U.S. Debt On Track to Hit $16 Trillion Within Week

beretta304

Rookie
Aug 13, 2012
A Saner Place
Since Obama took office on Jan. 20, 2009, the debt has increased $5,349,641,980,231.06. That is as much as the entire debt accumulated by the United States from the founding of the country in 1776 until Feb. 28, 1997, when President Bill Clinton was in his second term.

Thus, under Obama, the debt has increased more than under all presidents from George Washington through George H.W. Bush combined.

U.S. Debt On Track to Hit $16 Trillion Within Week | CNSNews.com

The money is suppsedly all FIAT and worthless, but the somehow the debt is still real?

:lol:

• Banned
It's not just the debt in and of itself. There will always be debt. The question is on what scale. More importantly what do we have to show for it. I'd say based on the amount, there isn't much.

Adjust all Presidents' debt for inflation, and then recalculate for a more honest perception.

Adjust all Presidents' debt for inflation, and then recalculate for a more honest perception.

Adjusted or unadjusted, it's unsustainable.

According to?

The fact is, the debt has not gone down in over 60 years.

All the Republicans who said that when they get elected they'll be some uber Financially responsible guru, yepp - debt was raised.

People were born.

People died.

Debt never went down.

Let all of those coffins know when they should worry. Until it matters, I'll consider it just a fear-mongering tactic to be used on dupes during elections.

Yep, and guess who we will elect?

People that will ad to the debt.

Business, a good business runs a profit, not record deficits.

This country doesn't run like any business model I've seen.

Yep. Imagine if a business could print it's own money as it needs it.

Or a household, for that matter.

There are people who don't understand how credit cards work. Many of them live in DC.

According to?

All the Republicans who said that when they get elected they'll be some uber Financially responsible guru, yepp - debt was raised.

People were born.

People died.

Debt never went down.

Let all of those coffins know when they should worry. Until it matters, I'll consider it just a fear-mongering tactic to be used on dupes during elections.

So we could spend as much money as we want? In that wouldn't make a difference.:badgrin:

Yep, and guess who we will elect?

People that will ad to the debt.

I agree. Name one entity besides governments (state, local and federal) that can go infinitely and just keep spending what they don't have. Sooner or later, you have to pay the piper. In this case, what do we have to show for it?

Last edited:

According to?

People were born.

People died.

Debt never went down.

So we could spend as much money as we want? In that wouldn't make a difference.:badgrin:

That's not the question.

The question is -

If Romney Ryan win, and Republicans win the House and Senate - will they lower the debt a single penny?

The answer is no. Just look at their Voting records. Every phony fiscal conservative during elections......has, during his terms, Voted for things that INCREASE the debt.

So let's try to stop pretending that the debt is not just being used as a tool to fear-monger with during elections, when both parties seem to want to spend spend $pend, if you look at actual FACTS and data, less the rhetoric.

....aka.....

:eusa_whistle:

I agree. Name one entity besides governments (state, local and federal) that can go infinitely and just keep spending what they don't have. Sooner or later, you have to pay the piper.

Sooner or later?

60+ years.

Average life span of a human being is like 73.

How many "pipers" were going to get around to coming to collect, but have gone ahead and died first, instead? Real question.

I say if they are not doing their jobs ( passing a budget since 2009) then they congress and the president should NOT get a paycheck. Every year they threaten not to pay the troops if they dont raise the debt ceiling while they are fighting for our country while they live the the posh life and play with others peoples money.

I agree. Name one entity besides governments (state, local and federal) that can go infinitely and just keep spending what they don't have. Sooner or later, you have to pay the piper.

Sooner or later?

60+ years.

How many "pipers" were going to get around to coming to collect, but have gone ahead and died first, instead? Real question.

Mind boggleing to suggest what you just did as a way of justifying increasing and perpetuating debt. It's like the.."if a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it did it make a sound" argument.

If China and all other nations called in our debt...then what?

Last edited:

Sooner or later?

60+ years.

Mind boggleing to suggest what you just did as a way of justifying increasing and perpetual debt.

It's mind-boggling to me that people don't realize that nobody IN OFFICE is worried about the debt, and the only people on the ticket, are people..........IN OFFICE (Aside from the perpetual candidate Romney).

It also strikes me as odd that people on message boards who can't even spell or type in complete sentences, and spend their daily lives trying to help divide the Country toward their "team," whatever that means, take shots at POTUS' - calling them dumb and shit I mean..........................yea, President of the United States versus what? Illiterate inna'net fiends who hate for a living, on a daily basis? Good points all around gazz.

Forum List

Back