TSA harasses mother trying to keep her baby safe

Pixie, you know I do NOT believe the government can be trusted, but I also do not believe that we can just blindly believe every story of abuse we hear about the TSA. Are some of them true? Of course they are, are some of them made up bullshit, of course they are; and when one of them is posted by folks like QW who have an obvious agenda against the TSA I tend to think of this little notion we have in this country of innocent until proven guilty. QW keeps pointing to TSA policy which says that you must declare breast milk when you first come in contact with the TSA as proof that this woman followed the rules, but the fact is that checkpoint is not neccesarily, and in probability is not, the first point of contact. If you've flown since 9/11, and I assume you have, you know that the X rays are the second , or even third, layer of TSA security.

Yall want to bitch about TSA, well let me ask you a question. How much time and effort do you want to see them putting into each and every passenger because some don't want to follow the streamlining rules they have put in place? Do you want to have to show up to the airport 4 hours early to make sure you make your flight because Donny Dipshit doesn't realize that have your fucking shoes off when you get to the X Ray machine means have your fucking shoes off so you don't hold up the line? Or because Sara the obnoxious mom who thinks she's too important to follow the rules doesn't think she should notify TSA as early as possible that she is carrying breast milk?

I worked airport security for awhile right after 9/11 and let me tell you, it's not only a thankless job, but there are a bunch of god-damned idiots flying who think that the rules apply to everyone but them, and THOSE people are the most likely to complain. This of course serves no purpose except to frustrate both their fellow fliers and the security people.

TSA certainly isn't always right, but neither are they the devil in every situation.

Take a flight on El Al some day if you want to experience effective non invasive BS "security". Their systems are the best on the planet bar none and since implementation they have not had a terrorist attack from within the aircraft. The TSA systems are a joke quite simply. They will not prevent an attack of any sort no matter how many times they want to claim it.

This is true, however unlike Israel, we have this pesky law which prevents the military from functioning as a police unit inside the US.

Also, unlike Israel, in the US we cave when the whiny fucks whine about profiling.

Also, if an Arab were to blow up an Israeli plane, Israel would destroy an Arab city, and the Arabs know this. They also know that OUR response would be a "tsk tsk, don't do it again"

You need to get out more don't you. El Al is a corporate entity and it's security people are not military (though I will certainly agree that they all are military veterans). The El Al security people are employees of the airline. That's it. No military and not even police, though they have a history of doing covert operations for the government so I would not be surprised if there was a permanent Mossad presence.

And no the Israelis wouldn't blow up a city if terorists blew up one of their planes. I suggest you look at the early history of El Al, they lost many aircraft and never resorted to the actions you describe.

Last edited:
Take a flight on El Al some day if you want to experience effective non invasive BS "security". Their systems are the best on the planet bar none and since implementation they have not had a terrorist attack from within the aircraft. The TSA systems are a joke quite simply. They will not prevent an attack of any sort no matter how many times they want to claim it.

This is true, however unlike Israel, we have this pesky law which prevents the military from functioning as a police unit inside the US.

Also, unlike Israel, in the US we cave when the whiny fucks whine about profiling.

Also, if an Arab were to blow up an Israeli plane, Israel would destroy an Arab city, and the Arabs know this. They also know that OUR response would be a "tsk tsk, don't do it again"

You need to get out more don't you. El Al is a corporate entity and it's security people are not military (though I will certainly agree that they all are military veterans). The El Al security people are employees of the airline. That's it. No military and not even police, though they have a history of doing covert operations for the government so I would not be surprised if there was a permanent Mossad presence.

And no the Israelis wouldn't blow up a city if terorists blew up one of their planes. I suggest you look at the early history of El Al, they lost many aircraft and never resorted to the actions you describe.

El Al is barely a cover for Mossad Airlines, don't give me that.

1) The woman was obviously looking for a fight.

2) We don't know what was said. We only know what the person who did the youtube wants us to think what was said

3) She could of brought the mild if it was xrayed.

4) A baby doesn't need mother's actual milk. There is forumula that could have been bought too. She didn't have to carry around milk.

5) Below is the list of items that can be taken. Where exactly is mother's milk?

