Turn your neighbor in to Obama

The disrespect and bashing of Obama could be looked at as poetic justice as well.

You have some proof of this?

Let's not bring up the private mall that refused to renew a lease. That's private. I want to know if the government is restricting the sale of this stuff.

Nah that was all ,notice the graphic?
I m more disturbed at your glee that the shoe is on the other foot .

It's poetic justice. These protestors, bumper sticker-stickers and t shirt wearers were blown off by right wingers as extremist and trouble makers. People who showed up to shout and protest, just like this new wave of protest, weren't even allowed to get within a 1/2 mile of politcal events. They herded them like cattle and put them out of the way so public officials didn't have to hear their protest. Took a federal lawsuit to get the Secret Service to back off.

Now, we have protestors who are upset because.....because why? Because they don't like to be called protestors? They prefer "Good Americans" and it hurts their little feelings if people describe them as rowdies. Awwww........too bad.

Right wingers are new at this protest stuff. Let me give you some advice:

Take off any jewelery that you can't wear in jail.

Keep any regular medications with you at all times. You'll need them in jail.

Take a first aid course. That boot print on your chest could become serious.

Cops don't care how old or young you are. Expect to be arrested.

The right doesn't have much experience with having to protest. It's understandable that they don't know what the government often does to protestors.

This is going to be a fun lesson in democracy to watch. Welcome to the real world.
Pray that the protesters win, you will not like the America Obama is trying to bring you.

I have a "get out of jail free" card.

Having relatives in the state govt. has it's advantages.

Que sera, sera.

Well that works out well for you.

What it has to do with the debate, I don't know.

The Secret Service got fucking sued and LOST for following directives from the Bush White House to segregate people at political gatherings. Anti Bush people were seperated and kept at a distance from events. I guess you all don't have any recollection of that?

Maybe you'd remember if Obama had the secret service corral all the teas baggers at these town hall meetings and put them on a street corner a mile away. Think you might remember then?

What has it got to do with this debate? Well, since I'm not debating you...nothing. But since you hoped I get arrested...everything.

No I don't recall anything like what you described as happening. But I'm sure you can find something on mediamatters, huffingtonpost or dailykos about it.

Share people's concerns with White House

GOP Senator: White House Encroaching on First Amendment

http://www.usmessageboard.com/newthr...newthread&f=19

Mattskramer's position:

First of all, the title for the article is miss-named. How is having an email being forwarded an encroachment on the First Amendment? You are still free to speak (or email) but you might just want to proofread what you type before you hit “Send”. My father used to say that you need to be clear, concise and careful when sending emails because they might get forwarded. A friend of mine once forwarded an email that I sent that I did not intend to have forwarded. Sometimes people don’t know when what is being given is intended to be a secret. If what you have to say is personal, let him know that it is personal. That is all that there is to it.

Also, don’t be afraid to speak your mind. You are still free to criticize the president today, at least to the same degree that you were free to criticize Bush during his term in office. Besides, how will the White House know that you have a gripe (or a misunderstanding) unless it clearly hears what you have to say?

Right off hand, I think that this might be a good idea. Questions and concerns will be received and evaluated in a better fashion than they did during that disrupted Philadelphia Town Meeting. It is pretty hard to have what amounted to a rude shouting contest in a crowded auditorium when email is used.

Finally, please don’t get paranoid. No one is going to come banging on your door and haul you before the House Committee on Un-American Activities. Those shameful and embarrassing days of McCarthyism are pretty much dead and gone.

First off, you really should brush up on your reading comprehensions skills because you exhibit none. This is not merely about forwarding emails.

Fallacy number 1: Personal attack. Please leave your personal opinion of my comprehension skills out of it. Such commentary is at least irrelevant if not also erroneous.

Fallacy number 2: Mind reading. Just because I did not include the fact that information from web sites is also requested does not mean that I did not comprehend that information from web sites is requested too. I also didn’t mention that John Cornyn sent a letter to the Whitehouse. Wow! Perhaps I should have paraphrased every little thing in the article just to prove to you my comprehension skills.

Instead of being so presumptuous and offensive, couldn't you have simply asked me whether or not I read the part about the Whitehouse wanting web site information and whether or not it concerned me? My reply would have been that I read and understood the whole article, and that such a request does not concern me. In fact, I think that the Whitehouse could have also requested newspaper clippings questioning healthcare policy proposals. (Yes, I know that newspaper clippings were not mentioned in the article.)

According to 5 U.S.C. § 552a, United States agencies, including the Executive Office of the President shall, “maintain no record describing how any individual exercises rights guaranteed by the First Amendment unless expressly authorized by statute or by the individual about whom the record is maintained or unless pertinent to and within the scope of an authorized law enforcement activity.

