U.N. General Assembly approves Palestinian request to fly its flag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Content preferences

View photo
There you have it folks, the World Body recognizes the Palestinian State again...Now the only question left is when will Israel vacate the illegal occupation of Palestine?

A spectator waves a Palestinian flag during the first leg of the Palestine Cup final soccer match between …

By Louis Charbonneau

[paste:font size="5"]Related Stories

1. Tide HE Turbo Clean Liquid Detergent Tide Sponsored
    Thank you for your feedback[/paste:font]
    We'll review and make changes needed.Undo
    Why don't you like this ad ?
    • It's offensive to me
    • I keep seeing this
    • It's not relevant to me
    • Something else
    Undo
    I don't like this ad
UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - Palestine's flag will fly at United Nations headquarters after the U.N. General Assembly overwhelmingly approved a Palestinian resolution, infuriating Israel with a move that Palestinians described as a step toward U.N. membership.

There were 119 votes in favor out of 193 U.N. members.

The United States and Israel were among eight countries that voted against the Palestinian-drafted resolution, which says the flags of non-member observer states like Palestine "shall be raised at (U.N.) Headquarters (in New York) and United Nations Offices following the flags of the member states."

What illegal occupation. How about you produce the International law that says it is an illegal occupation, and it had to be in force on or before June 1967.

And it is not just the Palestinian flag is it as you tried to imply but all non member state flags

If you do the math of 193 members 119 in favor forty five abstentions means 39 nays a lopsided win for full membership soon.

Don't hold your breath as the UN would fold before that happens. Where would they meet when the US denies them the place in Washington, and they lose the Hague

If you do the math of 193 members 119 in favor forty five abstentions means 39 nays a lopsided win for full membership soon.

Don't hold your breath as the UN would fold before that happens. Where would they meet when the US denies them the place in Washington, and they lose the Hague
No Threatening now Pheo.....I know you have a need to react,but Simmer Down,not only that it is a Bad Look...steve,trust your family and yourself are well..steve

That is where they are at now the 1967 ceasefire lines. There never has been any 1967 borders. Time for the UN and the world to stop funding Palestinian terrorism and violence and force them to be civilised.

"No vote can turn empty symbolic gestures into a state"

Exactly right.

What's notable is the symbolic gesture of a flag that is recognizable as that of an Islamic terrorist enclave.

This must be a morale booster for ISIS. The UN will endorse all manner of Islamic terrorists who can say a flag represents their "state".
Considering the Palestinian Flag has been in use for over 110 years,it is time that it is ratified...this is no symbolic gesture as you put it but an acknowledgement of and for the existence of the past and future Palestinian state.......considering the Star of David was only acknowledged after 1948,your comment is Churlish to say the least....but the world knows better.....it was wonderful to see the Palestinian Flag being raised at the recent Asia Football Federation Finals in Australia.
For such a small nation to reach the finals was an achievement indeed,and the Australian public took them to their hearts,rightly so.Viva Palestine..Viva Israel.

The difference between you and your cronies and I, is that I desire Peace for both nations...you Guys are just seeped in Hate.

Soon Forward To Peace.. steve

As the Palestinian flag, then you will have no problem in producing the evidence of this. You see the Palestinian flag is a poor copy of the Jordanian flag and that came about in 1988. The star of David precedes arab muslims by 2,500 years so is longer lived than even Palestine.

Yourpeace is the Jews wiped out and the arab muslim extremists to have nuclear weapons

Tell us exactly what proposals the Palestinians have made that Israel has rejected and why they refuse to recognize Israel as a Jewish State.
The proposals are end the occupation and end the blockade.

And recognizing Israel as a Jewish State, would be like recognizing Nazi Germany as an Aryan Nation. That ain't gonna happen.

Why do you need to be recognized anyway? You're already there. Israel exists. Done. Move on. Fuck your recognition!

Simple enough to achieve if the Palestinians would only abide by their promises. negotiate a peace deal and mutual borders and the blockade and occupation will end.

