're a birther troll with the intellectual capacity and integrity of a punk assed 15 year old. Piss off, piss ant.

You could have just said........

bullseye.jpg

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

If I just read between the lines correctly G.T. just said that deficits don't matter because no one will ever come to collect them and he based it on the lffe span of one generation.

No, first of all debt and deficit are two seperate things. Second of all, I'm pointing out our reality, and you and sniperfire are the ones making inferences into it and saying that I said things that I didn't say.

I said the debt has not effected an entire generation, and that nobody in office for an entire generation Republican or Democrat have lowered it, so forgive me - when there's 4 career Politicians running for office - for not believing their sudden change of heart, conveniently during an election.

Sorry that I'm not retarded. I do apologize.

Sooner or later?

60+ years.

Mind boggleing to suggest what you just did as a way of justifying increasing and perpetuating debt. It's like the.."if a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it did it make a sound" argument.

You can't be serious.

China CONTINUES TO BUY OUR DEBT. That means #1, they trust our interest payments - but to the point of your question, China and other Countries are voluntarily letting us borrow money that they KNOW we're using to have a bigger military than the next 20 Countries behind, do you think they're going to one day decide to walk over here with a baseball bat and try to break our knee-caps?

How simple do you guys even think the debt really is? Do you honestly think in your mind that it works like a normal credit card, or a mortgage? Is that why the confusion? Seriously....

The debt will be used as the tool to continue down the path of a one world economy.

Get the picture?

How is it that the tanking of Greece, etc. already vastly effects our markets, and Wallstreet?

I can buy into the second half of your reply but the first half is still advocating that debt doesn't matter. That remains to be seen since we as a nation have never increased the debt so dramtically and disproportinately to revenues in such a short time span.

You can't be serious.

Get the picture?

I can buy into the second half of your reply but the first half is still advocating that debt doesn't matter. That remains to be seen since we as a nation have never increased the debt so dramtically and disproportinately to revenues in such a short time span.

That's not true. Just fyi. And, you're still not adjusting for inflation to get the more accurate picture, in your OP.

No, first of all debt and deficit are two seperate things. Second of all, I'm pointing out our reality, and you and sniperfire are the ones making inferences into it and saying that I said things that I didn't say.

I said the debt has not effected an entire generation, and that nobody in office for an entire generation Republican or Democrat have lowered it, so forgive me - when there's 4 career Politicians running for office - for not believing their sudden change of heart, conveniently during an election.

You just made a statemnet about people being nasty and then you end your comment with calling those that can't read your mind or intent...retarded. Bravo!

You can't be serious.

Get the picture?

That's not true. Just fyi. And, you're still not adjusting for inflation to get the more accurate picture, in your OP.

Adjusting or not the amount remains the same. Spinning it doesn't make it go away.

You just made a statemnet about people being nasty and then you end your comment with calling those that can't read your mind or intent...retarded. Bravo!

I just made a statement about people being nasty?

I see you're still saying that I'm saying things, that I'm not saying.

I said sniperfire is a hack. He is, he's a little bitch who giggles at facts and data and rolls out the old canaards that typical message-board partisans do to divide each other. He's a fucking troll.

And I said "sorry I'm not retarded," because to my frustration you guys are arguing with things that I'm not even saying, and acting like you have a point - when all I'm seeming to say is pretty much common sense.

Unless you're ready to tell me the last "debt hawk" Republican that actually put his rhetoric into actual practice? If you can't, then talking about the Debt as a means of saying D's are better than R's or R's are better than D's, is quite frankly head in the sand retarded. Sorry 'bout that.

Adjusting or not the amount remains the same. Spinning it doesn't make it go away.

Not adjusting for inflation, and then making the statement you did in the OP about the Presidents combined since Washington? That is what's called "spinning" things. Having integrity would be to adjust for inflation, and then try to come and say the same statements with a straight face.

It's just spin.

G.T. is struggling.

LOL

I actually respected G.T. until this thread. He's trying to spin it and then accuse the rest here of doing the spinning on top of name calling which he previosuly "negged" and just engaged in yet again.

