Turn your neighbor in to Obama

And you think the Secret Service operates differently now that Obama is in office? They don't look into reports or complaints anymore?

I don't know how they operate now. I have not heard of the secret service visiting people over anti Obama posters or bumper stickers. Have you?

Give it time.

I wouldn't doubt it one bit if they did pay people a visit.

Of course the point is that all of these people here demanding proof of this behavior, obviously were not paying attention to their free speech until now. What a shame. maybe if you dumbasses had cared when it was someone else's speech I would care now that it's yours. But.....I don't. I hope you get an equal helping of tyranny. I had a belly full in the last eight years.

With the blind following he has, this is dangerous, I am reminded of the Salem Witch Trials fiasco. It's "We the people" ... not "Me Obama".

When the fine folks at "flag" get it, they will have all of the e-mail headers from not only my e-mail, but yours too.

That's the point dolt. You get it now? Probably not, cuz you're a moron.
You're the moron for even thinking this is an issue: plenty of idiots can forge the name on a forwarded email to someone they don't like, and in fact, at least 2 or 3 on this very thread have threatened to do just that.

Your "argumentation" has become so pathetic that you've given way to hysteria. :clap2:

None of you were paying attention when the Bush admin was sending the secret service out to investigate posters and protestors, were you? But now that it's your team, you are so very concerned and ready to leave no stone unturned. Like I said, it's nice to see the shoe on the other foot.

Secret Service Visits Durham Activist About Poster :: WRAL.com

This college student had a poster that said "They hang on your every word", regarding the number of people executed in Texas during the Bush governorship. Someone dropped a dime and the secret service showed up.

This is not the only case. happens all the time. Just usually not to the right. The left has been putting up with and fighting this bullshit for years. Too bad you all didn't see fit to jump on the free speech wagon when it might have made a difference. Now you get yours.

You claimed the Secret Service visited "all kinds of people", and "this is not the only case". so I think you need to come up with at least a half dozen more reports like this one.

No problem. This was common place during the Bush presidency.

Wal-Mart Gives Teen's Anti-Bush Poster To Police

Secret Service confiscates anti-Bush drawings by 15-year-old at Prosser High

firstamendmentcenter.org: news

Ethredge's truck features a cartoon child urinating on the word "Republicans." The bumper stickers read: "Don't U blame me," "Thief, Liar, Two Faced Murderer Geo W. Bush" and "Hell with Bush and all damn Republicans."

The Secret Service paid him a visit last week, asking what the stickers meant.
freedomforum.org: Man's anti-Bush bumper stickers prompt visit by Secret Service

Today, December 10, 2002 at approximately 1:00 pm EST, at my residence at 1651 Goldston-Carbonton Road, Goldston, NC, I noticed an SUV and two other cars enter my driveway.

They showed me their identification, and then asked if I was Michael Moore. One of the four gentlemen was the Chatham County Sheriff. The Secret Service agents said they work with the FBI and the National Security Agency (NSA) jointly on national security issues.

One of the agents (all were wearing side arms) approached me and explained why they were here to see me. He said they had intercepted one of my email messages that I had written to an online friend expressing my outrage over the November election results in which I called Bush “Satan” and said he’s the “third anti-Christ” among other things.
vigilant tv: Secret Service visit following anti-Bush emails?

HOW MANY DO YOU WANT? THIS WAS COMMON PLACE DURING THE BUSH PRESIDENCY.

Out of the four you presented only two could be assumed credible. But nice try.

I don't know how they operate now. I have not heard of the secret service visiting people over anti Obama posters or bumper stickers. Have you?

Give it time.

I wouldn't doubt it one bit if they did pay people a visit.

Of course the point is that all of these people here demanding proof of this behavior, obviously were not paying attention to their free speech until now. What a shame. maybe if you dumbasses had cared when it was someone else's speech I would care now that it's yours. But.....I don't. I hope you get an equal helping of tyranny. I had a belly full in the last eight years.

The last eight years I hated while they were happening, but now, thanks to you savior, I long for them.

And you think the Secret Service operates differently now that Obama is in office? They don't look into reports or complaints anymore?

You must have overlooked the article I posted.

But that's how you people roll!!

It's the same link you've been using: blog.whitehouse.gov, under the entry "facts are stubborn things."
Just read what's actually there and you'll see nothing about telling the WH who is disseminating "fishy" emails.