Okay. Fair enough. Thank you for the US Code. I was not aware of it. Therefore, this proposal may need to be more carefully examined and addressed or stopped with respect to 5 U.S.C. § 552a and/or 5 U.S.C. § 552a may be examined and addressed or repealed if the Whitehouse wants to continue the project.

awww wittle nancy boy got his feeling hurt!!

If you had read the whole thing in the first place then your dumbass would have seen the parts I conveniently highlighted and you wouldn't have looked like the idiot you pretend not to be.

The Secret Service got fucking sued and LOST for following directives from the Bush White House to segregate people at political gatherings. Anti Bush people were seperated and kept at a distance from events. I guess you all don't have any recollection of that?

Maybe you'd remember if Obama had the secret service corral all the teas baggers at these town hall meetings and put them on a street corner a mile away. Think you might remember then?

I remember them and I was as opposed to that practice as I am opposed to this practice, albeit, I will say that this request for naysayers names can be taken two ways (as a way to correct public opinion or as an implied threat to harass the naysayers) and is not necessarily a threat to the public. That being said, I do have a problem with big brother collecting names of people that speak out against it regardless of what those reasons are.

Immie

I have a "get out of jail free" card.

Having relatives in the state govt. has it's advantages.

Que sera, sera.

What has it got to do with this debate? Well, since I'm not debating you...nothing. But since you hoped I get arrested...everything.

No I don't recall anything like what you described as happening. But I'm sure you can find something on mediamatters, huffingtonpost or dailykos about it.

Well, where we find something is in the Federal courts. And unfortunately, the courts dismissed most of these cases so if the President were to decide to be a fascist prick, like Bush, he can just have your entire protest group herded up and put behind a chain link fence where you are free to voice your objections to the town hall meeting. How would that work for you? I guess it works fine for you when it's the other side, but not so well if it's your side.

But hey, no one is rounding up your protestors and putting them in a designated "protest zone" yet, are they? Are you still able to go yell and shout at the meetings? That's excellent if you can. But if they start heading you off in the parking lot and directing you to a mile down the street where you can voice your concerns to a wall, don't look at me. I'll be enjoying a moment of delicious irony.

that's why I'm a staunch conservative who believes in limited, non-intrusive government, individual liberities, standing on your own two feet, and not expecting handouts from your neighbor. Too funny. :lol:
Why not? I've seen conservatives even dumber than that. :eusa_angel:

Perhaps that was you in the mirror while you were trying to convince yourself that you were indeed a 'centrist'? :lol:

You couldn't tell the difference between a mirror and a TV. Which is probably why you think you look like Sean Hannity. :lol:

Well, where we find something is in the Federal courts. And unfortunately, the courts dismissed most of these cases so if the President were to decide to be a fascist prick, like Bush, he can just have your entire protest group herded up and put behind a chain link fence where you are free to voice your objections to the town hall meeting. How would that work for you? I guess it works fine for you when it's the other side, but not so well if it's your side.

But hey, no one is rounding up your protestors and putting them in a designated "protest zone" yet, are they? Are you still able to go yell and shout at the meetings? That's excellent if you can. But if they start heading you off in the parking lot and directing you to a mile down the street where you can voice your concerns to a wall, don't look at me. I'll be enjoying a moment of delicious irony.

You obviously mistake me for someone else, those or not my protesters.

I remember them and I was as opposed to that practice as I am opposed to this practice, albeit, I will say that this request for naysayers names can be taken two ways (as a way to correct public opinion or as an implied threat to harass the naysayers) and is not necessarily a threat to the public. That being said, I do have a problem with big brother collecting names of people that speak out against it regardless of what those reasons are.

Immie

Haven't seen yet where this claim of collecting names is true. I see you saying it, I see others saying it. I don't see the White House asking for names. I see them asking for the information that is being circulated.

What is so funny here is the absolute ignorance of many to the HUGE issue of the Bush admin policy of segregating protesters and sending them to "designated protest zones" and arresting anyone who exercised their rights outside of these zones.

What would really be hillarious would be for the Obama admin to do the EXACT SAME THING and create protest zones outside the town hall meetings. Protest outside of the zone and be arrested.

That's how it went folks. And we have a ton of oblivious dumbasses who never heard of such. Well, like I've been telling you, welcome to the realm of protest in America. You have much to learn about what has been happening to those protesting YOUR POLITICS for years. Enjoy! (If you see the riot gear coming out.......you might want to protect your head and neck.)

The People Spreading “Disinformation” About Obamacare.

Americans deserve an honest debate about health care. President Obama, Barney Frank, and Jan Schakowsky cannot all be right. Either the President is wrong when he says his plan will not lead to government-run health care, or Frank and Schakowsky are spreading disinformation when they tell their single payer advocate base that it will. So let’s help the White House out. Do email [email protected] and let the White House know you’ve seen something “fishy” on the web about health care reform.

Morning Bell: The People Spreading “Disinformation” About Obamacare » The Foundry

First off, you really should brush up on your reading comprehensions skills because you exhibit none. This is not merely about forwarding emails.

