Two-Thirds didn't vote for Midterms

If you can't tell the difference between the parties you shouldn't be voting. Leave it to those paying attention.

The differences are minor compared to the similarities.

Both parties have been bought and paid for by lobbyists and corporations. Both parties are more concerned with beating the other party than with serving the people. Neither party is interested in controlling illegal immigration. Neither party has stopped our interference with other sovereign nations and sending our young men & women to die there. Neither party gives a rats ass about overhauling the tax system that desperately needs it. Both parties are more interested in special interests than in the people they took an oath to serve. Both parties will ignore the US Constitution when it is convenient. And both parties will lie thru their teeth to get what they want.

The fact that they differ on gay marriage, abortion or whether to spend us deeper into debt over the DOD or Social services, is largely meaningless when you consider the ways they are the same.
Then please don't vote. America voting to toss out the Dems in record number because they are blocking all efforts to cut back on government size scope and taxes. I don't understand people that join political forums when they see no difference in politics.

Oh, and I will continue to vote every chance I get. The difference between you and me is that I will vote for the candidate that I believe will do the most for the nation and the people. I do not follow some party line that I am told to follow by fear-mongerers.

Not voting is a vote against the party you would normally support, so yes, the Democrats voted -- they voted Republican even if they didn't actually go to the polls. This was a protest on a massive scale.

A protest on a massive scale, I don't know about that, I think you're giving undo credit.

If you can't tell the difference between the parties you shouldn't be voting. Leave it to those paying attention.

Both parties have been bought and paid for by lobbyists and corporations. Both parties are more concerned with beating the other party than with serving the people. Neither party is interested in controlling illegal immigration. Neither party has stopped our interference with other sovereign nations and sending our young men & women to die there. Neither party gives a rats ass about overhauling the tax system that desperately needs it. Both parties are more interested in special interests than in the people they took an oath to serve. Both parties will ignore the US Constitution when it is convenient. And both parties will lie thru their teeth to get what they want.

The fact that they differ on gay marriage, abortion or whether to spend us deeper into debt over the DOD or Social services, is largely meaningless when you consider the ways they are the same.

There is no doubt in my mind that there is growing apathy among the voting public which WinterBorn is implying.
The constant political posturing is certainly wearing thin on the American public. We have big problems in this country and instead of approaching the problems and doing something about it, our representatives play political games. The Dems and GOP each produce legislation they absolutely know the other party won't except, in other words the legislation is dead on arrival. There is no interest in solving the problem as it's more beneficial politically for one or the other party to cry about the other parties obstruction than to attempt to compromise. All this "stand your ground" mentality has done is hurt the American public. We have huge problems with the cost of healthcare, a severely weakened Middle Class, National Debt, our tax structure, serious foreign affairs and the polarization of the American public just to name a few. All of this is political posturing does is hurt America. In my mind, both political parties are enemies of the state as they are causing more problems than any terrorist group.
If people looked at all the political ads running this election cycle (and recent political cycles) the ads lacked substance as most negative ads typically do. Billions and billions of dollars spent to say nothing. Amazingly effective. With the flood gates of Big Money wide open, there is very little incentive for Washington to address this country's real problems. What has been addressed to help the spiraling downwards Middle Class, the outrageous cost of healthcare, the National Debt and the division of the American public? Nothing. Washington is too busy bending over to please their monetary masters who make up a very small segment of the United States' demographics. Plutocracy is winning and dragging the masses and America continuously downwards.
Plutocracy throughout history has only accomplished one thing, the demise of a state.
People who deny the America, alas much of the world is being subjected to Plutocracy are seriously missing the boat.

I have voted in every election since 1978. I have been paying attention since the early 70s.

Show me a politician who hasn't been bought, who isn't lying, and who puts the people's interest ahead of the special interests and I'll vote for him, regardless of the letter after his name.

