Turkey's Teachers are Toast

And more:

...Instead, the politically correct university is a world of land mines, where faculty and students have no idea what innocuous comment might be seen as an offense. In December 2014, the president of Smith College, Kathleen McCartney, sent an email to the student body in the wake of the outcry over two different grand juries failing to indict police officers who killed African-American men. The subject heading read “All Lives Matter” and the email opened with, “As members of the Smith community we are struggling, and we are hurting.” She wrote, “We raise our voices in protest.” She outlined campus actions that would be taken to “heal those in pain” and to “teach, learn and share what we know” and to “work for equity and justice.”

Shortly thereafter, McCartney sent another email. This one was to apologize for the first. What had she done? She explained she had been informed by students “the phrase/hashtag ‘all lives matter’ has been used by some to draw attention away from the focus on institutional violence against black people.” She quoted two students, one of whom said, “The black students at this school deserve to have their specific struggles and pain recognized, not dissolved into the larger student body.” The Daily Hampshire Gazette reported that a Smith sophomore complained that by writing “All Lives Matter,” “It felt like [McCartney] was invalidating the experience of black lives.” Another Smith sophomore told the Gazette, “A lot of my news feed was negative remarks about her as a person.” In her apology email McCartney closed by affirming her commitment to “working as a white ally.”

McCartney clearly was trying to support the students and was sympathetic to their concerns and issues. Despite the best of intentions, she caused grievous offense. The result of a simple mistake was personal condemnation by students. If nefarious motives are imputed in this situation, it’s not hard to extrapolate what would, and does, happen to actual critics who are not obsequiously affirming the illiberal left....

How Liberals Ruined College
Thank you for the article. If things are indeed that sensitized at campuses across the country, perhaps it is being taken too far. I'd like to hear the other side of it, I guess, or have some actual experience on a campus these days before I say yay or nay. But may I remind everyone of the intention of this vile hushing of conservative voices: to prohibit the “insulting, teasing, mocking, degrading or ridiculing another person or group.” Now, based on your posts, I realize that's not something you agree with, Tilly, but a lot of people do try to live by those standards. The issue seems to be students who are ultra-sensitive to words that insult or degrade when no harm was meant, or such ultra sensitivity to an opposing view that it is prohibited when it has no intention to degrade anyone, is just a different stance. Maybe administrators are so anxious to keep their jobs that they are catering to those sensitivities to the point of the ludicrous. Maybe.
Yes, I was rather rude to you, and I apologise, but you often come across as arrogant and snide, hence my response. You seem to now be suggesting that only conservatives engage in undesirabl behaviour.
If so, that is absurd. Regardless, rudeness and derision etc doesn't kill anyone, and to come up with so many measures to literally prevent free speech and to protect delicate little snowflakes form hearing stuff they don't like is both sinister and absurd, and all this in places of learning no less!

And more:

...Instead, the politically correct university is a world of land mines, where faculty and students have no idea what innocuous comment might be seen as an offense. In December 2014, the president of Smith College, Kathleen McCartney, sent an email to the student body in the wake of the outcry over two different grand juries failing to indict police officers who killed African-American men. The subject heading read “All Lives Matter” and the email opened with, “As members of the Smith community we are struggling, and we are hurting.” She wrote, “We raise our voices in protest.” She outlined campus actions that would be taken to “heal those in pain” and to “teach, learn and share what we know” and to “work for equity and justice.”

Shortly thereafter, McCartney sent another email. This one was to apologize for the first. What had she done? She explained she had been informed by students “the phrase/hashtag ‘all lives matter’ has been used by some to draw attention away from the focus on institutional violence against black people.” She quoted two students, one of whom said, “The black students at this school deserve to have their specific struggles and pain recognized, not dissolved into the larger student body.” The Daily Hampshire Gazette reported that a Smith sophomore complained that by writing “All Lives Matter,” “It felt like [McCartney] was invalidating the experience of black lives.” Another Smith sophomore told the Gazette, “A lot of my news feed was negative remarks about her as a person.” In her apology email McCartney closed by affirming her commitment to “working as a white ally.”

