TSA harasses mother trying to keep her baby safe

The answer here is of course twofold. Yes, some TSA agents go overboard , but also some people are just stupid. IF you travel on a regular basis as this woman apparently does, then you know the goddamned rules, or should.

I travel a lot, and I see it every time I fly, people who try to carry shit on a plane they can't, people who don't have their shoes off and ID out when they reach the machine; people who just plain act like the rules don't apply to themand then get pissed when the system "picks on them."

How hard is it to tell the first TSA agent you encounter "I have breast milk , I don't want it X Rayed?" And no, the first TSA agent you encounter is not there at the machine.

For that matter, why not check it and have the airlines mark it as fragile and do not x ray? Oh I know why, because people don't like following the fucking rules.

And none of that is to say this woman was treated right, or that some TSA agents aren't assholes.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
The answer here is of course twofold. Yes, some TSA agents go overboard , but also some people are just stupid. IF you travel on a regular basis as this woman apparently does, then you know the goddamned rules, or should.

I travel a lot, and I see it every time I fly, people who try to carry shit on a plane they can't, people who don't have their shoes off and ID out when they reach the machine; people who just plain act like the rules don't apply to themand then get pissed when the system "picks on them."

How hard is it to tell the first TSA agent you encounter "I have breast milk , I don't want it X Rayed?" And no, the first TSA agent you encounter is not there at the machine.

For that matter, why not check it and have the airlines mark it as fragile and do not x ray? Oh I know why, because people don't like following the fucking rules.

And none of that is to say this woman was treated right, or that some TSA agents aren't assholes.

WTF???

She followed the rules, declared her medicinal liquids under those rules, and asked for the alternative screening the rules allow.

Why is it no one can read anymore?

WTF???

She followed the rules, declared her medicinal liquids under those rules, and asked for the alternative screening the rules allow.

Public schools.

WTF???

We only have HER word that she followed all the procedures, as you well know we can't hardly just take one person's word for something like this. AND I certainly didn't say that this woman deserved to be harassed for it, but I seriously doubt she mentioned ANYTHING about breast milk until the very moment they found it, I would be willing to bet money on that. Too much time spent dealing with people like this to believe otherwise. You just have predetermined that you are going to believe ANYONE who complains about the TSA without further evidence.

WTF???

We only have HER word that she followed all the procedures, as you well know we can't hardly just take one person's word for something like this. AND I certainly didn't say that this woman deserved to be harassed for it, but I seriously doubt she mentioned ANYTHING about breast milk until the very moment they found it, I would be willing to bet money on that. Too much time spent dealing with people like this to believe otherwise. You just have predetermined that you are going to believe ANYONE who complains about the TSA without further evidence.

Really? I posted the video, show us where she broke the rules. I even posted the rules to make it easy for you. Instead of taking a knee jerk stance that the cops are always right because they are cops use your head and show me where she broke the rules. That is the official TSA security camera video, after all.

http://www.youtube.com/user/staceyarmato

Look at that, her name on her YouTube channel. She is obviously a fake.

Are you going to try she didn't tell them about the breast milk? If so, why didn't it go through the x-ray? Are you going to try and say she should have told them when she bought the ticket? TSA rules say otherwise. If she broke the rules it should be pretty obvious how she broke them.

Do not just present the argument that you never have problems, and that that somehow proves that anyone who does must be breaking the rules. You are no where near that stupid. Present a reasonable argument or admit that your opinion is that the TSA must be right because they are the government.

Last edited:
WTF???

Really? I posted the video, show us where she broke the rules. I even posted the rules to make it easy for you. Instead of taking a knee jerk stance that the cops are always right because they are cops use your head and show me where she broke the rules. That is the official TSA security camera video, after all.

Here is her account, and the videos split apart for you to isolate what she did wrong. Are you going to try she didn't tell them about the breast milk? If so, why didn't it go through the x-ray? Are you going to try and say she should have told them when she bought the ticket? TSA rules say otherwise. If she broke the rules it should be pretty obvious how she broke them.

Do not just present the argument that you never have problems, and that that somehow proves that anyone who does must be breaking the rules. You are no where near that stupid. Present a reasonable argument or admit that your opinion is that the TSA must be right because they are the government.

I have clearly stated that I don't believe that following the rules will prevent ALL problems, just the majority of them. This video only shows that checkpoint. It doesn't show prior, we don't know what occurred prior.

I still don't know why she couldn't just check it , mark it as do not X Ray and let it be shipped that way, that eliminates ALL problems. As I said, some people just do NOT want to do things the easy way.

