TSA throws a mother in prison for trying to protect her daughter

Still waiting for one account of air port screeners stopping a bad guy.

you won't hear about the people who get arrested generally. but since you're asking:

Washington (CNN) -- A 24-year-old Baltimore man was arrested at a major airport last week after 13 knives were discovered in his carry-on bag, authorities said Thursday.
The man, who said he collected knives, was charged with three counts relating to possessing knives in an airport, authorities said. He was not charged with any terror-related counts.
The incident occurred about 5:45 p.m. last Thursday at Baltimore-Washington International Airport near Baltimore.
Police identified the traveler as Amr Gamal Shedid, 24. Shedid was charged with one count of possession of a dangerous concealed weapon, one count of carrying an unauthorized weapon into an airport and one count of interfering with security procedures of the airport, said Sgt. Kirk Perez of the Maryland Transportation Authority Police.

Police: Man at airport checkpoint had 13 knives - CNN.com

now, what do you think mr shedid would have done had TSA NOT stopped him? do you really want to find out.

and, really, you do understand that there's a deterrant effect to the very presence of TSA, right?
The knives were in his carry on, not his crotch. The new policy contributed absolutely nothing in your example.

how classy...

:thup:

but the underwear bomber's explosives WERE in his crotch.

feel free not to fly

you won't hear about the people who get arrested generally. but since you're asking:

Washington (CNN) -- A 24-year-old Baltimore man was arrested at a major airport last week after 13 knives were discovered in his carry-on bag, authorities said Thursday.
The man, who said he collected knives, was charged with three counts relating to possessing knives in an airport, authorities said. He was not charged with any terror-related counts.
The incident occurred about 5:45 p.m. last Thursday at Baltimore-Washington International Airport near Baltimore.
Police identified the traveler as Amr Gamal Shedid, 24. Shedid was charged with one count of possession of a dangerous concealed weapon, one count of carrying an unauthorized weapon into an airport and one count of interfering with security procedures of the airport, said Sgt. Kirk Perez of the Maryland Transportation Authority Police.

now, what do you think mr shedid would have done had TSA NOT stopped him? do you really want to find out.

and, really, you do understand that there's a deterrant effect to the very presence of TSA, right?
The knives were in his carry on, not his crotch. The new policy contributed absolutely nothing.

And if they keister it ?

NOBODY has to go through security checkpoints.

NOBODY has to be patted down.

How? Simply DON'T FLY.

I have flown only one time in the past 20 years. I prefer to drive.

But if you CHOOSE to fly, then you CHOOSE to abide by whatever rules are in place. So don't cry about whatever security measures are in place to protect your safety.

Period.

The 14th Amendment doesn't read quite that way. I suppose if you had to be patted down each time you left your house, you would have the same answer. OR if there was a knock on your door to pat you down INSIDE your house.

It's not all in the choices we make. It's all in the rights we have. And they are being viciously violated just now.

The knives were in his carry on, not his crotch. The new policy contributed absolutely nothing in your example.

how classy...

feel free not to fly

And he was inbound. TSA had nothing to do with it until AFTER he set it off. The bombers incompetence saved that flight. not the TSA. Same with Richard Reed. Next.

how classy...

feel free not to fly
And guess what policy was not in place when he was caught? :clap2: And as previously mentioned, the flight was inbound.

Last edited:

How? Simply DON'T FLY.

But if you CHOOSE to fly, then you CHOOSE to abide by whatever rules are in place. So don't cry about whatever security measures are in place to protect your safety.

Period.

The 14th Amendment doesn't read quite that way. I suppose if you had to be patted down each time you left your house, you would have the same answer. OR if there was a knock on your door to pat you down INSIDE your house.

It's not all in the choices we make. It's all in the rights we have. And they are being viciously violated just now.
Exactly. If a private security company wanted to require pat downs outside their airport, they could. But I doubt the airlines would hire such a company given the public outrage it would create. The TSA is a federal agency. Like you said, it cannot do whatever it wants and tell people to deal with it. If that were the case, we might as well burn the constitution now.

How? Simply DON'T FLY.

Period.

Exactly. If a private security company wanted to require pat downs outside their airport, they could. But I doubt the airlines would hire such a company given the public outrage it would create. The TSA is a federal agency. Like you said, it cannot do whatever it wants and tell people to deal with it. If that were the case, we might as well burn the constitution now.

they could hire a private company, but if they don't search in the same was as TSA, no flights would be allowed in or out of the given airport.

and the 14th amendment doesn't prohibit searches. it prohibits UNREASONABLE searches.

you're not one of those idiots who only wants arab-looking types searched, are you?

