Tuberculosis case confirmed as Douglas County NB prepares to declare health emergency

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

OMAHA, Neb. (WOWT) - The Douglas County Health Department says a health emergency will be declared after a local case of tuberculosis was tied to a YMCA daycare.

DCHD said Thursday that one case of TB was confirmed and that officials are working to determine whether any of the 500 potential exposures resulted in additional cases. The health department said that parents were notified by email on Wednesday about a potential exposure at the Westview YMCA daycare.

“An official declaration of a public health emergency is forthcoming, due to the potential risk to the population and risk for widespread illness,” a DCHD spokesman said in an email on Thursday.

The health department is also planning to host an informational meeting for parents at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at Westview YMCA.

WTF? "We might have been exposed to TB so let's all go to a big meeting!"
smiley_freak.gif

It is still quite prevalent in the barrios and favelas south of us. Likely brought in by the illegals working the meat packing plants in the area.

Last edited:

OMAHA, Neb. (WOWT) - The Douglas County Health Department says a health emergency will be declared after a local case of tuberculosis was tied to a YMCA daycare.

DCHD said Thursday that one case of TB was confirmed and that officials are working to determine whether any of the 500 potential exposures resulted in additional cases. The health department said that parents were notified by email on Wednesday about a potential exposure at the Westview YMCA daycare.

“An official declaration of a public health emergency is forthcoming, due to the potential risk to the population and risk for widespread illness,” a DCHD spokesman said in an email on Thursday.

The health department is also planning to host an informational meeting for parents at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at Westview YMCA.

WTF? "We might have been exposed to TB so let's all go to a big meeting!"
smiley_freak.gif

It is still quite prevalent in the barrios and favelas south of us. Likely brought in by the illegals working the meat packing plants in the area.
Do the parents have TB? If so I wonder who all they are exposing to it.

That's what happens when you allow 10,000 UNDOCUMENTED, UNKNOWN IMMIGRANTS into the country every goddam day!!! We don't know what diseases or sicknesses they have, what their criminal history is, their mental health status, if they are terrorists, if they are working for the Drug Cartels. WE DON'T KNOW. How does any American think this is OK?

Rare steak anyone?

Can a human catch TB from a cow?

Transmission of bovine TB from infected cattle to humans occurs primarily through consumption of raw (unpasteurized) milk or raw milk products containing the bacteria. Transmission can also occur through prolonged exposure to bacteria in the air in the immediate vicinity of live infected cattle or their carcasses.

What herb kills Mycobacterium?
Abstract. Common mullein weed (Verbascum thapsus) has a large number of synonyms and old local “nick names” which connect the plant with mycobacteria. A strong history of medicinal use has been uncovered for the treatment of tuberculosis, tubercular skin disease, leprosy, and mycobacterial disease in animals.
What's in a Name? Can Mullein Weed Beat

Is clove good for TB?
Also, clove oil showed germicidal effect against Klebsiella Pneumoniae, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Clostridium perfringens, S. aureus, E. coli, and Candida albicans during a lab study. It was also found to kill Bacillus tuberculosis efficiently.Oct 19, 2023

Clove (Laung): Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More! - PharmEasy Bl

Mullein (Verbascum thapsus) grows wild in Nebraska, Iowa and Missouri and probably a lot more states. Or seeds can be ordered to grow it in your own garden,

Last edited:
Abstract. Common mullein weed (Verbascum thapsus) has a large number of synonyms and old local “nick names” which connect the plant with mycobacteria. A strong history of medicinal use has been uncovered for the treatment of tuberculosis, tubercular skin disease, leprosy, and mycobacterial disease in animals.

Is clove good for TB?
Also, clove oil showed germicidal effect against Klebsiella Pneumoniae, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Clostridium perfringens, S. aureus, E. coli, and Candida albicans during a lab study. It was also found to kill Bacillus tuberculosis efficiently.Oct 19, 2023

Mullein (Verbascum thapsus) grows wild in Nebraska, Iowa and Missouri and probably a lot more states. Or seeds can be ordered to grow it in your own garden,
But this is all "in vitro". I.E., in a test tube.

Know what else kills bacteria in a test tube? Bleach.

That doesn't mean you should ingest bleach to fight infection.

Is clove good for TB?

Clove is a component of Thieves oil, which I have plenty of because I am a distributor.

Do you happen to know if Greek mullein is as effective as common mullein? We grow the Greek variety for its beautiful prolific blooming habit, because I prefer using the flowers.

Thanks for great information.

Clove is a component of Thieves oil, which I have plenty of because I am a distributor.

Do you happen to know if Greek mullein is as effective as common mullein? We grow the Greek variety for its beautiful prolific blooming habit, because I prefer using the flowers.

Thanks for great information.

It's poor and misguided information.

It has the same properties and is used for the same issues as our wild plants.

Thank you! If you're growing your own. growing the Greek variety yields so much more of the flowers, per plant.

BTW, have you ever harvested wild mullein?

Grows wild there too.

Common mullein is most likely to be found in disturbed areas. It is on the noxious weed lists in many South Dakota counties. Identification A toxic, invasive, introduced perennial. Leafy spurge grows 1-3 feet high in thick clumps.

Common Flowering Plants (Forbs) of South Dakota

OMG!!!! Thank you! I wonder what parts of the state.

It's such a useful herb so my eye is trained to see it easily, and I've not seen it near my home. Of course, there is little scrubland near me and many thousands of acres of corn and soy. I might have my eye turned off.

I will keep an eye peeled. Maybe there's a local group of herbalists who may know.

Good news! And there is so much good, open air that it would be easy to find an unpolluted spot to pick it.

Forum List

Back