Turd-Blossom in Deep Doo-Doo

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
In the White House Regular Press Briefing of July 11th, 2005, White House Press Secretary Puffy McMoonface, aka Scott McClellan, aka Chummy McSharkbait, was savaged by a gang of real reporters who were secretly substituted for the White House press corps. The subject of the reporters questioning was Karl Rove and the statements made by Puffy and Dubbyuh regarding an ongoing criminal investigation. This was, of course, before they figured out they'd been caught in a lie and decided not to comment on an ongoing criminal investigation.

It was October 10th, 2003. I another press briefing, Puffy stated that neither Rove nor 'Scooter' Libby were involved. Nor, he added was Elliot Abrams. Sounds like a comment about an ongoing criminal investigation to me.

And wasn't it Dubbyuh who said:

<blockquote>If there's leaks out of my administration, I want to know who it is, and if the person has violated the law, the person will be taken care of.</blockquote>

However, the pattern of Dubbyuh's Administration is to reward failure. After all, Condi ignored the PDB which stated "Osama bin Laden seeks to attack the US", and lookit where she is now...Secretary of State an' all. And then there was George Tenet who got us into a war based on cooked intel. He got a Presidential Medal of Freedom. And so did J. Paul Bremmer, who managed to lose $9 billion in taxpayer money in Iraq.

For a cock-up of this magnitude, Turd-Blossom's reward will have to be pretty spectacular. Could a seat on the SCOTUS be in the offing?

For more on this little packet of distracting weirdness, I offer the following links:

<a href=http://thinkprogress.org/2005/07/11/briefing-711/>Puffy gets beaten like a gong</a>, The full transcript.

<a href=http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/12/politics/12rove.html?incamp=article_popular_2&pagewanted=print>The main-stream media - Developing a backbone...At last</a>

I heard a replay of the press conference earlier today. The normally passive press corp had gone savage. Scott McClellan was trying his best not to shit in his pants. Later, Pacifica Radio was matching sound bites of Dubya's comments about how leaks in his administration would not be tolerated, along with McClellan's robust defenses of Rove, to the recent "I can't comment now" BS.
I am now wondering who is going to take the fall for Rove. Or perhaps they can find a way to blame this one on Hillary.

I saw that press conference also. Hilarious. They are almost literally salivating, acting like starved Hyenas slobbering over T-Bone. No lives were at stake, the "undercover" Plame had worked a desk job for 9 years, even the writers of the goddamn law say he didn't violate it at all. Just more yipping. Personally I find it all very entertaining.

Forum List

Back