Here is her account, and the videos split apart for you to isolate what she did wrong. Are you going to try she didn't tell them about the breast milk? If so, why didn't it go through the x-ray? Are you going to try and say she should have told them when she bought the ticket? TSA rules say otherwise. If she broke the rules it should be pretty obvious how she broke them.

I have clearly stated that I don't believe that following the rules will prevent ALL problems, just the majority of them. This video only shows that checkpoint. It doesn't show prior, we don't know what occurred prior.

I still don't know why she couldn't just check it , mark it as do not X Ray and let it be shipped that way, that eliminates ALL problems. As I said, some people just do NOT want to do things the easy way.

Because she doesn't want to, and is not required to. Or maybe because she is on a shuttle flight and does not want to pay extra for baggage. The reality is it does not matter, because she was following the rules. Why is it so hard for you to accept that the rules allow her to do exactly what she did? Or do you think cops get to change the rules, and laws, at their whim?

As for what might have happened before the checkpoint, are you talking about the last time she tried to get through the same TSA checkpoint and force them to follow their own procedures, or something that happened before she actually contacted the TSA that particular day? You are grasping at straws by thinking there might be something else, she even held up her boarding pass at the entry to the checkpoint.

WTF???

Because they don't like what they read. So they make up an alternate reality, and they think that's what they're seeing. It happens all the time. I don't understand it. It involves lying to yourself as well as lying to others, and that's just too much for me.

Last edited:
Er..Ravi, he never said he harassed her. I never said he said he harassed her. Now you're just obfuscating. STOP IT!! STOP IT NOW!!!!!
sigh...westwall did. Try to keep up!

No, once again you are not paying attention. The uniformed police officer entered the cage with the woman and according to her he said the TSA was harassing her because she had done this the week prior. If that is true then the TSA has clearly engaged in criminal behavior to "punish" her for making them have to do their job.

I highlighted the relevant section so that you can see and understand.
I understood. The words on the video belong to who, exactly? The woman...maybe, or maybe someone that is good at making propaganda. They certainly weren't quotes from the cop.

Alternate screening. They knew she was coming, and I think the rules say "declaration" isn't necessary ahead of time except as that applies to telling them when you get there that you have it and want it screened as medication.

What's the problem? Do people with medication have to do something special "ahead" of time?
SHE says they knew she was coming. I say bullshit.

The tsa rules say you must notify them prior to screening.

Which means when you first come into contact with the TSA, and before the liquid goes through screening. Or do you think the ticket agent has something to do with the TSA? Or that there is a number you can call?
Where is your evidence that she spoke to the original tsa agent about this matter?

WTF???

That's what she said. We have only her version of the story.

btw...where in the video is the breast milk? I did not see it.

If you watch the video, I believe the woman was trying to get to her breast milk in the plastic bin, when the TSA agent removed her hand from her own milk. At the 1:28 to 2:11 mark on the video, if you look closely, you can actually see the container

WTF???

AND, an actual official TSA video, with parts of it missing :eusa_whistle:

btw...where in the video is the breast milk? I did not see it.

If you watch the video, I believe the woman was trying to get to her breast milk in the plastic bin, when the TSA agent removed her hand from her own milk. At the 1:28 to 2:11 mark on the video, if you look closely, you can actually see the container
I don't think that can be right...that bin had already been through xray and therefore her entire complaint would be moot.

WTF???

AND, an actual official TSA video, with parts of it missing :eusa_whistle:
If you watch the video with out the editorial comments there is no way of knowing what is going on...which is why I believe the comments are propaganda.

:thup:

WTF???

You know what Conhog...it is this attitude by some that has more than once called my honesty into question when I have had valid complaints about anything against a government official or entity. That is a problem. I personally have spent thousands of dollars trying to clear my name against being harassed by a "government official". Guess, who won and why?

What government is never wrong? How can you doubt something on a serious level, when you do not know. What is the first 3 letters in the word assumption? :eusa_whistle:

AND, a actual official TSA video, with parts of it missing :eusa_whistle:
If you watch the video with out the editorial comments there is no way of knowing what is going on...which is why I believe the comments are propaganda.

Well, watch the video and not the "propaganda" and make your decision based on that, as I did

AND, a actual official TSA video, with parts of it missing :eusa_whistle:

Well, watch the video and not the "propaganda" and make your decision based on that, as I did
I did. I see no milk. I see no way of confirming if she asked in advance for special screening. I see no way of knowing why she was screened in the manner that she was...

Forum List

Back