U.K. cleric: Rape is impossible within marriage

Quran 2:222

....................... therefore keep aloof from the women during the menstrual discharge and do not go near them until they have become clean; then when they have cleansed themselves, go in to them as Allah has commanded you; surely Allah loves those who turn much (to Him), and He loves those who purify themselves.

Husbands 'may be made to ask forgiveness ... That should be enough'

U.K. cleric: Rape is impossible within marriage - World news - Europe - msnbc.com
msnbc.com
updated 10/14/2010 4:49:05 AM ET 2010-10-14T08:49:05

LONDON — A leading Muslim cleric has sparked controversy in Britain by claiming that it is impossible for men to rape their wives.

Sheikh Maulana Abu Sayeed, who is president of the Islamic Sharia Council, told a website that "sex is part of marriage" and suggested that husbands who commit such acts should not be prosecuted.

Clearly there cannot be any rape within the marriage," he told The Samosa website. "Maybe aggression, maybe indecent activity... Because when they got married, the understanding was that sexual intercourse was part of the marriage, so there cannot be anything against sex in marriage. Of course, if it happened without her desire, that is no good, that is not desirable."

Sayeed runs Britain's largest network of Islamic sharia courts, The Independent reported.

Rape within marriage has been illegal in Britain since 1991.

Read the story, it just keeps getting better :cuckoo:

Wonder if this will give the left reason to pause in thier rabid support of islam? B/c this is one of the reasons they stand against far right christians.

Nah, carry on.

Yeah, that kind of male-centric attitude sucks.....thank goodness we don't have that anymore in our country...tho I remember a time when we did.

Are you actually of the view that no man in the US holds that view? Really?

:lol:

I'm sure there are...but the law no longer supports them, thank the gods.

If George Bush said "Rape is impossible inside a marriage" you all would be calling for his death.

But when it comes from the cave dwelling religion (Islam), weak minded people like bodecea make excuses for it.

You people need to wake the fuck up.

I beg your pardon....where oh where did make EXCUSES for it?

Seriously, dude....learn to read!

Muslims don't buy into such nonsense as so called "marital rape".

As it goes against both the Quran and just plain common sense.

So go ahead and have your retarded law on the books.

But it means zip to us. :cool:

Okay Progressives, let's hear how we need to be like Europe and have Sharia law here.

Okay Progressives, let's hear how we need to be like Europe and have Sharia law here.

Nope...and I don't think you would find a Progressive who believes we should have Sharia law here....but, enlighten me. Link me to someone saying that.

We have them right here on this message board. No need to look any further. They are just strangely quiet all of a sudden.

Nope...and I don't think you would find a Progressive who believes we should have Sharia law here....but, enlighten me. Link me to someone saying that.

We have them right here on this message board. No need to look any further. They are just strangely quiet all of a sudden.

Well, there must be evidence that they have said such things....Link me to their comments, or give their names and I'll search.

....................... therefore keep aloof from the women during the menstrual discharge and do not go near them until they have become clean; then when they have cleansed themselves, go in to them as Allah has commanded you; surely Allah loves those who turn much (to Him), and He loves those who purify themselves.

WOW FRIGGIN WOW!!!

Menstrating women are "UNCLEAN"!!

That's beyond my ability to understand. I don't have anything that backwards in my life to refrence to.

WOW FRIGGIN WOW!!!

That's beyond my ability to understand. I don't have anything that backwards in my life to refrence to.
The Bible says the exactly the same thing concerning menstruating women and how they are unclean. :doubt:

WOW FRIGGIN WOW!!!

The Bible says the exactly the same thing concerning menstruating women and how they are unclean. :doubt:

You are speaking of the OT law. No one is under any law any more. You're still very confused.

WOW FRIGGIN WOW!!!

Are you a Muslim? If not, then you really don't need to understand it. In no way does their belief affect you. It's kind of a 'live and let live' thing.

New Topics

Forum List

Back