U.S. Debt On Track to Hit $16 Trillion Within Week

According to?

The fact is, the debt has not gone down in over 60 years.

All the Republicans who said that when they get elected they'll be some uber Financially responsible guru, yepp - debt was raised.

People were born.

People died.

Debt never went down.

Let all of those coffins know when they should worry. Until it matters, I'll consider it just a fear-mongering tactic to be used on dupes during elections.

So we could spend as much money as we want? In that wouldn't make a difference.:badgrin:

That's not the question.

The question is -

If Romney Ryan win, and Republicans win the House and Senate - will they lower the debt a single penny?

The answer is no. Just look at their Voting records. Every phony fiscal conservative during elections......has, during his terms, Voted for things that INCREASE the debt.

So let's try to stop pretending that the debt is not just being used as a tool to fear-monger with during elections, when both parties seem to want to spend spend $pend, if you look at actual FACTS and data, less the rhetoric.

Exactly what voting record of Romney's are you referring to? He was Governor of a state, not a Senator.

If you're looking at the state's deficit, that's an unfair comparison.... and, hopefully, you're intelligent enough to know that.

Since Obama took office on Jan. 20, 2009, the debt has increased $5,349,641,980,231.06. That is as much as the entire debt accumulated by the United States from the founding of the country in 1776 until Feb. 28, 1997, when President Bill Clinton was in his second term.

Thus, under Obama, the debt has increased more than under all presidents from George Washington through George H.W. Bush combined.

U.S. Debt On Track to Hit $16 Trillion Within Week | CNSNews.com

I was reading DAve Limbuaghs book, The Great Destroyer.
As I recall he ridiculed obamas and the cbo's claim that the debt would stay under $10T(?) and he was outraged b/c other people said it would pass $14T by the end of big 0 term.

Guess no one could believe obama wouldn't care at all.

not
at
all

You read propoganda books, and you come and espouse your partisanship on a messageboard daily -

and think that you know more than Barack Obama about the debt situation?

How does that work?

G.T. is struggling.

LOL

I actually respected G.T. until this thread. He's trying to spin it and then accuse the rest here of doing the spinning on top of name calling which he previosuly "negged" and just engaged in yet again.

Don't blame others if one is frustrated by trying to make a case that debt and deficits don't really matter when in reality they do and that we can all can just ignore them if we seasonally adjust it.

I don't need your respect, your OP calls into question your own integrity, as though a dollar when George Washington was Pres. is of the same value as a dollar now, and like magic, without adjusting for anything, you can compare the Presidents' debt-levels and call it honest? I'll save my calls for respect for people who have a little bit more backbone than just another hack who plays into the partisan stereotypes.

That last paragraph is ripe with things I did not say, also.

Didn't say to ignore it.

Didn't say they don't matter.

Actually said: they're being used as a tool to divide partisans, and you're gladly taking the bait, and anyone on the ticket Has not, and Will not, lower the debt- they're career politicians and the debt has not been lowered in over 60 years. Thus - one rational mind can only conclude, that the "Debt" can not be used as a partisan issue (as you're doing) to make one party look better than the other party. That's not integrity, honesty, and it flies in the face of reality.

...only in your world it may not be reality.

Pretty sick and pathetic for him to argue our runaway debt to be fait accompli, ergo we should eat, drink and be merry a few more years until total collapse.

Shame on you, G.T. I hope you don't have grandchildren.

If I just read between the lines correctly G.T. just said that deficits don't matter because no one will ever come to collect them and he based it on the lffe span of one generation.

No, first of all debt and deficit are two seperate things. Second of all, I'm pointing out our reality, and you and sniperfire are the ones making inferences into it and saying that I said things that I didn't say.

I said the debt has not effected an entire generation, and that nobody in office for an entire generation Republican or Democrat have lowered it, so forgive me - when there's 4 career Politicians running for office - for not believing their sudden change of heart, conveniently during an election.

Sorry that I'm not retarded. I do apologize.
Hey how come Reid has not brought a budget in over 3 years and the stupid people in NV still elect his sorry ass while he lives the high life at the Ritz...

So we could spend as much money as we want? In that wouldn't make a difference.:badgrin:

That's not the question.

The question is -

If Romney Ryan win, and Republicans win the House and Senate - will they lower the debt a single penny?

The answer is no. Just look at their Voting records. Every phony fiscal conservative during elections......has, during his terms, Voted for things that INCREASE the debt.

So let's try to stop pretending that the debt is not just being used as a tool to fear-monger with during elections, when both parties seem to want to spend spend $pend, if you look at actual FACTS and data, less the rhetoric.

Exactly what voting record of Romney's are you referring to? He was Governor of a state, not a Senator.