Fallacy number 1: Personal attack. Please leave your personal opinion of my comprehension skills out of it. Such commentary is at least irrelevant if not also erroneous.

Fallacy number 2: Mind reading. Just because I did not include the fact that information from web sites is also requested does not mean that I did not comprehend that information from web sites is requested too. I also didn’t mention that John Cornyn sent a letter to the Whitehouse. Wow! Perhaps I should have paraphrased every little thing in the article just to prove to you my comprehension skills.

Instead of being so presumptuous and offensive, couldn't you have simply asked me whether or not I read the part about the Whitehouse wanting web site information and whether or not it concerned me? My reply would have been that I read and understood the whole article, and that such a request does not concern me. In fact, I think that the Whitehouse could have also requested newspaper clippings questioning healthcare policy proposals. (Yes, I know that newspaper clippings were not mentioned in the article.)

According to 5 U.S.C. § 552a, United States agencies, including the Executive Office of the President shall, “maintain no record describing how any individual exercises rights guaranteed by the First Amendment unless expressly authorized by statute or by the individual about whom the record is maintained or unless pertinent to and within the scope of an authorized law enforcement activity.

Okay. Fair enough. Thank you for the US Code. I was not aware of it. Therefore, this proposal may need to be more carefully examined and addressed or stopped with respect to 5 U.S.C. § 552a and/or 5 U.S.C. § 552a may be examined and addressed or repealed if the Whitehouse wants to continue the project.

awww wittle nancy boy got his feeling hurt!!

If you had read the whole thing in the first place then your dumbass would have seen the parts I conveniently highlighted and you wouldn't have looked like the idiot you pretend not to be.

Again, you resort to mind reading. 1) My feelings are not hurt. 2) I did read the whole thing. I read and comprehended the entire article long before you created the post highlighting different parts of the article. I did not feel the need to comment on each sentence. Sheesh.

Hey! In one of your posts, you posted a link to the article, “Biased PolitiFact.com Covers for ACORN, Attacks Michele Bachmann”. http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthe...act-com-covers-acorn-attacks-michele-bachmann

Yet, you did not paraphrase any parts of the article. Did you read the article? Wait. That is not what I meant to ask. Where are your comprehension skills? One sentence in the article says, “Reporter Robert Farley sets the tone for the piece in his first paragraph, writing that "Bachmann's latest outrage focuses on an old nemesis: ACORN." What poor comprehension you have!

Lonestar_logic......hmmmm....logic...LOL ROTFL - What a misnomer! Go back to high school and take some actual courses in logic.

Last edited:
"Honest debate" means that opponents have their say as well, unless you like living in Russia.
Or unless you like "free speech zones."

:lol::lol::lol:

I can't stop smiling about all this. The chickens are finally coming home to roost after decades!

The right hasn't found anything worth protesting in so long they don't know how to do it or what to expect! It must be nice to be so satisfied for so long that they sat on their asses and forgot to protect free speech. Maybe they thought they'd never need it again?

Don't worry, we won't laugh too hard when the cops bust your noggin and you have to call the ACLU.

"Honest debate" means that opponents have their say as well, unless you like living in Russia.

I can't stop smiling about all this. The chickens are finally coming home to roost after decades!

The right hasn't found anything worth protesting in so long they don't know how to do it or what to expect! It must be nice to be so satisfied for so long that they sat on their asses and forgot to protect free speech. Maybe they thought they'd never need it again?

Don't worry, we won't laugh too hard when the cops bust your noggin and you have to call the ACLU.

You sir, are anti-American, but everyone already knew that. ;)

I am a registered Democrat BTW, but what the DNC is doing now is wrong and goes against everything I signed on for ... and it has been doing this far too long. You accuse the "right" of being exactly what you are.

I am a registered Democrat BTW, but what the DNC is doing now is wrong and goes against everything I signed on for ... and it has been doing this far too long. You accuse the "right" of being exactly what you are.

Nah, justice is as American as it gets. These assholes have the nerve to admit they don't even REMEMBER how protesters have been treated for years. Now, get your ass out there and protest. Maybe after you get your hed knoocked, censored, arrested and discredited for what you believe, we can get together on the speech issue. But I'll be damned if I'll help them now when they admit they didn't even pay attention when it was my speech being censored.

Fuck 'em.

Nah, justice is as American as it gets. These assholes have the nerve to admit they don't even REMEMBER how protesters have been treated for years. Now, get your ass out there and protest. Maybe after you get your hed knoocked, censored, arrested and discredited for what you believe, we can get together on the speech issue. But I'll be damned if I'll help them now when they admit they didn't even pay attention when it was my speech being censored.

Fuck 'em.

Fucking the entire country over is not justice, and if you think it is you need to be committed, because that's a serious mental illness.

Forum List

Back