McCartney clearly was trying to support the students and was sympathetic to their concerns and issues. Despite the best of intentions, she caused grievous offense. The result of a simple mistake was personal condemnation by students. If nefarious motives are imputed in this situation, it’s not hard to extrapolate what would, and does, happen to actual critics who are not obsequiously affirming the illiberal left....

How Liberals Ruined College
Thank you for the article. If things are indeed that sensitized at campuses across the country, perhaps it is being taken too far. I'd like to hear the other side of it, I guess, or have some actual experience on a campus these days before I say yay or nay. But may I remind everyone of the intention of this vile hushing of conservative voices: to prohibit the “insulting, teasing, mocking, degrading or ridiculing another person or group.” Now, based on your posts, I realize that's not something you agree with, Tilly, but a lot of people do try to live by those standards. The issue seems to be students who are ultra-sensitive to words that insult or degrade when no harm was meant, or such ultra sensitivity to an opposing view that it is prohibited when it has no intention to degrade anyone, is just a different stance. Maybe administrators are so anxious to keep their jobs that they are catering to those sensitivities to the point of the ludicrous. Maybe.
Yes, I was rather rude to you, and I apologise, but you often come across as arrogant and snide, hence my response. You seem to now be suggesting that only conservatives engage in undesirabl behaviour.
If so, that is absurd. Regardless, rudeness and derision etc doesn't kill anyone, and to come up with so many measures to literally prevent free speech and to protect delicate little snowflakes form hearing stuff they don't like is both sinister and absurd, and all this in places of learning no less!
Well, not to fear, Matthew Heimbach, leader of the white supremacist group Traditionalist Workers Party was a student at Towson University in Maryland until he graduated in 2013. He formed two white supremacist groups while he was there, and it seems no one shut him down. I just Googled white supremacist groups on college campuses 2016 and found plenty of articles highlighting a PERCEIVED problem with racist groups trying to influence students' minds. Some of them are more than "perceived," with swastikas and such getting spread around. No matter how hard I try, I can't bring myself to think that condoning those groups is a good idea. Conservative ideas are fine. Setting yourself up to be better than another race or another group? Dumb and dangerous, deserving of whatever social shunning they get.

FAKE Coup attempt, Illuminati theater, SCRIPT exposed: Syria Invasion
Gulen, the "dissident cleric exiled in the US"
Gulen is yet another actor in the cast, used to advance these agendas:
"global extradition" and ...
BASICS
Turkey: FAKE Coup attempt, Illuminati theater, SCRIPT exposed: suppress sunni opposition to Syria Invasion
Protest Suppression Techniques, by the Illuminati: Turkey: FAKE Coup attempt, Illuminati theater, SCRIPT exposed:suppress sunni opposition to Syria Invasion
More theater to advance it:
Pakistan deports over 100 teachers from alleged Gulen-linked schools as Erdogan lands in Islamabad
Turkish teachers and their family members have been given three days to leave Pakistan.
November 16, 2016
Pakistan deports over 100 teachers from alleged Gulen-linked schools as Erdogan lands in Islamabad

From Fox News Wednesday 7/20/16:
Turkish Higher Ed Council bans academics from traveling abroad and urges those overseas to return home immediately...Move comes as the gov't engages in widespread crackdown on those it suspects of involvement in Fri's failed coup...On Tuesday, authorities demanded resignation of 1,577 university deans, revoked licenses of 21,000 teachers and suspended 15,000 education ministry officials...

It's all over; freedom of thought is no longer legal in Turkey. From now on, It will be History, Philosophy and Civics according to Erdogan. Some will blame it on the Evil Muslims, but it's the same move that was made by China, by Russia, and probably by every other country that devolved into authoritarian rule. What will the next generation of Turkey's people believe? What they have learned, what is available for them to discover. The lights are going out in Turkey.