If you're looking at the state's deficit, that's an unfair comparison.... and, hopefully, you're intelligent enough to know that.

You're picking nits, and if you think Romney is going to be the first hero to lower the debt in over 60 years - which my point is that he's *not going to, then uh, roll with that.

If I just read between the lines correctly G.T. just said that deficits don't matter because no one will ever come to collect them and he based it on the lffe span of one generation.

No, first of all debt and deficit are two seperate things. Second of all, I'm pointing out our reality, and you and sniperfire are the ones making inferences into it and saying that I said things that I didn't say.

I said the debt has not effected an entire generation, and that nobody in office for an entire generation Republican or Democrat have lowered it, so forgive me - when there's 4 career Politicians running for office - for not believing their sudden change of heart, conveniently during an election.

Hey how come Reid has not brought a budget in over 3 years and the stupid people in NV still elect his sorry ass while he lives the high life at the Ritz...

Ask him/them.

"You're struggling, Andrea"

mitchell1.jpeg

Ask him/them.

but you still support these people. WHY??? They are NOT doing their jobs. YOu can not say that about the REP controlled congress because they have made many budgets that Reid wont even LOOK at .. This is all on the Libs..

"Today I'm pledging to cut the deficit we inherited by half by the end of my first term in office...
I refuse to leave our children with a debt that they cannot repay, and that means taking responsibility right now, in this administration, for getting our spending under control."

- Liar, Failure and One-Termer, B. Hussein

Ask him/them.

but you still support these people. WHY??? They are NOT doing their jobs. YOu can not say that about the REP controlled congress because they have made many budgets that Reid wont even LOOK at .. This is all on the Libs..

I can tell you his answer already. He isn't supporting anyone and if we don't agree with him we are all retarded and a host of other snide names.

Ask him/them.

I do?

I didn't even know that I was a Nevadan. Damn.

No, it is my contention that the rhetoric between the parties is purely just rhetoric - and that over time, the parties have usually behaved quite the same. I wouldn't call that support for one or the other, but I do have to laugh when one "side" giggles at the other incessantly as though they're somehow smarter.

They're all playing the game.

Ask him/them.

I can tell you his answer already. He isn't supporting anyone and if we don't agree with him we are all retarded and a host of other snide names.

You were unable to say why my posts were wrong, and all of your supposed answers were to points that I didn't even make.

What should I call that?

Ask him/them.

I do?

No, it is my contention that the rhetoric between the parties is purely just rhetoric - and that over time, the parties have usually behaved quite the same. I wouldn't call that support for one or the other, but I do have to laugh when one "side" giggles at the other incessantly as though they're somehow smarter.

You may have convinced yourself that you aren't carrying Obama's water but many here can see otherwise. It's like the old saying, "don't piss on my leg and then tell me it's raining".

Now that Romney/Ryan have promised not to touch Medicare for 10 years, not cut Social Security, increase defense spending,

AND cut taxes,

how is it that they ever balance the budget? Even if you gave them 8 years?

You were unable to say why my posts were wrong, and all of your supposed answers were to points that I didn't even make.

What should I call that?

Every point was replied to by myself or others. If you want to maintain that debt and deficits don't matter..then so be it. Seasonally adjusting it doesn't change it. Even Obama would tell you that deficits and debt do matter in spite of the fact that he ran both up.

To each his own.

I do?

You may have convinced yourself that you aren't carrying Obama's water but many here can see otherwise. It's like the old saying, "don't piss on my leg and then tell me it's raining".

For all intents and purposes, I do do that - on here, because Obama is the Pres. behaving as all the other Pres' have, and getting shit for it. So, yea. I like to put things into perspective for the knuckleheads who try to pretend and divide. Sort of like - pointing out the fact that when adjusted for inflation, which is what any economist does when comparing different time periods (economically) in history, would make your OP a lie.

Reagan tripled the debt and got re-elected. Bush doubled it, got re-elected. You're going to have a hard time getting me to take any of this "debt hawk" bullshit serious.

Last edited:
I do?

For all intents and purposes, I do do that - on here, because Obama is the Pres. behaving as all the other Pres' have, and getting shit for it. So, yea. I like to put things into perspective for the knuckleheads who try to pretend and divide. Sort of like - pointing out the fact that when adjusted for inflation, which is what any economist does when comparing different time periods (economically) in history, would make your OP a lie.

Reagan tripled the debt and got re-elected. Bush doubled it, got re-elected. You're going to have a hard time getting me to take any of this "debt hawk" bullshit serious.

Then why don't you give us the adjusted figures that you put so much credence in?

P.S. No one was linking it to reelecting him or not. It was to point out the scope and range of just how much it all increased under his administration.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back