The world has recognised Israel as the Jewish state, and it has entered into the UN charter as such. So why cant the Palestinians

Because without it the Palestinians will see it as waqf

The Jews " hate" the Palestinians but they don't hate the Jews?
Rabbi's for Human Rights don't hate the Palestinian's. Jewish Voices for Peace (JVP) don't hate the Palestinian's. But a lot of them are getting pretty sick of this Zionist, fascist government of Israel and its tyrannical foreign policy.

Is that why they rejected Statehood in 1948 ?
They rejected the deal because it wasn't fair. Who in their right mind would give up 70% of their land, to 20% of the population?

Is that why they refuse to recognize Israel as a Jewish State? Read up on the Hebron Massacre in 1917 . Just a few things
Actually, that occurred in 1929. And it was a riot that Zionists started.

BTW, what about all the Jewish lives that were saved that night by their Arab neighbors?

Tiny extremist groups that amount to less than 10 % of 1% of the worlds Jewish population. That's like saying that you don't recognise Israel so the majority of smack head trailer park inhabitants are the same.

They had already been given 78% of the land that was never theirs in 1923, but they wanted it all .

No there were two Hebron massacres. And the 1929 one was started by a BLOOD LIBEL spread by the grand mufti himself. It was not started by Zionists but by islamonazi's

Tell us exactly what proposals the Palestinians have made that Israel has rejected and why they refuse to recognize Israel as a Jewish State.

And recognizing Israel as a Jewish State, would be like recognizing Nazi Germany as an Aryan Nation. That ain't gonna happen.

Why do you need to be recognized anyway? You're already there. Israel exists. Done. Move on. Fuck your recognition!

The " 67 Borders" that were never recognized by the Arabs before? You're right; Israel is never going to go back to it. Why should there be a " Palestinian state" but not a Jewish one? For that reason alone, the " two State Solution is DOA" they also want some of " Israel Proper" connecting Gaza to the W. Bank Tell us why they are legally entitled to that la d a d what concessions they have offered to make up for that territory . You're the one who visited NYC who got into fights and couldn't get ING with anybody FUCK YOU !!!!!

No Threatening now Pheo.....I know you have a need to react,but Simmer Down,not only that it is a Bad Look...steve,trust your family and yourself are well..steve

The people will speak and demand their governments pull out of the UN leaving the UN with a big hole in their finances. The US is desperately short of capital and the UN takes up a lot of money from the US treasury. So shutting down the UN will provide Obama with the means to support his welfare bill

Exactly right.

What's notable is the symbolic gesture of a flag that is recognizable as that of an Islamic terrorist enclave.

This must be a morale booster for ISIS. The UN will endorse all manner of Islamic terrorists who can say a flag represents their "state".
This is the World Hollie, little old you ranting like an empty lunatic will not save Israel's PR problem world-wide...She needs to move back to the 67 lines to be accepted by the Arabs as a legitimate state...Without that kind of solution the Arabs States have nothing to offer their people and wars will rage.

So far the Arabs have outlasted all previous invaders for 1400 years...
Arab recognition of Israel? Shirley, you've been indoctrinated by the prayer leader at your madrassah.

You should read the Hamas Charter. It's an uncompromising look into the gaping maw of Islamo-fascism. Anwar Sadat once thought he could tame the Islamist beast with a courageous act of acceptance of the State of Israel. For that Islamo-indiscretion, he was gunned down by the Muslim Brotherhood. Did you know that Hamas is the bastard stepchild of the Muslim Brotherhood?

Arab states have nothing to offer their people whether Israel exists or not. What you Islamic terrorist huggers fail to realize is that even if Israel ceased to exist tomorrow, it would not change a single thing in the Islamist Middle East. Would the internecine hatreds that divide the Sunni and Shia cease? No. Would women's rights and pluralism suddenly find an awakening? No. Would theocratic totalitarianism suddenly give way to representative rule? Not a chance.

