U.N. General Assembly approves Palestinian request to fly its flag

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbel

Gold Member
Feb 26, 2012
Content preferences

View photo
There you have it folks, the World Body recognizes the Palestinian State again...Now the only question left is when will Israel vacate the illegal occupation of Palestine?

A spectator waves a Palestinian flag during the first leg of the Palestine Cup final soccer match between …

By Louis Charbonneau

[paste:font size="5"]Related Stories

1. Tide HE Turbo Clean Liquid Detergent Tide Sponsored
    Thank you for your feedback[/paste:font]
    We'll review and make changes needed.Undo
    Why don't you like this ad ?
    • It's offensive to me
    • I keep seeing this
    • It's not relevant to me
    • Something else
    Undo
    I don't like this ad
UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - Palestine's flag will fly at United Nations headquarters after the U.N. General Assembly overwhelmingly approved a Palestinian resolution, infuriating Israel with a move that Palestinians described as a step toward U.N. membership.

There were 119 votes in favor out of 193 U.N. members.

The United States and Israel were among eight countries that voted against the Palestinian-drafted resolution, which says the flags of non-member observer states like Palestine "shall be raised at (U.N.) Headquarters (in New York) and United Nations Offices following the flags of the member states."

If you do the math of 193 members 119 in favor forty five abstentions means 39 nays a lopsided win for full membership soon.

Meh...

- "The UN with some EU countries in tow – would pass a resolution stating that the world is flat were such a resolution brought by the Palestinians"

and

"No vote can turn empty symbolic gestures into a state"

Israel's UN ambassador Ron Prosor said Thursday night. -

If the Palestinians want independence stop the aggression towards Israel.

As simple as that.

Exactly right.

What's notable is the symbolic gesture of a flag that is recognizable as that of an Islamic terrorist enclave.

This must be a morale booster for ISIS. The UN will endorse all manner of Islamic terrorists who can say a flag represents their "state".

Exactly right.

What's notable is the symbolic gesture of a flag that is recognizable as that of an Islamic terrorist enclave.

This must be a morale booster for ISIS. The UN will endorse all manner of Islamic terrorists who can say a flag represents their "state".
This is the World Hollie, little old you ranting like an empty lunatic will not save Israel's PR problem world-wide...She needs to move back to the 67 lines to be accepted by the Arabs as a legitimate state...Without that kind of solution the Arabs States have nothing to offer their people and wars will rage.

So far the Arabs have outlasted all previous invaders for 1400 years...

the world body. more like the world joke

Who the hell made them the Lord of all mankind. they voted to approve. well la de da

Exactly right.

This is the World Hollie, little old you ranting like an empty lunatic will not save Israel's PR problem world-wide...She needs to move back to the 67 lines to be accepted by the Arabs as a legitimate state...Without that kind of solution the Arabs States have nothing to offer their people and wars will rage.

Arab recognition of Israel? Shirley, you've been indoctrinated by the prayer leader at your madrassah.

You should read the Hamas Charter. It's an uncompromising look into the gaping maw of Islamo-fascism. Anwar Sadat once thought he could tame the Islamist beast with a courageous act of acceptance of the State of Israel. For that Islamo-indiscretion, he was gunned down by the Muslim Brotherhood. Did you know that Hamas is the bastard stepchild of the Muslim Brotherhood?

Arab states have nothing to offer their people whether Israel exists or not. What you Islamic terrorist huggers fail to realize is that even if Israel ceased to exist tomorrow, it would not change a single thing in the Islamist Middle East. Would the internecine hatreds that divide the Sunni and Shia cease? No. Would women's rights and pluralism suddenly find an awakening? No. Would theocratic totalitarianism suddenly give way to representative rule? Not a chance.

I'm afraid you need to find some better excuses to buttress your insensate Joooooo hatreds. You're only using tired cliche's and slogans.

Content preferences

View photo
There you have it folks, the World Body recognizes the Palestinian State again...Now the only question left is when will Israel vacate the illegal occupation of Palestine?

A spectator waves a Palestinian flag during the first leg of the Palestine Cup final soccer match between …

By Louis Charbonneau

• It's offensive to me
    • I keep seeing this
    • Something else
    Undo
    I don't like this ad
UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - Palestine's flag will fly at United Nations headquarters after the U.N. General Assembly overwhelmingly approved a Palestinian resolution, infuriating Israel with a move that Palestinians described as a step toward U.N. membership.

The United States and Israel were among eight countries that voted against the Palestinian-drafted resolution, which says the flags of non-member observer states like Palestine "shall be raised at (U.N.) Headquarters (in New York) and United Nations Offices following the flags of the member states."

I agree . Their " flag" should fly without the " 67 Borders" that were never recognized, Israel refusing not to have access to their Holy Sites and no " Right of Return" lol

Exactly right.

Considering the Palestinian Flag has been in use for over 110 years,it is time that it is ratified...this is no symbolic gesture as you put it but an acknowledgement of and for the existence of the past and future Palestinian state.......considering the Star of David was only acknowledged after 1948,your comment is Churlish to say the least....but the world knows better.....it was wonderful to see the Palestinian Flag being raised at the recent Asia Football Federation Finals in Australia.
For such a small nation to reach the finals was an achievement indeed,and the Australian public took them to their hearts,rightly so.Viva Palestine..Viva Israel.

The difference between you and your cronies and I, is that I desire Peace for both nations...you Guys are just seeped in Hate.

Soon Forward To Peace.. steve

Last edited:

Exactly right.

Arab recognition of Israel? Shirley, you've been indoctrinated by the prayer leader at your madrassah.