You are one stupid fuck!!

Get the dick out of your mouth, open your eyes and educate your stupid self!!!

You queers are a dumb lot!

Hey now, don't insult the queers so much ... CV couldn't survive as one.
LL's just another frustrated closet case who wants to suck mine but never will. But Kitty's right about one thing - that's not something I enjoy.

It's the same link you've been using: blog.whitehouse.gov, under the entry "facts are stubborn things."
Just read what's actually there and you'll see nothing about telling the WH who is disseminating "fishy" emails.

You are one stupid fuck!!

Get the dick out of your mouth, open your eyes and educate your stupid self!!!

You queers are a dumb lot!

Hey now, don't insult the queers so much ... CV couldn't survive as one.

You're probably right. But I did succeed in making him surrender.

Finally, please don’t get paranoid. No one is going to come banging on your door and haul you before the House Committee on Un-American Activities. Those shameful and embarrassing days of McCarthyism are pretty much dead and gone.

Really? Can you guarantee that?

Bush reopened the door for these kinds of policies. I don't think it is happening today, but, neither do I think it can't happen again.

Immie

Indeed, I'd say MK is delusional. This isn't a blog like Daily Kos asking to 'show them our mite', it's the f'ing White House that controls Justice and IRS.

I guess that each person has different levels of concern about government policies, bills, and their possible consequences. They range from indifference to reasonable concern to paranoia.

Oh, I suppose that it is possible that this might be a driving force that creates something similar to the “House Committee on Un-American Activities” of yesteryear. It is also possible for a gigantic meteor traveling at 1000000 times the speed of light to slam into the earth in the next 5 days. I doubt it.

I'd say that you are paranoid. Hmmm. Do you mind if I forward this communication to the Whitehouse. I wonder if people there thought about the unlikely “Big Brother” ramifications. :cuckoo:

Last edited:
Annie Sewell-Jennings, a 23 year old LiveJournal user from Charleston, SC, was visited at her mother's home by the Secret Service last night after posting "inflammatory" remarks about Bush a few weeks ago.
Daily Kos: LiveJournal user gets Secret Service visit after anti-Bush post

WHIO-TV, NEWSCENTER 7

Secret Service Agents question a Bellbrook High School student for wearing a controversial t-shirt.

The shirt has a picture of President Bush on it and the words, "not my president."
Because this issue is so sensitive, even we don't know the students name.

But we can tell you this whole thing was brought to the attention of school administrators after two students came forward and complained
Buzzsaw Haircut

Julia Wilson, 14, got a surprise visit from two Secret Service agents Wednesday at McClatchy High after the words "Kill Bush" appeared on MySpace.com. Her mom, Kirstie Wilson, says she should have been present when her daughter was questioned. Sacramento Bee/Hector Amezcua

The latest Sacramento resident to be questioned by federal agents in possible threats against President Bush is a 14-year-old girl with a heart on her backpack and braces on her teeth, a freckle-nosed adolescent who is passionate about liberal politics and cute movie stars.
U.S. agents question teen: Girl ran anti-Bush page on MySpace

A husband and wife who wore anti-Bush T-shirts to the president's Fourth of July appearance aren't going down without a fight: They will be represented by lawyers from the American Civil Liberties Union as they contest the trespassing charges against them Thursday morning in Charleston Municipal Court.

Police took Nicole and Jeff Rank away in handcuffs from the event, which was billed as a presidential appearance, not a campaign rally. They were wearing T-shirts that read, "Love America, Hate Bush."
The Neil Rogers Show - News - Life in Bush's America: Wear an anti-Bush T-shirt, get arrested, lose your job

A nurse in Georgia got a ticket from a police officer for having an anti Bush bumper sticker on her car. Denise Grier was driving home from work when the uniformed agent of thought control pulled her over. Grier says that he approached her car with his hand already on his gun.
Classically Liberal: Ticketed for anti Bush bumper sticker

The Secret Service in Washington last week sent agents to Denver to probe allegations by three area Democrats that they were ousted from Bush's March 21 event. The three did not stage any protest at the rally and were later told by the Secret Service they were removed because an anti-Bush bumper sticker was displayed on their vehicle.