But as long as both parties send our young men to die in foreign lands for ridiculous reasons, I will hold them to task for it. As long as veterans come home without the care they need, I will hold them to task for it.

There is no doubt in my mind that there is growing apathy among the voting public which WinterBorn is implying.
The constant political posturing is certainly wearing thin on the American public. We have big problems in this country and instead of approaching the problems and doing something about it, our representatives play political games. The Dems and GOP each produce legislation they absolutely know the other party won't except, in other words the legislation is dead on arrival. There is no interest in solving the problem as it's more beneficial politically for one or the other party to cry about the other parties obstruction than to attempt to compromise. All this "stand your ground" mentality has done is hurt the American public. We have huge problems with the cost of healthcare, a severely weakened Middle Class, National Debt, our tax structure, serious foreign affairs and the polarization of the American public just to name a few. All of this is political posturing does is hurt America. In my mind, both political parties are enemies of the state as they are causing more problems than any terrorist group.
If people looked at all the political ads running this election cycle (and recent political cycles) the ads lacked substance as most negative ads typically do. Billions and billions of dollars spent to say nothing. Amazingly effective. With the flood gates of Big Money wide open, there is very little incentive for Washington to address this country's real problems. What has been addressed to help the spiraling downwards Middle Class, the outrageous cost of healthcare, the National Debt and the division of the American public? Nothing. Washington is too busy bending over to please their monetary masters who make up a very small segment of the United States' demographics. Plutocracy is winning and dragging the masses and America continuously downwards.
Plutocracy throughout history has only accomplished one thing, the demise of a state.
People who deny the America, alas much of the world is being subjected to Plutocracy are seriously missing the boat.
How about supporting the assertion? What is your evidence that the Republicans only offered bills that they knew the Senate would reject?

I have voted in every election since 1978. I have been paying attention since the early 70s.

Show me a politician who hasn't been bought, who isn't lying, and who puts the people's interest ahead of the special interests and I'll vote for him, regardless of the letter after his name.

But as long as both parties send our young men to die in foreign lands for ridiculous reasons, I will hold them to task for it. As long as veterans come home without the care they need, I will hold them to task for it.
The assertion is yours. You prove they all lie and have their own interests in mind. Even the Dems aren't isolationists so you are in a minority there. What is your proposal for ISIS, for example?

For starters

How about supporting the assertion? What is your evidence that the Republicans only offered bills that they knew the Senate would reject?

For starters, how about Paul Ryan's budgets? Partisans are such lost souls.

For starters, how about Paul Ryan's budgets? Partisans are such lost souls.
How about it?
Fence sitters are such lost souls.

I have learned through my life's experiences that analyzing issues and considering various solutions work the best. Not only in my political life but also my personal and business life.
Considering all options is always better than locking oneself into one approach. We'd still be in the stone age if people would have consider only one approach. Right?

If we removed the term limits for the Presidency and whatever other offices with it, would the prospect of bad Presidents and other officials encourage more voter turn out?
Delta,
You're right... We will have a load of threads and posts about voter fraud and voter IDs between now and the next election and nothing hardly said about this.

This election was effectively decided by so few... We are taking about shocking low turnout. From a country that spends so much time talking about there flag, standing for athem, supporting the troops.... Lets just call that a big load of crap...

Not voting is deciding you don't want to be apart of the direction of where your country is going. In Ireland if you open you mouth about politics in company, the one of the first questions asked (Presuming you're eligible) 'Did you vote in the last election?'. If you answer no, then you are politely informed that your opinion doesn't matter and conversations of that type are for people who vote. Does that sound rude? Well No, people sacrificed a lot so we could get the right to vote (our turn out in our last real election was 72%, our locals (which have very little effect on politics) were 60%). I think it has been estimated that our real maximum is about 85-90% (emigration and other people out of the country, mentally Ill, prisoners), lads drug addicts vote(who for I don't know)...