6) The supervisor gave her the option of putting the milk in smaller bottles.

The woman was looking for a fight and got one.

TSA: Travelers with Disabilities and Medical Conditions

Travelers with Disabilities and Medical Conditions
Medications

You may bring all prescription and over-the-counter medications (liquids, gels, and aerosols) including petroleum jelly, eye drops, and saline solution for medical purposes.

Additional items you may bring include:

Liquids including water, juice, or liquid nutrition or gels for passengers with a disability or medical condition;
Life-support and life-sustaining liquids such as bone marrow, blood products, and transplant organs;
Items used to augment the body for medical or cosmetic reasons such as mastectomy products, prosthetic breasts, bras or shells containing gels, saline solution, or other liquids; and,
Gels or frozen liquids needed to cool disability or medically related items used by persons with disabilities or medical conditions.
You are not limited in the amount or volume of these items you may bring in your carry-on baggage. BUT if the medically necessary items exceed 3 ounces or are not contained in a one-quart, zip-top plastic bag, you MUST declare to one of our Security Officers at the checkpoint for further inspection.

For more information on these measures, please read our memo outlining our policy. Changes in Allowances for Persons with Disabilities at Airport Security Checkpoints (PDF, 101 KB)

Non-liquid or gel medications of all kinds such as solid pills, or inhalers are allowed through the security checkpoint once they have been screened. We recommend, but do not require, that your medications be labeled to assist with the screening process.

We normally X-ray medication and related supplies. However, as a customer service, you may ask that Security Officers visually inspect your medication and associated supplies.

You must ask for visual inspection before the screening process begins; otherwise your medications and supplies will be X-rayed.
If you would like to take advantage of this option, please have your medication and associated supplies separated from your other property in a separate pouch/bag when you approach the Security Officer at the walk-through metal detector.
Ask the Security Officer to visually inspect your medication and hand your medication pouch/bag to him or her.
To prevent your medication, associated supplies or fragile medical materials for contamination or damage, we will ask you to display, handle, and repack your own medication and associated supplies during visual inspection. Any medication and/or associated supplies that we can't clear visually will be X-rayed. If you refuse, you will not be permitted to carry your medications and related supplies into the sterile area.

El Al is barely a cover for Mossad Airlines, don't give me that.
The difference is that El Al uses profiling.

A 23 year old kid flying from Yemen should be investigated a lot more thoroughly than a 72 year old nun. It's rediculous that the US doesn't profile :cuckoo:

El Al has never lost a plane to terrorism.

WTF???

She followed the rules, declared her medicinal liquids under those rules, and asked for the alternative screening the rules allow.

Why is it no one can read anymore?

We only have HER word that she followed all the procedures, as you well know we can't hardly just take one person's word for something like this. AND I certainly didn't say that this woman deserved to be harassed for it, but I seriously doubt she mentioned ANYTHING about breast milk until the very moment they found it, I would be willing to bet money on that. Too much time spent dealing with people like this to believe otherwise. You just have predetermined that you are going to believe ANYONE who complains about the TSA without further evidence.

You know what Conhog...it is this attitude by some that has more than once called my honesty into question when I have had valid complaints about anything against a government official or entity. That is a problem. I personally have spent thousands of dollars trying to clear my name against being harassed by a "government official". Guess, who won and why?

What government is never wrong? How can you doubt something on a serious level, when you do not know. What is the first 3 letters in the word assumption? :eusa_whistle:

You are right. We don't know. The youtube doesn't prove the case. It's clearly for bitching and propoganda purposes only.

El Al has never lost a plane to terrorism.

Mmmmm, actually yes they have. That's why they instituted the countermeasures they use now. It occured in 1968 and was a Boeing 707 if memory serves. I think they first went to Algeria and then they hopped around some till the hostages were released. The terrorists held the aircraft for over a month. Then there was a failed attempt in 1970 that killed a member of the flight crew but one of the terrorists was killed and the other ( a woman) was captured, even though she was holding a hand grenade at the time. I guess martyrdom wasn't for her.

In between there were many attacks on the ground with grenades and machine guns etc.

Forum List

Back