In Fargo, N.D., earlier this year, a local newspaper reported more than 40 residents were put on a list of people who should not be let in the door; the White House blamed the incident on an overzealous volunteer.
Secret Service eyes volunteer who tossed 3 from Bush event - The Boston Globe

You stood by and didn't get all worked up about this shit when it was people on the other side being put on list, investigated, arrested, etc. Now you want some help?

Fuck you. Hope you get arrested.

Last edited:
When the fine folks at "flag" get it, they will have all of the e-mail headers from not only my e-mail, but yours too.

You're the moron for even thinking this is an issue: plenty of idiots can forge the name on a forwarded email to someone they don't like, and in fact, at least 2 or 3 on this very thread have threatened to do just that.

Your "argumentation" has become so pathetic that you've given way to hysteria. :clap2:

Congratulations :clap2: You've just won the Chris award :tongue:

Keep going and you might win the Sealybobo award. :eek:

Annie Sewell-Jennings, a 23 year old LiveJournal user from Charleston, SC, was visited at her mother's home by the Secret Service last night after posting "inflammatory" remarks about Bush a few weeks ago.

WHIO-TV, NEWSCENTER 7

Secret Service Agents question a Bellbrook High School student for wearing a controversial t-shirt.

The shirt has a picture of President Bush on it and the words, "not my president."
Because this issue is so sensitive, even we don't know the students name.

But we can tell you this whole thing was brought to the attention of school administrators after two students came forward and complained
Buzzsaw Haircut

The Neil Rogers Show - News - Life in Bush's America: Wear an anti-Bush T-shirt, get arrested, lose your job

A nurse in Georgia got a ticket from a police officer for having an anti Bush bumper sticker on her car. Denise Grier was driving home from work when the uniformed agent of thought control pulled her over. Grier says that he approached her car with his hand already on his gun.

The Secret Service in Washington last week sent agents to Denver to probe allegations by three area Democrats that they were ousted from Bush's March 21 event. The three did not stage any protest at the rally and were later told by the Secret Service they were removed because an anti-Bush bumper sticker was displayed on their vehicle.

In Fargo, N.D., earlier this year, a local newspaper reported more than 40 residents were put on a list of people who should not be let in the door; the White House blamed the incident on an overzealous volunteer.

You stood by and didn't get all worked up about this shit when it was people on the other side being put on list, investigated, arrested, etc. Now you want some help?

I have a "get out of jail free" card.

Having relatives in the state govt. has it's advantages.

Que sera, sera.

The sale of such is being restricted :eusa_drool:

You have some proof of this?

Let's not bring up the private mall that refused to renew a lease. That's private. I want to know if the government is restricting the sale of this stuff.

II guess that each person has different levels of concern about government policies, bills, and their possible consequences. They range from indifference to reasonable concern to paranoia.

Oh, I suppose that it is possible that this might be a driving force that creates something similar to the “House Committee on Un-American Activities” of yesteryear. It is also possible for a gigantic meteor traveling at 1000000 times the speed of light to slam into the earth in the next 5 days. I doubt it.

I'd say that you are paranoid. Hmmm. Do you mind if I forward this communication to the Whitehouse. I wonder if people there thought about the unlikely “Big Brother” ramifications. :cuckoo:

I wonder how many people during the early years of Adolf Hitler said the exact same thing. For the record, I was also concerned about the possibility of the Bush Admin doing the same thing. It is not that they are doing it. It is the possibility that they can do it.

Washington is corrupt, party doesn't matter.

Only a fool trusts his government without reservation.

Immie

Buzzsaw Haircut

I have a "get out of jail free" card.

Having relatives in the state govt. has it's advantages.

Que sera, sera.

Well that works out well for you.

What it has to do with the debate, I don't know.

The Secret Service got fucking sued and LOST for following directives from the Bush White House to segregate people at political gatherings. Anti Bush people were seperated and kept at a distance from events. I guess you all don't have any recollection of that?

Maybe you'd remember if Obama had the secret service corral all the teas baggers at these town hall meetings and put them on a street corner a mile away. Think you might remember then?

Congratulations :clap2: You've just won the Chris award :tongue:

Keep going and you might win the Sealybobo award. :eek:

No, BooBoo will keep that award for a looooong time.

Let's not bring up the private mall that refused to renew a lease. That's private. I want to know if the government is restricting the sale of this stuff.