I'm afraid you need to find some better excuses to buttress your insensate Joooooo hatreds. You're only using tired cliche's and slogans.
Stop spewing that everyone Hates Jews,they don't,Jews as most will acknowledge have contributed greatly to mankind,as have Muslims and others.

What folk despise is Zionism and what their Mantra stands for.Get it right......and make the proper statement that "People Hate Zionist Terrorists" not Jews,which moreover you Zionists try to make people think that they are one and the same...WHICH THEY CERTAINLY ARE NOT.

And what is the Zionist mantra, and how about a link to prove it. You know the rules unbiased and non partisan.

A FAILURE TO DO SO WILL SHOW YOU ARE A BIG MOUTHED ISLAMONAZI LIAQR

Content preferences

View photo
There you have it folks, the World Body recognizes the Palestinian State again...Now the only question left is when will Israel vacate the illegal occupation of Palestine?

A spectator waves a Palestinian flag during the first leg of the Palestine Cup final soccer match between …

By Louis Charbonneau

• It's offensive to me
    • I keep seeing this
    • Something else
    Undo
    I don't like this ad
UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - Palestine's flag will fly at United Nations headquarters after the U.N. General Assembly overwhelmingly approved a Palestinian resolution, infuriating Israel with a move that Palestinians described as a step toward U.N. membership.

The United States and Israel were among eight countries that voted against the Palestinian-drafted resolution, which says the flags of non-member observer states like Palestine "shall be raised at (U.N.) Headquarters (in New York) and United Nations Offices following the flags of the member states."

I agree . Their " flag" should fly without the " 67 Borders" that were never recognized, Israel refusing not to have access to their Holy Sites and no " Right of Return" lol
It is good you love Israel.....but take the extra step and love Palestinians too,and Forward to Peace

When they learn to love then they will be loved back

The " 67 Borders" that were never recognized by the Arabs before? You're right; Israel is never going to go back to it. Why should there be a " Palestinian state" but not a Jewish one? For that reason alone, the " two State Solution is DOA" they also want some of " Israel Proper" connecting Gaza to the W. Bank Tell us why they are legally entitled to that la d a d what concessions they have offered to make up for that territory . You're the one who visited NYC who got into fights and couldn't get ING with anybody FUCK YOU !!!!!

He also claimed to fight others with rocks as a child..You can see the similarities of attitude.

Content preferences

View photo

By Louis Charbonneau

• It's offensive to me
    • I keep seeing this
    • Something else
    Undo
    I don't like this ad

I agree . Their " flag" should fly without the " 67 Borders" that were never recognized, Israel refusing not to have access to their Holy Sites and no " Right of Return" lol
It is good you love Israel.....but take the extra step and love Palestinians too,and Forward to Peace
There is an Irony in Israel,most have forgiven the Germans,who tried all they could to wipe you off the face of the earth as a people(Thank God they failed)but you hate the Palestinians who really have never harmed you over the Centuries.as you have them.steve

Not just the Germans but the arab muslims, the Christians and the Atheists have tried. Even the Aussies tried in the 1930's when Jews tried to migrate there and were turned away

Exactly right.

Considering the Palestinian Flag has been in use for over 110 years,it is time that it is ratified...this is no symbolic gesture as you put it but an acknowledgement of and for the existence of the past and future Palestinian state.......considering the Star of David was only acknowledged after 1948,your comment is Churlish to say the least....but the world knows better.....it was wonderful to see the Palestinian Flag being raised at the recent Asia Football Federation Finals in Australia.
For such a small nation to reach the finals was an achievement indeed,and the Australian public took them to their hearts,rightly so.Viva Palestine..Viva Israel.

The difference between you and your cronies and I, is that I desire Peace for both nations...you Guys are just seeped in Hate.

As the Palestinian flag, then you will have no problem in producing the evidence of this. You see the Palestinian flag is a poor copy of the Jordanian flag and that came about in 1988. The star of David precedes arab muslims by 2,500 years so is longer lived than even Palestine.