Let's make sure that never happens in our country. When some of you call our education system sheer shit and call our schools "indoctrination camps," think about what a real indoctrination camp is. Think about what is actually at stake when you call for making the public school curriculum and colleges less liberal-minded. Liberal-minded education gives both sides of the story, the winners and the losers. The people can decide if they want to take a side or just understand both. We would not have had a Revolution or be a country founded on the principles of the Enlightenment if our founding fathers had not learned the philosophies that shaped our Constitution and our country. The kings may not have been crazy about these ideas, but the words of the philosophers were in our libraries and were discussed by the thinkers of the time.

Why do I worry? What happened in Turkey can't happen here; that's absurd, right? On Wednesday, Trump told the New York Times “I give great credit to [Erdogan] for being able to turn that around,” praising Erdogan’s crackdown in response to an attempted military coup last week. Trump has shown admiration for Putin and Saddam Hussein, as well I do worry.

Read more: Trump Doesn’t Care About Erdogan’s Purges, Says He May Not Honor NATO Treaty
Our educators, when not being political, are one of the best assets the United States has.

Turkish Higher Ed Council bans academics from traveling abroad and urges those overseas to return home immediately...Move comes as the gov't engages in widespread crackdown on those it suspects of involvement in Fri's failed coup...On Tuesday, authorities demanded resignation of 1,577 university deans, revoked licenses of 21,000 teachers and suspended 15,000 education ministry officials...

It's all over; freedom of thought is no longer legal in Turkey. From now on, It will be History, Philosophy and Civics according to Erdogan. Some will blame it on the Evil Muslims, but it's the same move that was made by China, by Russia, and probably by every other country that devolved into authoritarian rule. What will the next generation of Turkey's people believe? What they have learned, what is available for them to discover. The lights are going out in Turkey.

Let's make sure that never happens in our country. When some of you call our education system sheer shit and call our schools "indoctrination camps," think about what a real indoctrination camp is. Think about what is actually at stake when you call for making the public school curriculum and colleges less liberal-minded. Liberal-minded education gives both sides of the story, the winners and the losers. The people can decide if they want to take a side or just understand both. We would not have had a Revolution or be a country founded on the principles of the Enlightenment if our founding fathers had not learned the philosophies that shaped our Constitution and our country. The kings may not have been crazy about these ideas, but the words of the philosophers were in our libraries and were discussed by the thinkers of the time.

Why do I worry? What happened in Turkey can't happen here; that's absurd, right? On Wednesday, Trump told the New York Times “I give great credit to [Erdogan] for being able to turn that around,” praising Erdogan’s crackdown in response to an attempted military coup last week. Trump has shown admiration for Putin and Saddam Hussein, as well I do worry.

Read more: Trump Doesn’t Care About Erdogan’s Purges, Says He May Not Honor NATO Treaty
Our educators, when not being political, are one of the best assets the United States has.
No they aren't. They are almost exclusively traitors and dingbats.

Not in the Christian South.

Shame there is not normal middle ground.

Shame there is not normal middle ground.
Yes there is. It's tough on teachers when they have to thread the needle of every political group in the United States. It's a tough job when all you want to do is teach.

FAKE Coup attempt, Illuminati theater, SCRIPT exposed: Syria Invasion
Gulen, the "dissident cleric exiled in the US"
Gulen is yet another actor in the cast, used to advance these agendas:
"global extradition" and ...
BASICS
Turkey: FAKE Coup attempt, Illuminati theater, SCRIPT exposed: suppress sunni opposition to Syria Invasion
Protest Suppression Techniques, by the Illuminati: Turkey: FAKE Coup attempt, Illuminati theater, SCRIPT exposed:suppress sunni opposition to Syria Invasion
More theater to advance it:
Turkish teachers and their family members have been given three days to leave Pakistan.
November 16, 2016

fascinating development-------Sunni Pakistan is licking the ass of sunni fundamentalist ---non arab---Erdogan

Yup, and this is the esteemed "democratically elected" dictator that Obama sides with. The secularists in the military have always had to "reset" the government as they always drift to the radical. Not this time, not with Obama. This is exactly why Turkey needs to be kicked out of NATO. No way we should automatically have to go to war for this shit country that funds ISIS.