Compulsory voting: Although voting is a fundamental right it is also an obligation. Mandatory voting operates in 31 countries, including Brazil and Australia which have registered a turnout of 91.3 per cent respectively in their last elections. Structures need to be put in place to ensure the framework of the country has the greatest legitimacy along with those who govern it.

But in all fairness the US style and method of election and goverance is grossly outdated and is one of bemusement for the rest of the first world. First past the post, no proportional representation, single vote transfer, uncontrolled money/advertising, fundraising rules, lack of time needed to spent in Washington....

The election was decided by those who cared, not from those that pay a fine if they don't, not by people that didn't care who was elected, not by those to lazy to get off their butts that day to vote.

I was decided by those that cared, those who felt it was important enough to make a decision and make it count.

Making people vote helps no one, because those that are made to vote, won't take it seriously.

A "D" vote is for Pelosi/Reid controlling Congress. An "R" vote is for Boehner/McConnell. If you don't understand this, you shouldn't vote.

If we removed the term limits for the Presidency and whatever other offices with it, would the prospect of bad Presidents and other officials encourage more voter turn out?

actually, it's a good argument for getting rid of midterms.

If what we are going to have is a cycle of the liberals winning in Presidential years because they show up and losing midterms because they don't, that's not a way to really govern a country.

The election was decided by those who cared, not from those that pay a fine if they don't, not by people that didn't care who was elected, not by those to lazy to get off their butts that day to vote.

I was decided by those that cared, those who felt it was important enough to make a decision and make it count.

Making people vote helps no one, because those that are made to vote, won't take it seriously.

Meh, not really.

The fact is, most people had nothing to vote for. ONly about 30 House seats were in contention, and only about 11 Senate seats.

The nine seats that are going to change hands were decided by less than 5 million votes.

Meh, not really.

The fact is, most people had nothing to vote for. ONly about 30 House seats were in contention, and only about 11 Senate seats.

The nine seats that are going to change hands were decided by less than 5 million votes.
Spin it anyway you like, I don't care. The Dems got stomped and the GOP that the Dems have been saying is over, that is the problem in Congress, won the majority of the Senate, which Dems said would not happen and they increased the majority in the House, which Dems said wouldn't happen.

Now, your butt hurt over being so wrong. Keep crying it only substantiates what we all already knew.

Cry Joe cry.

Spin it anyway you like, I don't care. The Dems got stomped and the GOP that the Dems have been saying is over, that is the problem in Congress, won the majority of the Senate, which Dems said would not happen and they increased the majority in the House, which Dems said wouldn't happen.

Guy, quit pretending you won something. You won the Special Olympics, but you're still retarded.

Spin it anyway you like, I don't care. The Dems got stomped and the GOP that the Dems have been saying is over, that is the problem in Congress, won the majority of the Senate, which Dems said would not happen and they increased the majority in the House, which Dems said wouldn't happen. Now, your butt hurt over being so wrong. Keep crying it only substantiates what we all already knew.

Cry Joe cry

Guy, quit pretending you won something. You won the Special Olympics, but you're still retarded.

Poor Joe his butt hurt has now move to calling others names. More tears, more pouting and fit throwing. Just shows how upset he really is.

Cry Joe cry.

Poor Joe his butt hurt has now move to calling others names. More tears, more pouting and fit throwing. Just shows how upset he really is.

I'm not upset. It will be hilarious when you guys watch your leaders totally sell you out on Immigration.

Poor Joe, you keep crying! It's all going to be okay Joe, just relax. Quit crying, tomorrow is another day.

Poor Joe, you keep crying! It's all going to be okay Joe, just relax. Quit crying, tomorrow is another day.

NO, man, the crying is going to come when you find out your "majority" relies on John McCain, Lindsey Gramhn and Susan Collins. ..

The only one I have issues with is McCain, him and Fiengold made it tough to beat incumbents and led to the Citizens United mess.

Back to your cryfest Joe, need your blanky?

Lol! Play your silly butt hurt games, loser.

Forum List

Back