Two Women Accuse Herman Cain Of Inappropriate Behavior

During Herman Cain’s tenure as the head of the National Restaurant Association in the 1990s, at least two female employees complained to colleagues and senior association officials about inappropriate behavior by Cain, ultimately leaving their jobs at the trade group, multiple sources confirm to POLITICO.

The women complained of sexually suggestive behavior by Cain that made them angry and uncomfortable, the sources said, and they signed agreements with the restaurant group that gave them financial payouts to leave the association. The agreements also included language that bars the women from talking about their departures.

Read more: Exclusive: Two women accused Herman Cain of inappropriate behavior - Jonathan Martin and Maggie Haberman and Anna Palmer and Kenneth P. Vogel - POLITICO.com

I'm really getting sick of this. Oh, and I'm not surprised. This is how Obama wins elections.

Obama and Clinton cruised through with worse accusations but a Republican hasn't a chance. Obama with his Reverend Wright and Clinton with his constant "Bimbo-eruptions".

I say fuck it. Ignore it. If it was an issue it would have been one years ago....not now.

This is strangely similar to the Clarance Thomas vs Anita Hill "High-tech lynching".

After several days of not responding to the question, Gordon emailed on Oct. 24 that any dispute about Cain’s conduct at the restaurant association “was settled amicably among all parties many years ago.”

“These are old and tired allegations that never stood up to the facts,” Gordon said in an email response. “This was settled amicably among all parties many years ago, and dredging this up now is merely part of a smear campaign meant to discredit a true patriot who is shaking up the political status quo.”

Gordon added: “Since critics haven’t had much luck in attacking Mr. Cain’s ideas, they are trying to attack him personally.”

Added Gordon: “When you’re in a leadership position, sometimes people just try to take a shot at you.”

After POLITICO published its reporting Sunday evening, the Cain campaign said in a statement that the “political trade press are now casting aspersions on his character and spreading rumors that never stood up to the facts” but did not deny the details of the report.

“Fearing the message of Herman Cain who is shaking up the political landscape in Washington, Inside the Beltway media have begun to launch unsubstantiated personal attacks on Cain,” the campaign said in a statement. “Sadly, we’ve seen this movie played out before – a prominent Conservative targeted by liberals simply because they disagree with his politics.”

Cain, who has been married to his wife Gloria for 43 years, did tell at least one campaign staffer this year about the possibility that claims of sexual harassment could surface, according to the aide. Cain, this person said, described a case in which he fired an employee in 1990s and the woman alleged sexual misconduct or harassment. Cain told the campaign staffer he had beaten the case and that the woman had paid for his legal fees. The aide had no further details.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/67194_Page2.html#ixzz1cM3HOSvI

Last edited:
He knew this was out there: 24th paragraph.

Herman Cain sounds off on race, a debate win, and the need to simplify government

"They're going to come after me more viciously than they would a white candidate," Cain responded. "You're right. Clarence Thomas. And so, to use Clarence Thomas as an example, I'm ready for the same high-tech lynching that he went through -- for the good of this country." Cain smiled broadly. "I'm ready for the same high-tech lynching."
Funny. He deals that race card out at every opportunity.

Okay, I just read through the Four page Politico report on this and...

They never actually say what Cain actually did. I guess it involves two women.

My problem with sexual harrassment law is that it is completely subjective. Essentially you can claim you are being "harrassed" if you say you are being "harrassed".

The fact that they settled is incriminating, because there's a part of you that says innocent people don't settle.

Then you realize in the real world, people do that all the time because litigation is so expensive. Usually they just fire you when accused. Seen that happen too many time for petty bullshit, but usually to people a lot lower on the food chain.

From the article:
He was then asked, “Have you ever been accused, sir, in your life of harassment by a woman?”

He breathed audibly, glared at the reporter and stayed silent for several seconds. After the question was repeated three times, he responded by asking the reporter, “Have you ever been accused of sexual harassment?”

True or not, that's a pretty nasty comment by Cain about woman in general.

I think most men can answer his question with a No.