Fake Putin: also in the same cast as Gulen
Jul 21 - Russian state news agency TASS:
"Moscow counting on Ankara fulfilling request for most severe punishment for those guilty of death of Russian pilot."

Same as "Fleeing Turkish troops fear death if sent home from Greece:" to have it end as "even Greece deported them to be executed, there's no place left to run to".
Fleeing Turkish troops fear death if sent home from Greece: lawyer

For dummies:
Part of the agenda "reinstall death penalty", one of the "consequences" of the fake Turkey coup, to legally execute anyone for any "crime"
BASICS

Russian jet goes down in flames behind mountain - HOAX: computer graphics video
Illuminati Theater: Turkey downs russian jet hoax computer graphics video same as 9/11 planes
More episodes for the same agenda and beyond, from the same script:

Turkey: Fake coup script: agenda "legalize global terror": chapters range from terrorize teachers to global extradition.
Two episodes illustrating both agendas as well as Illuminati serving Pink Floyd revisited to teachers, from Pakistan to the USA.
In other words: passing the message: "Hey teachers: We won't leave you with the kids alone" while paving the way for the Registry of "subversive teachers" in the USA and EU.
Reminder: same as the US Muslim Registry, it will start shortly after the "billionaire" is inaugurated.

Pakistan deports over 100 teachers from alleged Gulen-linked schools - Pink Floyd revisited - for dummies
This episode was released five months after the falke Turkey coup.
It again usies the "cleric Gulen" role to advance "Another Brick in the Wall" alias the global extradition agenda.
This time the Gulen role is used indirectly: it's not about deporting/extraditicting Gulen but rather teachers who supposedly support him.

Notes
November 16, 2016 - Pakistan deports over 100 teachers from alleged Gulen-linked schools as Erdogan lands in Islamabad

Last edited:
Nearly two years later, answer to previous post: yes, that's the terror agenda not illuminati theater.
Talk of the lattter:
Mar 31, 2018 - Kosovo PM orders probe into expulsion of Gulenists
Apr 2, 2018 - Turkey orders arrest of cleric Gulen over killing of Russian envoy
"Killing of Russian envoy" = fake blood same as Turkey's FAKE Coup attempt.
ALL nazi actors, Gulen cast in the "nowhere to run" (Global extradition) and "death penalty for anyone for anything" agendas.
Actors later cast in this Gulen script include the "murdered Russian envoy to Turkey" and "Kosovo PM".

Reminder from Jul 2016, immediately after the fake coup in Turkey:
STOP clicking Illuminati theater - ALL ACTORS, from "cleric Gulen" to "8 turkish military flee to Greece, ask for asylum"
Death penalty and global extradiction agendas: Theater unfolding as explained in advance.
Turkey: Fake coup: Psy-op preparing turkish attack to rebels:"Syrian rebels behead palestinian child" (all actors except the murdered child): predicted one week in ADVANCE.
In other words: 2 days befor the staged coup in Turkey, part of the same script.
ALL exposed immediately after the fake coup in Turkey, start witjh reply by Last Prophet, Jul 21, 2016, to:
Turkey's Teachers are Toast
Notes
Apr 2, 2018 - Turkey orders arrest of cleric Gulen over killing of Russian envoy
Turkey orders arrest of cleric Gulen over killing of Russian envoy
Mar 31, 2018 - Kosovo PM orders probe into expulsion of Gulenists
Kosovo PM orders probe into expulsion of Gulenists

Last edited:
That's what happens when you let a religious nut/authoritarian come to power, next thing you know there is wide spead voter suppression in order to retain power.

Don't think it can't happen here.

It already does. However the leaders aren't the President or Congress....

Their country their problem. The US has a president that attacks businesses of his foes in disregard of the ramafications on the citizens and the market. Screws education, attacks the judiciary branch, the media....
In my opinion this is a lot worse than Turkey.

Forum List

Back