How? Simply DON'T FLY.

Period.

Is that smoke I'm smelling?

How? Simply DON'T FLY.

Period.

One guy with a dog would be more affective.

they could hire a private company, but if they don't search in the same was as TSA, no flights would be allowed in or out of the given airport.

and the 14th amendment doesn't prohibit searches. it prohibits UNREASONABLE searches.

you're not one of those idiots who only wants arab-looking types searched, are you?

Notice the article I posted in # 93, the fellow was Iranian/ American. Sounded like a good fellow and was shocked to have gotten on the flight with a Glock in his bag. Dog would have caught that. TSA retards did not. But yeah, if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck........

Actually there is case law on this. The Terry v. Ohio case is a landmark case. There does not have to be probable cause, but there has to be reasonable suspicion. And there are limits as to how invasive the frisk can actually be.

Terry v. Ohio, 392 U.S. 1 (1968), was a decision by the United States Supreme Court which held that the Fourth Amendment prohibition on unreasonable searches and seizures is not violated when a police officer stops a suspect on the street and frisks him without probable cause to arrest, if the police officer has a reasonable suspicion that the person has committed, is committing, or is about to commit a crime and has a reasonable belief that the person "may be armed and presently dangerous." (392 U.S. 1, at 30.)

For their own protection, police may perform a quick surface search of the person’s outer clothing for weapons if they have reasonable suspicion that the person stopped is armed. This reasonable suspicion must be based on "specific and articulable facts" and not merely upon an officer's hunch. This permitted police action has subsequently been referred to in short as a "stop and frisk," or simply a "Terry stop". The Terry standard was later extended to temporary detentions of persons in vehicles, known as traffic stops; see Terry stop for a summary of subsequent jurisprudence.

The rationale behind the Supreme Court decision revolves around the understanding that, as the opinion notes, "the exclusionary rule has its limitations." The meaning of the rule is to protect persons from unreasonable searches and seizures aimed at gathering evidence, not searches and seizures for other purposes (like prevention of crime or personal protection of police officers).

Terry v. Ohio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't believe that just going to an airport to fly on a plane creates reasonable suspicion that every person in the building 'has committed, is committing, or is about to commit a crime.'

I forget which founding father it was but one of the said and I am paraphrasing... those who prefer security over freedom risk losing both....

The TSA is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of anti-terror and Homeland Security.

"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither" is commonly attributed to Franklin, but some sources claim that this quote came from Richard Jackson.

Conservative said:
She was not jailed for protecting her child.

She was jailed because she was disordely.

She should have simply refused to have her daughter patted down. If they told her she would be unable to catch her flight without the pat down, then so be it.

Screaming like a moron is not a good way to get what you want, even if what you want is perfectly reasonable

Cons show their true fascist colors.

You state that the woman was thrown in prison. :lol:
Then in another post "Cons show their facist colors"?
What a moron :lol:

Groping an underage girl is reasonable???

Is that smoke I'm smelling?
You better believe it.

Still no hijackings in 10 years

maybe they are just lucky charms...I think I will keep them

What actions taken by the TSA have prevented the hijackings ? you still wont post them.

The biggest prevention is deterrence. Not many terrorists try to get through the checkpoints. If they did, you would see a lot more hijackings/bombings. Like I said, TSA is keeping us safe...I think I will keep them

When everything fails then try the Constitutional way.

Adhere to the Constitutional requirement that the US be a ***NEUTRAL****nation. Cease and desist meddling in the internal affairs of other nations.

Still no hijackings in 10 years

maybe they are just lucky charms...I think I will keep them

What actions taken by the TSA have prevented the hijackings ? you still wont post them.

The biggest prevention is deterrence. Not many terrorists try to get through the checkpoints. If they did, you would see a lot more hijackings/bombings. Like I said, TSA is keeping us safe...I think I will keep them
So we will all be safer when they resort to car bombing instead, right? At least we can all take shelter in the airports thanks to the TSA.

So we will all be safer when they resort to car bombing instead, right? At least we can all take shelter in the airports thanks to the TSA.

We will cross that bridge when we come to it. Meanwhile, I am safe when I fly

Last edited:

We will cross that bridge when we come to it. Meanwhile, I am safe when I fly

That is your illusion.

Forum List

Back