U.K. cleric: Rape is impossible within marriage

Two Thumbs

Platinum Member
Sep 27, 2010
Where ever I go, there I am.
Husbands 'may be made to ask forgiveness ... That should be enough'

U.K. cleric: Rape is impossible within marriage - World news - Europe - msnbc.com
msnbc.com
updated 10/14/2010 4:49:05 AM ET 2010-10-14T08:49:05

LONDON — A leading Muslim cleric has sparked controversy in Britain by claiming that it is impossible for men to rape their wives.

Sheikh Maulana Abu Sayeed, who is president of the Islamic Sharia Council, told a website that "sex is part of marriage" and suggested that husbands who commit such acts should not be prosecuted.

Clearly there cannot be any rape within the marriage," he told The Samosa website. "Maybe aggression, maybe indecent activity... Because when they got married, the understanding was that sexual intercourse was part of the marriage, so there cannot be anything against sex in marriage. Of course, if it happened without her desire, that is no good, that is not desirable."

Sayeed runs Britain's largest network of Islamic sharia courts, The Independent reported.

Rape within marriage has been illegal in Britain since 1991.

Read the story, it just keeps getting better :cuckoo:

Wonder if this will give the left reason to pause in thier rabid support of islam? B/c this is one of the reasons they stand against far right christians.

Nah, carry on.

U.K. cleric: Rape is impossible within marriage - World news - Europe - msnbc.com
msnbc.com

LONDON — A leading Muslim cleric has sparked controversy in Britain by claiming that it is impossible for men to rape their wives.

Sheikh Maulana Abu Sayeed, who is president of the Islamic Sharia Council, told a website that "sex is part of marriage" and suggested that husbands who commit such acts should not be prosecuted.

Clearly there cannot be any rape within the marriage," he told The Samosa website. "Maybe aggression, maybe indecent activity... Because when they got married, the understanding was that sexual intercourse was part of the marriage, so there cannot be anything against sex in marriage. Of course, if it happened without her desire, that is no good, that is not desirable."

Sayeed runs Britain's largest network of Islamic sharia courts, The Independent reported.

Wonder if this will give the left reason to pause in thier rabid support of islam? B/c this is one of the reasons they stand against far right christians.

Nah, carry on.

Yeah, that kind of male-centric attitude sucks.....thank goodness we don't have that anymore in our country...tho I remember a time when we did.

msnbc.com

Nah, carry on.

Yeah, that kind of male-centric attitude sucks.....thank goodness we don't have that anymore in our country...tho I remember a time when we did.

Same, but I never recall it ever being "OK" to rape your wife.

msnbc.com

Nah, carry on.

Same, but I never recall it ever being "OK" to rape your wife.

I do....there was a big deal in the late 60s early 70s (remembering off the top of my head) when the first laws were passed where spouses could even hope to have rapist spouses held legally responsible.

Almost as impossible as it is to remove the willingness to commit violence from Islam. Women, Infidels and other sects, makes no difference.

"marriage rape" is an oxymoron :cool:

ox·y·mo·ron   /ˌɒksɪˈmɔrɒn, -ˈmoʊr-/ Show Spelled
[ok-si-mawr-on, -mohr-] Show IPA

–noun, plural -mo·ra  /-ˈmɔrə, -ˈmoʊrə/ Show Spelled
[-mawr-uh, -mohr-uh] Show IPA
. Rhetoric .
a figure of speech by which a locution produces an incongruous, seemingly self-contradictory effect, as in “cruel kindness” or “to make haste slowly.”

Are you saying a husband can't rape his wife?

msnbc.com

Nah, carry on.

Are you actually of the view that no man in the US holds that view? Really?

:lol:

Rape in marriage is impossible.

When married a woman's body belongs to the man to do as he pleases. :cool:

That's evil to the core.

No one is "belongs" to another. That makes her nothing more than a slave.

So since the mother of your children means so little too you. What do the children think of thier mom?

msnbc.com

Nah, carry on.

It's not funny. Why the hell would you put a smiley?

Sure it happens, the religious kooks that say it's fine are ostersized, and the husbands are criminals.

Read the story, he's the leader of the LARGEST group of muslims in the UK.

If George Bush said "Rape is impossible inside a marriage" you all would be calling for his death.

But when it comes from the cave dwelling religion (Islam), weak minded people like bodecea make excuses for it.

You people need to wake the fuck up.

It's not funny. Why the hell would you put a smiley?

Sure it happens, the religious kooks that say it's fine are ostersized, and the husbands are criminals.

Read the story, he's the leader of the LARGEST group of muslims in the UK.

I am laughing at bodecea's view that there are no Muslims in the US who believe the same as that nutjob in the UK.

Happily, it is not a common view - because it is crap.

Rape in marriage is impossible.

When married a woman's body belongs to the man to do as he pleases. :cool:

That's evil to the core.

No one is "belongs" to another. That makes her nothing more than a slave.
I hear men all the time refer to, "my wife".

Doesn't that denote ownership? :doubt:

So as well as being an evil pile of pig shit, you are a moron as well.

B/c by your fucked definition, you also belong to your wife, and you should do as she tells you.

No, my wife is NOT my slave.

She could divorce and leave anytime she wants.

But while we are married.

I have "rights" over her body. :cool:

In this country ...you do not have the right over anyones body..to rape or otherwise..got it?

Forum List

Back