Turkey's Teachers are Toast

OldLady

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2015
From Fox News Wednesday 7/20/16:
Turkish Higher Ed Council bans academics from traveling abroad and urges those overseas to return home immediately...Move comes as the gov't engages in widespread crackdown on those it suspects of involvement in Fri's failed coup...On Tuesday, authorities demanded resignation of 1,577 university deans, revoked licenses of 21,000 teachers and suspended 15,000 education ministry officials...

It's all over; freedom of thought is no longer legal in Turkey. From now on, It will be History, Philosophy and Civics according to Erdogan. Some will blame it on the Evil Muslims, but it's the same move that was made by China, by Russia, and probably by every other country that devolved into authoritarian rule. What will the next generation of Turkey's people believe? What they have learned, what is available for them to discover. The lights are going out in Turkey.

Let's make sure that never happens in our country. When some of you call our education system sheer shit and call our schools "indoctrination camps," think about what a real indoctrination camp is. Think about what is actually at stake when you call for making the public school curriculum and colleges less liberal-minded. Liberal-minded education gives both sides of the story, the winners and the losers. The people can decide if they want to take a side or just understand both. We would not have had a Revolution or be a country founded on the principles of the Enlightenment if our founding fathers had not learned the philosophies that shaped our Constitution and our country. The kings may not have been crazy about these ideas, but the words of the philosophers were in our libraries and were discussed by the thinkers of the time.

Why do I worry? What happened in Turkey can't happen here; that's absurd, right? On Wednesday, Trump told the New York Times “I give great credit to [Erdogan] for being able to turn that around,” praising Erdogan’s crackdown in response to an attempted military coup last week. Trump has shown admiration for Putin and Saddam Hussein, as well I do worry.

Read more: Trump Doesn’t Care About Erdogan’s Purges, Says He May Not Honor NATO Treaty

If anyone out there is AT ALL SURPRISED----it is because you have not been reading the writings of smart people like me.
I will add----about ten years ago I had a painful conversation with a distant relative by marriage---he was born in Turkey.----we got on in very fragmented, on my part ----Hebrew and Spanish----
he was patient. I made the point that Turks were not nuts
enough to go off on their Islamic revival thing all that much----he
said ---in sum and substance THEY ARE PLENTY NUTS---
over time I began to believe him. Sheeeehs --he was more than right ---
--a bit more than I had expected

That's what happens when you let a religious nut/authoritarian come to power, next thing you know there is wide spead voter suppression in order to retain power.

Don't think it can't happen here.

If anyone out there is AT ALL SURPRISED----it is because you have not been reading the writings of smart people like me.
I will add----about ten years ago I had a painful conversation with a distant relative by marriage---he was born in Turkey.----we got on in very fragmented, on my part ----Hebrew and Spanish----
he was patient. I made the point that Turks were not nuts
enough to go off on their Islamic revival thing all that much----he
said ---in sum and substance THEY ARE PLENTY NUTS---
over time I began to believe him. Sheeeehs --he was more than right ---
--a bit more than I had expected
The suppression of ideas and the high jacking of education is not solely a Muslim nutjob thing. That is why I worry.

Australian media seems thrilled about it. assholes.
Oh, yeah. Our administration had to say "Good" when the coup was derailed. But they are also diplomatically suggesting Erdogan respect his people's liberties. Yeah, that will happen.

"Turkey's Teachers are Toast"

Could we bring Erdogan over here to clean out the communist bastards from our universities too?

Most will not see the end of the year
Erdogan is cleaning house and burning the trash

"Turkey's Teachers are Toast"

Could we bring Erdogan over here to clean out the communist bastards from our universities too?
They aren't pushing communism. When did you graduate?

The teachers who have taught Turkey about democracy and secular government are trash? The people who tried to keep their country from becoming another Islamist theocracy are trash? Please explain.

So, we have a pair a Nazi's for a cheering section for Endrogen. Try that bullshit here, and you will see a how we liberals fight,.
I hesitated to start this thread because I'm not very good at arguing with these folks. S.O.S.

