U.K. cleric: Rape is impossible within marriage

No, my wife is NOT my slave.

She could divorce and leave anytime she wants.

But while we are married.

I have "rights" over her body. :cool:

Riiight

So if she demands sex from you, you have to get it up no matter what? you are after all "HER" husband. And by your insane definition, she owns your ass.

Or is that different b/c women are lesser?

B/c by your fucked definition, you also belong to your wife, and you should do as she tells you.
Yes, I belong to her.

But it is not her place to tell me what to do. :cool:

Sunni, you really should think more before you post. People think you're serious. I work on the theory that you are not.... because I would be seriously disappointed if you really, honestly, are that type of person. You have an opportunity to show people that Islam is not about degrading women. Pity you choose not to take it.

So if she demands sex from you, you have to get it up no matter what? you are after all "HER" husband. And by your insane definition, she owns your ass.

In Islam, impotence is grounds for divorce.

A woman can take her husband to Sharia Law Court and be granted a divorce because her husband can't perform.

A woman can take her husband to Sharia Law Court and be granted a divorce because her husband can't perform.

I for one would say that, I would put something in your coffee to speed up the impotence situation, so that you could not have YOUR way over my body any longer. :eusa_hand:

Just kidding..
how does one prove impotence in a sharia court? :eusa_eh:

This is not about "not" being able to. This is about not wanting to when she wants to.

What happens at the end of a bad day? You have a sore back, throbbing migrain, there is no way you want to have sex.

Can she force you?

Sunni, you really should think more before you post. People think you're serious. I work on the theory that you are not.... because I would be seriously disappointed if you really, honestly, are that type of person. You have an opportunity to show people that Islam is not about degrading women. Pity you choose not to take it.

I really love my wife and have NEVER hit her or said an unkind word to her.

So I don't need to engage in any type of so called marriage rape.

If you treat your wife good. She is more than willing. :eusa_angel:

Better CG ?

Last edited:
Husbands are asked to satisfy the sexual desires of their wives and vice versa although greater emphasis is placed on male sexuality.

As it is attributed to Muhammad:

* "Not one of you should fall upon your wife like an animal; but let there first be a messenger between you." "And what is that messenger?" they asked, and he replied: "Kisses and words."

* "When one of you have sex with your wife, it is a rewarded act of charity." The companions were surprised and said, "But we do it purely out of our desire. How can it be counted as charity?"

Muhammad replied, "If you had done it with a forbidden woman, it would have been counted as a sin, but if you do it in legitimacy, it is counted as charity."

* "No solution is ever better for two people who are in love like marriage."

Also in hadith:

* If a man invites his wife to sleep with him and she refuses, then the angels send their curses on her till morning. Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol. 7, No. 121-2

* When a man sends for his wife for the satisfaction of his need, she should go to him even if she may be occupied in baking bread. Reported by Al-Tirmidhi and Nisai, No. 284.

www.en.wikipedia.org/.../Rights_and_obligations_of_spouses_in_Islam

Last edited:
Used the word Obey in our marriage vows. Of course, if I am treating my wife properly, she would have no reason to disobey. If she is treating me properly, asking her to obey is not necessary. The term only has meaning if the relationship is out of balance for some other reason.

Frankly, if someone obeyed me all the time, I'd be bored to death.

This is not about "not" being able to. This is about not wanting to when she wants to.

What happens at the end of a bad day? You have a sore back, throbbing migrain, there is no way you want to have sex.

Can she force you?

If you are young, there is no such thing as a "bad day".
In case you are not ill, you are active. "Bad day" feelings in the brain quickly move away once she wants to and uses her arguments.

o let the angels curse me.....they can simply mind their own business as far as i am concerned....perhaps that is the difference in a goddess as opposed to a male god

It is against Islam for a wife to refuse her husbands sexual advances.

If she does, the Prophet said: "the angels will curse at her all night".

How many lashes do you get for refusing? Or does the man just beat the shit out of the woman?

Husbands are asked to satisfy the sexual desires of their wives and vice versa although greater emphasis is placed on male sexuality.

As it is attributed to Muhammad:

* "Not one of you should fall upon your wife like an animal; but let there first be a messenger between you." "And what is that messenger?" they asked, and he replied: "Kisses and words."

* "When one of you have sex with your wife, it is a rewarded act of charity." The companions were surprised and said, "But we do it purely out of our desire. How can it be counted as charity?"

Muhammad replied, "If you had done it with a forbidden woman, it would have been counted as a sin, but if you do it in legitimacy, it is counted as charity."

* "No solution is ever better for two people who are in love like marriage."

Also in hadith:

* If a man invites his wife to sleep with him and she refuses, then the angels send their curses on her till morning. Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol. 7, No. 121-2

* When a man sends for his wife for the satisfaction of his need, she should go to him even if she may be occupied in baking bread. Reported by Al-Tirmidhi and Nisai, No. 284.

Qouting the written insanity.

Making love to your wife is an act of charity to her?

Angels send curses?

What do you do during her menstraion? Shove cotton in her ears so she can sleep?

Thanks Sunni. I used to think the insanity I heard about islam was blown out of proportion. talking to you, and you showing me lines from your book lets me know that they have been understated.

Forum List

Back