If this turns out to be true..I feel that it's unacceptable that the republicans party accept sexual inappropriate behavior of its members. Are we really going to become straight up like the democrats? I thought we were better then this...I can understand wanting to make sure he is guilty first, but if he is he should step down.

Why?

One thing I really detest about my fellow conservatives is when they act all high and mighty like a person should never have ever freaking sinned before in their lives.

His behaviour from 20 years ago has jack shit to do with today. AND what really pisses me off are my fellow born agains who seem to expect every R politician to come out of a bloody monastery and never have a past.

What's worse is when I have to listen to any fellow conservative who is also a born again not getting the real deal that Christ just didn't die on the cross for their sins but also for others sins.

If Cain sinned twenty years ago and has asked the Lord for forgiveness for his sins, who the hell is anyone on this planet to condemn him now.

It's bad enough when I have to listen to Democrats bitch whine and moan like all their candidates are angels, but when I have to listen to a conservative condemn someone for any action in the distant past I want to bazooka barf.
Once a groper, always a groper.

Thanks for that hypocritical assessment, friend of Bill..:lol:

From the article:
He was then asked, “Have you ever been accused, sir, in your life of harassment by a woman?”

He breathed audibly, glared at the reporter and stayed silent for several seconds. After the question was repeated three times, he responded by asking the reporter, “Have you ever been accused of sexual harassment?”

No, actually they really can't. Because the standard is so subjective that any behavior can be considered harrassment.

For instance, I had an incident a couple weeks ago, where I was talking to a fellow buyer about a vendor rep who had the last name of "Woodcock". And I made the joke. "I'll bet he was teased as a child."

The other buyer, this very sweet Japanese girl, replied, "Well, could be worse. His first name could be 'Richard'."

Now, normal world, this is just two co-workers enjoying a joke.

If it's a complete nutbag who goes insane at the slightest joke. - you know, like you Ravi - that could be considered "Sexual harrassment."

I would really like to hear the actual DETAILS of the supposed incidents before making a decision, and then see how credible the claims are.

you know, what you guys insisted on with Clinton, until Ken Starr did it, and then you accused him of sexual McCarthyism.

Okay, I just read through the Four page Politico report on this and...

They never actually say what Cain actually did. I guess it involves two women.

My problem with sexual harrassment law is that it is completely subjective. Essentially you can claim you are being "harrassed" if you say you are being "harrassed".

The fact that they settled is incriminating, because there's a part of you that says innocent people don't settle.

Then you realize in the real world, people do that all the time because litigation is so expensive. Usually they just fire you when accused. Seen that happen too many time for petty bullshit, but usually to people a lot lower on the food chain.

actually, there are legal standards for sexual harassment cases that, if you're harassing employees, has to do with creating a hostile work environment. it's very difficult to prove. if they fire you when you're accused, it's because they believe the informant. I would agree that it also depends on the level at which the accused works in the company. but not in the way you think. they will respond APPROPRIATELY, generally, to complaints about lower level people and ignore complaints about higher ups. but it's not that they over enforce as it concerns the people lower down the food chain. they under enforce as to the bigwigs.

and unless you're working in a position where you have some connection to either prosecuting, defending or investigating these types of claims, you really haven't "seen" anything which is why anecdotal evidence really doesn't carry much weight.

and yes MOST men can answer the question about whether they've been accused of sexual harassment with a resounding "no".

Last edited:
Now watch as the lefties go into drama-club mode over some alleged incident years ago that was settled and probably no one involved in is legally able to discuss anyway, BUT just hours ago they were dismissing off-handedly the fact that women may have been raped at these OWS stink-fests. It's all politics and fucking hypocrisy.

He knew this was out there: 24th paragraph.

Herman Cain sounds off on race, a debate win, and the need to simplify government

"They're going to come after me more viciously than they would a white candidate," Cain responded. "You're right. Clarence Thomas. And so, to use Clarence Thomas as an example, I'm ready for the same high-tech lynching that he went through -- for the good of this country." Cain smiled broadly. "I'm ready for the same high-tech lynching."
Funny. He deals that race card out at every opportunity.