I would have to say that he graduated from the third grade about 60 years ago, and never went any further. Anyone that does not realize that the universities here teach just about any political philosophy you know of. That is called education.

The teachers who have taught Turkey about democracy and secular government are trash? The people who tried to keep their country from becoming another Islamist theocracy are trash? Please explain.

Erdogan will have them killed or "disappear".

Ten's of thousands have been fired or arrested and the purge is just beginning. He had his list well in advance of who he had to get rid of.

Erdogan will have them killed or "disappear".

Ten's of thousands have been fired or arrested and the purge is just beginning. He had his list well in advance of who he had to get rid of.
Yes. I'm sure he did. But why do you call the teachers "trash?"

So, we have a pair a Nazi's for a cheering section for Endrogen. Try that bullshit here, and you will see a how we liberals fight,.
I hesitated to start this thread because I'm not very good at arguing with these folks. S.O.S.
Well, you argue well, but logic is not in their vocabulary. However, you and all of us need to bring actions like this to front and center, they must not be ignored. If Turkey continues these kinds of actions, or even carries these through, they need to be kicked out of NATO.

I would have to say that he graduated from the third grade about 60 years ago, and never went any further. Anyone that does not realize that the universities here teach just about any political philosophy you know of. That is called education.

True to some extent, but with a heavy leftist bent. Talk to a conservative or right wing student sometime if you know one. You will see that all is not roses here either. We just haven't gone as far yet and hopefully will stop it before we do.

>>The mayor of Istanbul, Kadir Topbas, has said the city needs to build a graveyard exclusively for those who tried to mount a coup against the Turkish government last week, suggesting it should be called “the graveyard for traitors.”

“I ordered a space to be saved and to call it ‘the graveyard for traitors’,” Topbas told government supporters in Istanbul’s Taksim Square late on Wednesday, according to Hurriyet news.

“The passersby will curse the ones buried there,” he added. “’’Everyone visiting the place will curse them and they won’t be able to rest in their graves,’ I said.”

“I believe that they won’t be saved from hell. But we need to make the world unbearable for them,” he said.

Twenty soldiers believed to have participated in the coup were killed during the failed attempt which left a total of 240 people dead. <<

Well, you argue well, but logic is not in their vocabulary. However, you and all of us need to bring actions like this to front and center, they must not be ignored. If Turkey continues these kinds of actions, or even carries these through, they need to be kicked out of NATO.
Oh, I think Erdogan has every intention of carrying this through, and starting an international incident over the exiled cleric in Pennsylvania who Erdogan is blaming for the coup. I don't know if NATO can afford to lose Turkey, though. It is a big military and in an extremely strategic location. Remember, we were allies with the USSR during WWII, weren't we?

FAKE Coup attempt, Illuminati theater, SCRIPT exposed: Syria Invasion
It wasn't the first time that the illuminati staged a coup attempt but this was a premiere: fake crash of a military aircraft in a fake war of type coup attempt.

Main reasons why illuminati staged the fake coup attempt: Suppress protest and Syria are the KEYS.
Why protest suppression must be extended from "secular opposition" to everyone
Because:
- Large majority of Turks are sunnis.
- Turkey will start an official active role in the sunni genocide across the border, in Syria and Iraq, with boots on the ground against the real rebels.
In other words, against the only ones fighting against Assad and ISIS: Jaish AL-Fatah, a front that ranges from FSA divisions to Ahrar al-Sham an Al-Nusra, falsely labeled al-Qaeda, same as the Iraqi rebels are falsely labeled ISIS.
Reminder:
So far Erdogan's treasonous government (illuminati agents dressesd as sunnis) has participated in the sunni genocide
- first in a passive role, as innocent bystander
- since May 2013 in a covert role: supplying first the fake rebels of ISIS with mercenaries and weapons and later officially supporting the fake "US backed moderate rebels".
Protest Suppression Techniques, by the Illuminati: Turkey: FAKE Coup attempt, Illuminati theater, SCRIPT exposed:suppress sunni opposition to Syria Invasion

Forum List

Back