Don't blame others if one is frustrated by trying to make a case that debt and deficits don't really matter when in reality they do and that we can all can just ignore them if we seasonally adjust it.

Last edited:
The money is suppsedly all FIAT and worthless, but the somehow the debt is still real?

:lol:

The problem with fiat money is that it has nothing behind it to give it a basic value. Once the public looses confidence in the currency, you can have hyperinflation that destroys life savings, businesses and wages.

While the USD has no official peg to any commodity of any kind, it does have an effective peg to the petroleum markets since the Saudis and most oil producing countries sell only for USD and that props the value up some.

But in effect, the Saudis do have us by the short-hairs and they are perhaps more dangerous to our way of life than al Qaeda as they promote Wahabi Islam across the globe.

Wahhabi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Adherents to the Wahhabi movement take their theological viewpoint with an aspiration to assimilate with the beliefs of the early Muslims, being the first three generations otherwise known as the Salaf. This theology was taken from exegsis of the Quran and statements of the early Muslims and later codified by a number of scholars, the most well known being the 13th century Syrian scholar Ibn Taymiyyah, into what is now known as the Athari theological school of thought.

Anyone familiar with what those first three generations of Muslims did would find some concern here.

And still further:
A study conducted by the NGO Freedom House found Wahhabi publications in mosques in the United States. These publications included statements that Muslims should not only "always oppose" infidels "in every way", but "hate them for their religion … for Allah's sake", that democracy "is responsible for all the horrible wars of the 20th century", and that Shia and certain Sunni Muslims were infidels....
A review of the study by Institute for Social Policy and Understanding (ISPU) complained the study cited documents from only a few mosques, arguing most mosques in the U.S. are not under Wahhabi influence.[58] ISPU comments on the study were not entirely negative however, and concluded:
American-Muslim leaders must thoroughly scrutinize this study. Despite its limitations, the study highlights an ugly undercurrent in modern Islamic discourse that American-Muslims must openly confront.

Do you hear any confrontation in the American Muslim community about Wahabism?
These people even acuse other Muslims of being infidels, much less do Jews and Christians have any regard from them. The Saudis support us to get us to look the other way as they spread hate for us among Muslims all over the world.

G.T. is struggling.

LOL

I actually respected G.T. until this thread. He's trying to spin it and then accuse the rest here of doing the spinning on top of name calling which he previosuly "negged" and just engaged in yet again.

Don't blame others if one is frustrated by trying to make a case that debt and deficits don't really matter when in reality they do and that we can all can just ignore them if we seasonally adjust it.

I don't need your respect, your OP calls into question your own integrity, as though a dollar when George Washington was Pres. is of the same value as a dollar now, and like magic, without adjusting for anything, you can compare the Presidents' debt-levels and call it honest? I'll save my calls for respect for people who have a little bit more backbone than just another hack who plays into the partisan stereotypes.

That last paragraph is ripe with things I did not say, also.

Didn't say to ignore it.

Didn't say they don't matter.

Actually said: they're being used as a tool to divide partisans, and you're gladly taking the bait, and anyone on the ticket Has not, and Will not, lower the debt- they're career politicians and the debt has not been lowered in over 60 years. Thus - one rational mind can only conclude, that the "Debt" can not be used as a partisan issue (as you're doing) to make one party look better than the other party. That's not integrity, honesty, and it flies in the face of reality.

Since Obama took office on Jan. 20, 2009, the debt has increased $5,349,641,980,231.06. That is as much as the entire debt accumulated by the United States from the founding of the country in 1776 until Feb. 28, 1997, when President Bill Clinton was in his second term.

Thus, under Obama, the debt has increased more than under all presidents from George Washington through George H.W. Bush combined.

U.S. Debt On Track to Hit $16 Trillion Within Week | CNSNews.com

I was reading DAve Limbuaghs book, The Great Destroyer.
As I recall he ridiculed obamas and the cbo's claim that the debt would stay under $10T(?) and he was outraged b/c other people said it would pass $14T by the end of big 0 term.

Guess no one could believe obama wouldn't care at all.

not
at
all

Forum List

Back