Turkey's Teachers are Toast

Most will not see the end of the year
Erdogan is cleaning house and burning the trash
The teachers who have taught Turkey about democracy and secular government are trash? The people who tried to keep their country from becoming another Islamist theocracy are trash? Please explain.
Did you support the alleged coup?
No. Does no one understand the function of a question mark?
Well, it had reached the point in Turkey where the only way to get rid of Erdogan and stop the country descending into an Islamist sharia hell hole was a successful coup since he has been systematically replacing pro democratic heads with Islamist ones of his own bent. The writing has been on the wall since Erdogans rise, but no one was listening. It's too late now.

How do we do that here? We might have a future if we can.
If you were King of the World, what changes would you make to America's education system? One thing you would either teach that isn't, or eliminate that is. And why.
I would shitcan the union my first day on the throne. Why? They protect the incompetent and make it more about a good job instead of what should come first, the kids. I would also let parents send kids to a school of their choosing. That would create competition, empty schools get no funds.
I believe Erdogan could have done that without firing 38,000 people and, according to Aris2, killing the majority of them. Why do you think he has taken over higher education? There is something in the content he finds threatening to his cause. Do you see how I might worry that some people in this country would like to eliminate all competing views in the education system, too?

Well, the republicans and extremist on the right want to do exactly this. Promoting stupidity is a religious value!
I do hope that the extremist views I see here are the exception to the rule, but whether they realize it or not, some on the very far right seem to be doing exactly that. And Trump is their cheerleader.

Even if he can't detonate them, he has control of 8000 kilotons of nuclear weapons that belong to the US and NATO.

Turkish US air base commander arrested over coup plot | TRT World
www.trtworld.com › Turkey
4 days ago - A Turkish Government official confirmed the arrest of General Bekir Ercan Van on Sunday. He is among 6,000 people arrested across the ...
US rejects asylum to Incirlik base commander detained for complicity ...
www.dailysabah.com/.../us-rejects-asylum-to-incirlik-base-commander-detained-for-c...
4 days ago - According to the report, Air Force Brigadier General Bekir Ercan Van approached American officials seeking asylum but was refused, a person ...
General Bekir Ercan Van » The Guardian Nigeria
guardian.ng/tag/general-bekir-ercan-van/
Turkish authorities have reportedly detained a senior air force general and other officers accused of backing the failed coup aimed at ousting President Recep.

Wouldn't ISIS like to get their hands on that

From Fox News Wednesday 7/20/16:
Turkish Higher Ed Council bans academics from traveling abroad and urges those overseas to return home immediately...Move comes as the gov't engages in widespread crackdown on those it suspects of involvement in Fri's failed coup...On Tuesday, authorities demanded resignation of 1,577 university deans, revoked licenses of 21,000 teachers and suspended 15,000 education ministry officials...

It's all over; freedom of thought is no longer legal in Turkey. From now on, It will be History, Philosophy and Civics according to Erdogan. Some will blame it on the Evil Muslims, but it's the same move that was made by China, by Russia, and probably by every other country that devolved into authoritarian rule. What will the next generation of Turkey's people believe? What they have learned, what is available for them to discover. The lights are going out in Turkey.

Let's make sure that never happens in our country. When some of you call our education system sheer shit and call our schools "indoctrination camps," think about what a real indoctrination camp is. Think about what is actually at stake when you call for making the public school curriculum and colleges less liberal-minded. Liberal-minded education gives both sides of the story, the winners and the losers. The people can decide if they want to take a side or just understand both. We would not have had a Revolution or be a country founded on the principles of the Enlightenment if our founding fathers had not learned the philosophies that shaped our Constitution and our country. The kings may not have been crazy about these ideas, but the words of the philosophers were in our libraries and were discussed by the thinkers of the time.

Why do I worry? What happened in Turkey can't happen here; that's absurd, right? On Wednesday, Trump told the New York Times “I give great credit to [Erdogan] for being able to turn that around,” praising Erdogan’s crackdown in response to an attempted military coup last week. Trump has shown admiration for Putin and Saddam Hussein, as well I do worry.

Read more: Trump Doesn’t Care About Erdogan’s Purges, Says He May Not Honor NATO Treaty

Trump said? as a person I ADMIRE SADAAM? or did he comment on one item of his actions that seemed effective?

Trump said? as a person I Admire Putin?-----or did he comment on one item of his actions that seemed effective?

----even a broken clock is right two times pre day

How do we do that here? We might have a future if we can.
If you were King of the World, what changes would you make to America's education system? One thing you would either teach that isn't, or eliminate that is. And why.
I would shitcan the union my first day on the throne. Why? They protect the incompetent and make it more about a good job instead of what should come first, the kids. I would also let parents send kids to a school of their choosing. That would create competition, empty schools get no funds.
I believe Erdogan could have done that without firing 38,000 people and, according to Aris2, killing the majority of them. Why do you think he has taken over higher education? There is something in the content he finds threatening to his cause. Do you see how I might worry that some people in this country would like to eliminate all competing views in the education system, too?
He has taken over education so he can Islamicise it and desecularise it. None of this should come as a surprise.