Nah that was all ,notice the graphic?
I m more disturbed at your glee that the shoe is on the other foot .

Share people's concerns with White House

GOP Senator: White House Encroaching on First Amendment

http://www.usmessageboard.com/newthr...newthread&f=19

Mattskramer's position:

First of all, the title for the article is miss-named. How is having an email being forwarded an encroachment on the First Amendment? You are still free to speak (or email) but you might just want to proofread what you type before you hit “Send”. My father used to say that you need to be clear, concise and careful when sending emails because they might get forwarded. A friend of mine once forwarded an email that I sent that I did not intend to have forwarded. Sometimes people don’t know when what is being given is intended to be a secret. If what you have to say is personal, let him know that it is personal. That is all that there is to it.

Also, don’t be afraid to speak your mind. You are still free to criticize the president today, at least to the same degree that you were free to criticize Bush during his term in office. Besides, how will the White House know that you have a gripe (or a misunderstanding) unless it clearly hears what you have to say?

Right off hand, I think that this might be a good idea. Questions and concerns will be received and evaluated in a better fashion than they did during that disrupted Philadelphia Town Meeting. It is pretty hard to have what amounted to a rude shouting contest in a crowded auditorium when email is used.

Finally, please don’t get paranoid. No one is going to come banging on your door and haul you before the House Committee on Un-American Activities. Those shameful and embarrassing days of McCarthyism are pretty much dead and gone.

First off, you really should brush up on your reading comprehensions skills because you exhibit none. This is not merely about forwarding emails.

There is a lot of disinformation about health insurance reform out there, spanning from control of personal finances to end of life care. These rumors often travel just below the surface via chain emails or through casual conversation. Since we can’t keep track of all of them here at the White House, we’re asking for your help. If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to [email protected].

Fallacy number 1: Personal attack. Please leave your personal opinion of my comprehension skills out of it. Such commentary is at least irrelevant if not also erroneous.

Fallacy number 2: Mind reading. Just because I did not include the fact that information from web sites is also requested does not mean that I did not comprehend that information from web sites is requested too. I also didn’t mention that John Cornyn sent a letter to the Whitehouse. Wow! Perhaps I should have paraphrased every little thing in the article just to prove to you my comprehension skills.

Instead of being so presumptuous and offensive, couldn't you have simply asked me whether or not I read the part about the Whitehouse wanting web site information and whether or not it concerned me? My reply would have been that I read and understood the whole article, and that such a request does not concern me. In fact, I think that the Whitehouse could have also requested newspaper clippings questioning healthcare policy proposals. (Yes, I know that newspaper clippings were not mentioned in the article.)

According to 5 U.S.C. § 552a, United States agencies, including the Executive Office of the President shall, “maintain no record describing how any individual exercises rights guaranteed by the First Amendment unless expressly authorized by statute or by the individual about whom the record is maintained or unless pertinent to and within the scope of an authorized law enforcement activity.

Okay. Fair enough. Thank you for the US Code. I was not aware of it. Therefore, this proposal may need to be more carefully examined and addressed or stopped with respect to 5 U.S.C. § 552a and/or 5 U.S.C. § 552a may be examined and addressed or repealed if the Whitehouse wants to continue the project.

Nah that was all ,notice the graphic?
I m more disturbed at your glee that the shoe is on the other foot .

It's poetic justice. These protestors, bumper sticker-stickers and t shirt wearers were blown off by right wingers as extremist and trouble makers. People who showed up to shout and protest, just like this new wave of protest, weren't even allowed to get within a 1/2 mile of politcal events. They herded them like cattle and put them out of the way so public officials didn't have to hear their protest. Took a federal lawsuit to get the Secret Service to back off.

Now, we have protestors who are upset because.....because why? Because they don't like to be called protestors? They prefer "Good Americans" and it hurts their little feelings if people describe them as rowdies. Awwww........too bad.

Right wingers are new at this protest stuff. Let me give you some advice:

Take off any jewelery that you can't wear in jail.

Keep any regular medications with you at all times. You'll need them in jail.

Take a first aid course. That boot print on your chest could become serious.

Cops don't care how old or young you are. Expect to be arrested.

The right doesn't have much experience with having to protest. It's understandable that they don't know what the government often does to protestors.

This is going to be a fun lesson in democracy to watch. Welcome to the real world.

Forum List

Back