You should read the Hamas Charter. It's an uncompromising look into the gaping maw of Islamo-fascism. Anwar Sadat once thought he could tame the Islamist beast with a courageous act of acceptance of the State of Israel. For that Islamo-indiscretion, he was gunned down by the Muslim Brotherhood. Did you know that Hamas is the bastard stepchild of the Muslim Brotherhood?

Arab states have nothing to offer their people whether Israel exists or not. What you Islamic terrorist huggers fail to realize is that even if Israel ceased to exist tomorrow, it would not change a single thing in the Islamist Middle East. Would the internecine hatreds that divide the Sunni and Shia cease? No. Would women's rights and pluralism suddenly find an awakening? No. Would theocratic totalitarianism suddenly give way to representative rule? Not a chance.

I'm afraid you need to find some better excuses to buttress your insensate Joooooo hatreds. You're only using tired cliche's and slogans.
Stop spewing that everyone Hates Jews,they don't,Jews as most will acknowledge have contributed greatly to mankind,as have Muslims and others.

What folk despise is Zionism and what their Mantra stands for.Get it right......and make the proper statement that "People Hate Zionist Terrorists" not Jews,which moreover you Zionists try to make people think that they are one and the same...WHICH THEY CERTAINLY ARE NOT.

Content preferences

View photo

By Louis Charbonneau

• It's offensive to me
    • I keep seeing this
    • Something else
    Undo
    I don't like this ad

I agree . Their " flag" should fly without the " 67 Borders" that were never recognized, Israel refusing not to have access to their Holy Sites and no " Right of Return" lol
It is good you love Israel.....but take the extra step and love Palestinians too,and Forward to Peace

Content preferences

View photo

By Louis Charbonneau

• It's offensive to me
    • I keep seeing this
    • Something else
    Undo
    I don't like this ad

It is good you love Israel.....but take the extra step and love Palestinians too,and Forward to Peace
There is an Irony in Israel,most have forgiven the Germans,who tried all they could to wipe you off the face of the earth as a people(Thank God they failed)but you hate the Palestinians who really have never harmed you over the Centuries.as you have them.steve

Last edited:
Hollie..........Why are you trying to involve the Palestinians with ISIS..???....to inflame HATRED,that's why.......You are SHAMEFUL

Meh...

- "The UN with some EU countries in tow – would pass a resolution stating that the world is flat were such a resolution brought by the Palestinians"

and

Israel's UN ambassador Ron Prosor said Thursday night. -

If the Palestinians want independence stop the aggression towards Israel.

As simple as that.
Skye.....Life is a two-way street,you only need to look at your own(Israels that is)history..steve

Exactly right.

Considering the Palestinian Flag has been in use for over 110 years,it is time that it is ratified...this is no symbolic gesture as you put it but an acknowledgement of and for the existence of the past and future Palestinian state.......considering the Star of David was only acknowledged after 1948,your comment is Churlish to say the least....but the world knows better.....it was wonderful to see the Palestinian Flag being raised at the recent Asia Football Federation Finals in Australia.
For such a small nation to reach the finals was an achievement indeed,and the Australian public took them to their hearts,rightly so.Viva Palestine..Viva Israel.

The difference between you and your cronies and I, is that I desire Peace for both nations...you Guys are just seeped in Hate.

Soon Forward To Peace.. steve
The whole argument is the interpretation of the flag. some would consider it symbolizes Palestinian STATE and some Palestinian NATIONALITY, mind the difference.. there is some background for any of the claims but I think it's pointless since the PA(Fatah) in it's current meta doesn't seems to last any longer while Hamas(+/PIJ) is also degrading day by day.

Content preferences

View photo

By Louis Charbonneau

• It's offensive to me
    • I keep seeing this
    • Something else
    Undo
    I don't like this ad

Tell us exactly what proposals the Palestinians have made that Israel has rejected and why they refuse to recognize Israel as a Jewish State.

Content preferences

View photo

By Louis Charbonneau

• It's offensive to me
    • I keep seeing this
    • Something else
    Undo
    I don't like this ad

There is an Irony in Israel,most have forgiven the Germans,who tried all they could to wipe you off the face of the earth as a people(Thank God they failed)but you hate the Palestinians who really have never harmed you over the Centuries.as you have them.steve

The Jews " hate" the Palestinians but they don't hate the Jews? Is that why they rejected Statehood in 1948 ? Is that why they refuse to recognize Israel as a Jewish State? Read up on the Hebron Massacre in 1917 . Just a few things

Tell us exactly what proposals the Palestinians have made that Israel has rejected and why they refuse to recognize Israel as a Jewish State.
The proposals are end the occupation and end the blockade.

And recognizing Israel as a Jewish State, would be like recognizing Nazi Germany as an Aryan Nation. That ain't gonna happen.

Why do you need to be recognized anyway? You're already there. Israel exists. Done. Move on. Fuck your recognition!

The Jews " hate" the Palestinians but they don't hate the Jews?
Rabbi's for Human Rights don't hate the Palestinian's. Jewish Voices for Peace (JVP) don't hate the Palestinian's. But a lot of them are getting pretty sick of this Zionist, fascist government of Israel and its tyrannical foreign policy.

Is that why they rejected Statehood in 1948 ?
They rejected the deal because it wasn't fair. Who in their right mind would give up 70% of their land, to 20% of the population?

Is that why they refuse to recognize Israel as a Jewish State? Read up on the Hebron Massacre in 1917 . Just a few things
Actually, that occurred in 1929. And it was a riot that Zionists started.

BTW, what about all the Jewish lives that were saved that night by their Arab neighbors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back