That's what happens when you let a religious nut/authoritarian come to power, next thing you know there is wide spead voter suppression in order to retain power.

Don't think it can't happen here.
its a good thing cruz aint running....
CRUZ is the problem? OMG.

to whom is Cruz a problem?
Ask Harry.
i never said he was a problem,you did.....

"Turkey's Teachers are Toast"

Could we bring Erdogan over here to clean out the communist bastards from our universities too?
They aren't pushing communism. When did you graduate?

they are pushing totalitarianism and oligarchy and --control the masses with religious opium. shit by any other name still stinks
Here Rosie? I didn't know we were pushing that.

Erdogan----not the USA------support or friendship from or by the USA of Erdogan is a giant mistake----something like
friendship to Stalin

Turkish Higher Ed Council bans academics from traveling abroad and urges those overseas to return home immediately...Move comes as the gov't engages in widespread crackdown on those it suspects of involvement in Fri's failed coup...On Tuesday, authorities demanded resignation of 1,577 university deans, revoked licenses of 21,000 teachers and suspended 15,000 education ministry officials...

It's all over; freedom of thought is no longer legal in Turkey. From now on, It will be History, Philosophy and Civics according to Erdogan. Some will blame it on the Evil Muslims, but it's the same move that was made by China, by Russia, and probably by every other country that devolved into authoritarian rule. What will the next generation of Turkey's people believe? What they have learned, what is available for them to discover. The lights are going out in Turkey.

Let's make sure that never happens in our country. When some of you call our education system sheer shit and call our schools "indoctrination camps," think about what a real indoctrination camp is. Think about what is actually at stake when you call for making the public school curriculum and colleges less liberal-minded. Liberal-minded education gives both sides of the story, the winners and the losers. The people can decide if they want to take a side or just understand both. We would not have had a Revolution or be a country founded on the principles of the Enlightenment if our founding fathers had not learned the philosophies that shaped our Constitution and our country. The kings may not have been crazy about these ideas, but the words of the philosophers were in our libraries and were discussed by the thinkers of the time.

Why do I worry? What happened in Turkey can't happen here; that's absurd, right? On Wednesday, Trump told the New York Times “I give great credit to [Erdogan] for being able to turn that around,” praising Erdogan’s crackdown in response to an attempted military coup last week. Trump has shown admiration for Putin and Saddam Hussein, as well I do worry.

Read more: Trump Doesn’t Care About Erdogan’s Purges, Says He May Not Honor NATO Treaty

Trump said? as a person I ADMIRE SADAAM? or did he comment on one item of his actions that seemed effective?

Trump said? as a person I Admire Putin?-----or did he comment on one item of his actions that seemed effective?

What I don't like is that Trump commented on strongarm tactics by all of these men he thought were effective--worthy of his admiration. They were tactics by dictators that would never fly in this democratic country. No one denies they are effective but I sure as hell don't want a leader here who uses them.

That's what happens when you let a religious nut/authoritarian come to power, next thing you know there is wide spead voter suppression in order to retain power.

Don't think it can't happen here.
its a good thing cruz aint running....
CRUZ is the problem? OMG.

to whom is Cruz a problem?
Ask Harry.
i never said he was a problem,you did.....
Yet another poster with serious reading challenges.

Even if he can't detonate them, he has control of 8000 kilotons of nuclear weapons that belong to the US and NATO.

4 days ago - A Turkish Government official confirmed the arrest of General Bekir Ercan Van on Sunday. He is among 6,000 people arrested across the ...
www.dailysabah.com/.../us-rejects-asylum-to-incirlik-base-commander-detained-for-c...
4 days ago - According to the report, Air Force Brigadier General Bekir Ercan Van approached American officials seeking asylum but was refused, a person ...
Turkish authorities have reportedly detained a senior air force general and other officers accused of backing the failed coup aimed at ousting President Recep.

Do you think Erdogan is friends with ISIS?

What I don't like is that Trump commented on strongarm tactics by all of these men he thought were effective--worthy of his admiration. They were tactics by dictators that would never fly in this democratic country. No one denies they are effective but I sure as hell don't want a leader here who uses them.

right----he picked out a few items of their "accomplishments" which in his opinion seems to be ----sometimes a bit of strong-arm is NECESSARY-------he is right ----sometimes stuff like
MARTIAL LAW---is necessary------sometimes something LIKE---sorta

Do you think Erdogan is friends with ISIS?

war makes strange TRANSIENT bedfellows. Adolf was not a FRIEND to Benito

I think his comment was that it has now been demonstrated that some places NEED such leaders and they should have been left alone. He's right.

Forum List

Back