TSA harasses mother trying to keep her baby safe

The treatment of this poor woman is outrageous. I hope she gets a good attorney to represent her as the fact the cop tells here the TSA was waiting for her to screw with her is ample evidence to pursue a Civil RICO prosecution. Title 18 Section 243 I think it is, Conspiricy to deny Civil Liberties Under Color Of Authority.

Go get them and take their houses away. Creeps.

Watching the video it isn't clear that she asked for alternate screening ahead of time. There really is no reason not to let the milk go through xray for that matter.

I call BS.

Hey genius, I posted a link to the rules, which clearly state that you can ask for alternate screening at the time of the screening. And, believe it or not, the TSA says you do not have to send breast milk through an X-ray. Since you are not a doctor that makes both points you are using to call BS BS.
On the TSA website it says prior to screening, not at the time of screening. There is a difference.

There is no evidence that food going through an xray is somehow poisonous. People send their carry on snacks through that thing all the time.

Of course you do, I would expect nothing more, unless of course that happened to you

What happened to that woman is nothing less than harassment, and a violation of her 4th amendment rights
I'm not seeing it. From what I can see in the video she did not declare the milk ahead of time and she didn't want it to go through xray. She has no more right to avoid the xray machine than anyone else.

Even if what you are saying is completely true, she is not required to by TSA regulations.

End of discussion.
Unless she didn't notify them ahead of time. Seriously, would you expect to waltz through security with a bag of whitish liquid?

She should have just told them she was going to have an abortion. No one would have been able to say anything to her, and the feminazis would have screamed to TSA to keep their hands off her body.
She could have said she was here illegally and she had a lawyer and they would have signed her up for freebies, with no checking id or anything else.

I'm not seeing it. From what I can see in the video she did not declare the milk ahead of time and she didn't want it to go through xray. She has no more right to avoid the xray machine than anyone else.

Ravi, darling...I do not think that is even the point anymore. Can you just one time put yourself in the shoes of someone who has no ill intention...just trying to get from A to B. And being searched and humiliated and having your rights violated..AND missing your flight because the TSA is weilding power over you? Can you imagine what that feels like, how deeply violated you would feel?
I know exactly how it feels...but it isn't a violation for God's sake. Like I've said before, if y'all made a fuss over my "right" to leave my shoes on your protestations at this point would be more bearable.

If the cop truly said that the TSA was harrassing her for a prior issue with them that is a CLEAR violation of her civil rights. That is Conspiracy to deny her civil rights under color of authority and that is a big no, no.

Even if what you are saying is completely true, she is not required to by TSA regulations.

End of discussion.
Unless she didn't notify them ahead of time. Seriously, would you expect to waltz through security with a bag of whitish liquid?

Alternate screening. They knew she was coming, and I think the rules say "declaration" isn't necessary ahead of time except as that applies to telling them when you get there that you have it and want it screened as medication.

What's the problem? Do people with medication have to do something special "ahead" of time?

Ravi, darling...I do not think that is even the point anymore. Can you just one time put yourself in the shoes of someone who has no ill intention...just trying to get from A to B. And being searched and humiliated and having your rights violated..AND missing your flight because the TSA is weilding power over you? Can you imagine what that feels like, how deeply violated you would feel?
I know exactly how it feels...but it isn't a violation for God's sake. Like I've said before, if y'all made a fuss over my "right" to leave my shoes on your protestations at this point would be more bearable.

If the cop truly said that the TSA was harrassing her for a prior issue with them that is a CLEAR violation of her civil rights. That is Conspiracy to deny her civil rights under color of authority and that is a big no, no.
What cop?

End of discussion.

Alternate screening. They knew she was coming, and I think the rules say "declaration" isn't necessary ahead of time except as that applies to telling them when you get there that you have it and want it screened as medication.

What's the problem? Do people with medication have to do something special "ahead" of time?
SHE says they knew she was coming. I say bullshit.

The tsa rules say you must notify them prior to screening.

actually, she doesen't have to let them know in advance that she's transporting breast milk. all she has to do when she gets to the checkpoint is say "i'm carrying breast milk".

actually, she doesen't have to let them know in advance that she's transporting breast milk. all she has to do when she gets to the checkpoint is say "i'm carrying breast milk".
Right...and I'm saying there is no evidence she did that. Is the check point not the first contact with tsa when they check your id?

What cop?

God love ya, Ravi, the UNIFORMED COP who went into the cage with her and told her to play the game or he'd arrest her.

Right...and I'm saying there is no evidence she did that. Is the check point not the first contact with tsa when they check your id?

You're being deliberately obtuse. If she hadn't said anything, they wouldn't have held her. They didn't find the milk and think it was toxic substance. She asked them to screen it alternately and they detained her.

What cop?

God love ya, Ravi, the UNIFORMED COP who went into the cage with her and told her to play the game or he'd arrest her.
Where did he say she was being harassed?

Er..Ravi, he never said he harassed her. I never said he said he harassed her. Now you're just obfuscating. STOP IT!! STOP IT NOW!!!!!

What cop?

If you had watched the video you would see the officer enter the "cage" at around the 4 minute mark.

Which means when you first come into contact with the TSA, and before the liquid goes through screening. Or do you think the ticket agent has something to do with the TSA? Or that there is a number you can call?

You're being deliberately obtuse. If she hadn't said anything, they wouldn't have held her. They didn't find the milk and think it was toxic substance. She asked them to screen it alternately and they detained her.

Exactly!

Er..Ravi, he never said he harassed her. I never said he said he harassed her. Now you're just obfuscating. STOP IT!! STOP IT NOW!!!!!
sigh...westwall did. Try to keep up!

No, once again you are not paying attention. The uniformed police officer entered the cage with the woman and according to her he said the TSA was harassing her because she had done this the week prior. If that is true then the TSA has clearly engaged in criminal behavior to "punish" her for making them have to do their job.

I highlighted the relevant section so that you can see and understand.

Does that guy, or gal, have a telephone to the checkpoint, or is he just supposed to yell it down the concourse?

From my link in the OP

Q. Why is breast milk not a threat?
A. Breast milk is a medical necessity and it is being classified as such. It must be declared at the checkpoint.

No necessity to tell the ticket agent, the guy checking the ID, or anyone else in advance, you just declare it at the checkpoint.

Forum List

Back