Racist!!!!

actually, there are legal standards for sexual harassment cases that, if you're harassing employees, has to do with creating a hostile work environment. it's very difficult to prove. if they fire you when you're accused, it's because they believe the informant. I would agree that it also depends on the level at which the accused works in the company. but not in the way you think. they will respond APPROPRIATELY, generally, to complaints about lower level people and ignore complaints about higher ups. but it's not that they over enforce as it concerns the people lower down the food chain. they under enforce as to the bigwigs.

and unless you're working in a position where you have some connection to either prosecuting, defending or investigating these types of claims, you really haven't "seen" anything which is why anecdotal evidence really doesn't carry much weight.

and yes MOST men can answer the question about whether they've been accused of sexual harassment with a resounding "no".

IN 1995, I saw a manager who was nearly fired because a woman claimed he had a discussion about what celebrity she wanted to sleep with. This woman was an alcoholic, a lesbian and anorexic and basically was nuts. Under most circumstances, she should have had no credibility. And incidently, I considered her a friend and I thought this manager was an awful manager, who should have been fired for incompetence. But they treated this woman's accusations like they were totally serious.

In 2009, saw a guy get fired because he told a joke to a co-worker and someone overheard it.

So, no, it is subjective. Usually, companies just fire on the accusation.

Now, yeah, I think there is some behavior you should be fired for, absolutely.

But I think they need to prove you are a witch before burning you at the stake. I'm funny like that.

From the article:

No, actually they really can't. Because the standard is so subjective that any behavior can be considered harrassment.

For instance, I had an incident a couple weeks ago, where I was talking to a fellow buyer about a vendor rep who had the last name of "Woodcock". And I made the joke. "I'll bet he was teased as a child."

The other buyer, this very sweet Japanese girl, replied, "Well, could be worse. His first name could be 'Richard'."

If it's a complete nutbag who goes insane at the slightest joke. - you know, like you Ravi - that could be considered "Sexual harrassment."

I would really like to hear the actual DETAILS of the supposed incidents before making a decision, and then see how credible the claims are.

you know, what you guys insisted on with Clinton, until Ken Starr did it, and then you accused him of sexual McCarthyism.

I guess you have never been to this:

Japanese Penis Festival | Gakuranman – illuminating Japan

Now.....stop being such a deflector.

Now watch as the lefties go into drama-club mode over some alleged incident years ago that was settled and probably no one involved in is legally able to discuss anyway, BUT just hours ago they were dismissing off-handedly the fact that women may have been raped at these OWS stink-fests. It's all politics and fucking hypocrisy.

I think we should probably wait until the actual facts come out before making judgments...

If these accusations are true, Cain should be over.

if this is just a baseless accusation, the people making them will be disgraced.

The fact that they settled worries me, though. Tells me that there might be something there.

Incidently, don't have anything against Cain. Could vote for him ahead of the Community Agitator or the Robot from Kolob.

From the article:

No, actually they really can't.
:eusa_liar:

It's a personal matter and I think it's a Vast Left-wing Conspiracy.

From the article:

I guess you have never been to this:

Japanese Penis Festival | Gakuranman – illuminating Japan

Now.....stop being such a deflector.

No, honestly, never been to Japan. This girl is pretty Americanized, though, even though she was born there.

My point was, under certain circumstances, this girl instead of topping my joke, could have walked down to HR and reported me. (And if I didn't know her very well, I'd have never even made the oblique joke.)

the thing is, every work place in America, you have "incidents" that could be considered sexual harrassment if someone is completely nuts and hysterical.

I would- REALLY - like to hear actual facts and details before burning Mr. Cain at the stake.

Oh, but wait. Anita hill is to be believed, and Paula Jones isn't.

Hey, didn't you all get the memo, Cain is for abortion rights. that means he's immune to accusations of sexual harrassment.

Maybe today will be the day that Cain says he never harassed anyone and that will end it.

So far he hasn't denied it.

Forum List

Back