Yourpeace is the Jews wiped out and the arab muslim extremists to have nuclear weapons
No Way........but in my humble opinion..No One should have NCW......I think you will find Pheo that these Palis Flag is earlier than the Jordainian..steve...I think Tinnie posted a pic of the Pali Flag circa 1911.......some months ago

Hollie..........Why are you trying to involve the Palestinians with ISIS..???....to inflame HATRED,that's why.......You are SHAMEFUL

Peas in a pod of course. Both are extremist islamonazi terrorist groups with the same aims WORLD DOMINATION

Content preferences

View photo

By Louis Charbonneau

• It's offensive to me
    • I keep seeing this
    • Something else
    Undo
    I don't like this ad

There is an Irony in Israel,most have forgiven the Germans,who tried all they could to wipe you off the face of the earth as a people(Thank God they failed)but you hate the Palestinians who really have never harmed you over the Centuries.as you have them.steve

Not just the Germans but the arab muslims, the Christians and the Atheists have tried. Even the Aussies tried in the 1930's when Jews tried to migrate there and were turned away
Well we have welcomed and settled Jews since the 1820's moreover prior to and after the Russian Pogroms of the 1890's and 1900's.....so dunno where you get your info from.....because it is just not true...........Arabs by the way have never wanted to eradicate the Jews.....but the Christians have and so have the Germans..........you need me Pheo,you need me more than ever,...just sayin steve

Exactly right.

This is the World Hollie, little old you ranting like an empty lunatic will not save Israel's PR problem world-wide...She needs to move back to the 67 lines to be accepted by the Arabs as a legitimate state...Without that kind of solution the Arabs States have nothing to offer their people and wars will rage.

So far the Arabs have outlasted all previous invaders for 1400 years...
Arab recognition of Israel? Shirley, you've been indoctrinated by the prayer leader at your madrassah.

You should read the Hamas Charter. It's an uncompromising look into the gaping maw of Islamo-fascism. Anwar Sadat once thought he could tame the Islamist beast with a courageous act of acceptance of the State of Israel. For that Islamo-indiscretion, he was gunned down by the Muslim Brotherhood. Did you know that Hamas is the bastard stepchild of the Muslim Brotherhood?

Arab states have nothing to offer their people whether Israel exists or not. What you Islamic terrorist huggers fail to realize is that even if Israel ceased to exist tomorrow, it would not change a single thing in the Islamist Middle East. Would the internecine hatreds that divide the Sunni and Shia cease? No. Would women's rights and pluralism suddenly find an awakening? No. Would theocratic totalitarianism suddenly give way to representative rule? Not a chance.

I'm afraid you need to find some better excuses to buttress your insensate Joooooo hatreds. You're only using tired cliche's and slogans.
Stop spewing that everyone Hates Jews,they don't,Jews as most will acknowledge have contributed greatly to mankind,as have Muslims and others.

What folk despise is Zionism and what their Mantra stands for.Get it right......and make the proper statement that "People Hate Zionist Terrorists" not Jews,which moreover you Zionists try to make people think that they are one and the same...WHICH THEY CERTAINLY ARE NOT.

And what is the Zionist mantra, and how about a link to prove it. You know the rules unbiased and non partisan.

A FAILURE TO DO SO WILL SHOW YOU ARE A BIG MOUTHED ISLAMONAZI LIAQR
Well you are half right Pheo...BIG MOUTH YES...ISLAMONAZI ..NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS

Exactly right.

No Way........but in my humble opinion..No One should have NCW......I think you will find Pheo that these Palis Flag is earlier than the Jordainian..steve...I think Tinnie posted a pic of the Pali Flag circa 1911.......some months ago

Actually it was the French Palestinian flag of 1931 that had the star of David as its centrepiece. So not the Palestinian flag at all. Here is the difference

700x400xil-lar-700x400.gif.pagespeed.ic.TIMOJESOuk.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back