Turn Signals.

JoeMoma

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2014
I have a confession. Often when driving I don't use turn signals. Listed below are situations in which I don't necessarily use turn signals.

1. If there is no nearby traffic.
2. If I am in a turning lane following the path marked by the lane, (I will probably use a turn signal if exiting out of the turning lane into another lane,)
3. If I am in a parking lot.

Bonus confession -- If I can see no traffic is coming, I may not come to a complete stop at a stop sign. Often slowing to 2 miles per hour gives me time to look "left - right -left" if there is no traffic in the road I'm turning onto.

My favorite is the idiot in bumper to bumper traffic that throws their signal on without an opening and expecting everyone to move out of their way, only to gain a perceived better position, then that lane slams to a halt.

Those fools usually make the traffic worse.

The other is the moron that drives five miles without shutting it off, because they are concentrating on their phone.

Bonus confession -- If I can see no traffic is coming, I may not come to a complete stop at a stop sign. Often slowing to 2 miles per hour gives me time to look "left - right -left" if there is no traffic in the road I'm turning onto.
That's what we call a country stop. I live out in a rural area and do that myself.

A couple times in early morning have been stopped by a traffic light that refuses to turn and not a soul in sight. After my stop and it still doesn't change, I am rolling thru that sucker.

I drive with my left turn signal on all the time. Keeps em guessing.
It was YOU last night!!!!
download (13).jpeg

My favorite is the idiot in bumper to bumper traffic that throws their signal on without an opening and expecting everyone to move out of their way, only to gain a perceived better position, then that lane slams to a halt.

Those fools usually make the traffic worse.

The other is the moron that drives five miles without shutting it off, because they are concentrating on their phone.

Beltway drivers in DC are the absolute worst about creating traffic jams just by lane jockeying.

Forum List

Back