Court rules health care bill is Constitutional

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
Va. judge dismisses challenge to Obama health care - Yahoo! News

I was under the impression that interstate Health care is a no go, as against the law. That each individual Company has to create itself inside each State and can not offer premiums based on another States record.

If so then there is NO interstate Commerce involved in Health Care Insurance. And clearly the US Government has no legal right nor Constitutional right to pass any laws dealing with it using the Commerce clause.

No one can be certain which way this thing will go until those 9 people in black robes on that bench in Washington DC make a ruling on it. If the Florida suit gets the same ruling it would indicate that the health care bill is going to be law.

I don't think you'll find anyone who honestly thinks the feds don't have the authority to intervene in the health insurance market. There isn't a single proposal (including Ron Paul's, Paul Ryan's, Tom Coburn's, and so on) that doesn't do exactly that. That includes the Tea Party's preferences, as well.

Last edited:
Forcing you to buy something from someone else is not "intervening in a market," shit face. None of those other people are proposing individual mandates.

The beat goes on for lying sacks of shit like Greenbeard.

This is GREAT news!!!!

I can't wait until we get our uniforms and little hats with the red star in the middle

Red Stars? They are getting us used to seeing those RED STARS, check out that very well known department store that sponsors parades. I will not shop there.

They remind me of Russian aircraft tail art, Commie China and Commie North Korean hats etc.

"F" that red star for logos.

Besides, the Obama Regime does what they want, kinda like Stalin and a few others.
Freedom of choice every election day, after that day the 'elected' do what they "F" they want and are TOLD to do, screw the citizens that put them there.

Last edited:
Moon has been on the federal bench in Lynchburg for about a hundred years. If the suit was brought by Liberty University (also a Lynchburg institution) my guess might be that he could have ruled on a personal bias. Liberty was founded by one Jerry Falwell who was both loved and hated by many. Falwell was a ... um ... devout Christian who once held the City of Lynchburg hostage over taxes owed on his airport. If Lynchburg didn't get rid of taxation on his airport he promised to move his entire operation to another state - thus leaving about half the people in Lynchburg unemployed. Even though the elder Falwell is now dead his son has taken over where Daddy left off. Perhaps Moon flexed his own muscles in making his decision.

Just saying.

I don't think you'll find anyone who honestly thinks the feds don't have the authority to intervene in the health insurance market. There isn't a single proposal (including Ron Paul's, Paul Ryan's, Tom Coburn's, and so on) that doesn't do exactly that. That includes the Tea Party's preferences, as well.

Think again.

Can government make you buy a Chevy Volt?

Well if we use HC as an example.

No.

But you will be fined for not doing so, or having a car of equal standards.

What are they going to do with the people that can't affrord insurance but make to much for the free ins? what happens is they can't afford the fines? Do they get arrested for owing too much?

Isn't "Debters prison" one of the reason we broke from England? [sorry if that's wrong]

No.

What are they going to do with the people that can't affrord insurance but make to much for the free ins? what happens is they can't afford the fines? Do they get arrested for owing too much?

Isn't "Debters prison" one of the reason we broke from England? [sorry if that's wrong]

That's the argument I've heard a lot. Since government has the constitutional authority to tax, the insurance mandate is constitutional. Many people have made this claim on this board with straight face, but I would think it would make most logical thinking people scratch their heads a bit. I mean really? The most free nation in the world was meant to have a government that is allowed to make people do things as long as the penalty for non-compliance is a tax? Does that really sound stupid to just me? Yet that is the reality for those that argue the mandate is constitutional.

I say eh, eh. It seems to me the mandate must be constitutional in of itself. That is the federal government must have the constitutional authority to require you to purchase something, period. The penalty for not doing so, whether it be jail, fine(or tax as they're calling it) is secondary.

No.

That's the argument I've heard a lot. Since government has the constitutional authority to tax, the insurance mandate is constitutional. Many people have made this claim on this board with straight face, but I would think it would make most logical thinking people scratch their heads a bit. I mean really? The most free nation in the world was meant to have a government that is allowed to make people do things as long as the penalty for non-compliance is a tax? Does that really sound stupid to just me? Yet that is the reality for those that argue the mandate is constitutional.

I say eh, eh. It seems to me the mandate must be constitutional in of itself. That is the federal government must have the constitutional authority to require you to purchase something, period. The penalty for not doing so, whether it be jail, fine(or tax as they're calling it) is secondary.

No, it's not just you.

Freedom died a little more today and the liberals cheered. :frown:

No.

Actually they can not call it a tax either. You see the requirement for taxation is that it is uniform across the entire Country. They can not single out a certain group and force them to pay taxes that others are not required to pay.

As I understand it the graduated tax laws are legal because they are uniform. Everyone in each bracket has to pay the established taxes on all the same things. With the supposed health care tax not everyone in a bracket is taxed the same. Some are and some are not taxed. It is NOT a tax at all, it is a punishment and a fine. And that is Unconstitutional.

No.

Actually they can not call it a tax either. You see the requirement for taxation is that it is uniform across the entire Country. They can not single out a certain group and force them to pay taxes that others are not required to pay.

As I understand it the graduated tax laws are legal because they are uniform. Everyone in each bracket has to pay the established taxes on all the same things. With the supposed health care tax not everyone in a bracket is taxed the same. Some are and some are not taxed. It is NOT a tax at all, it is a punishment and a fine. And that is Unconstitutional.

It's not just unconstitutional it's criminal.

Discrimination is against the law.

A Federal Judge In Virginia ruled Tuesday (November 30, 2010) that the New Health Care Overhaul law is CONSTITUTIONAL.

The judge dismissed a lawsuit filed by Liberty University in Lynchburg (Jerry Falwell's Foot Washing Baptist Hate School) that had challenged the statute.

The case is among more than 15 suits files against the Federal Health Care Law, which most experts think will wind up before SCOTUS.

Now, all you lifer retired Military Types who CLAIM to believe the Federal Health Care Law IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL, time FOR YOU TO EITHER PUT THE HELL-UP OR SHUT THE HELL-UP.

IF you hate the Government, IF you hate Government Health Care so damn much, GIVE UP YOUR MILITARY RETIREMENT PAY (THAT IS AFTER ALL TAX PAYER, GOVERNMENT FUNDED RETIREMENT, WHICH YOU CLAIM TO HATE) and GIVE THE HELL UP YOU TAX PAYER FUNDED, GOVERNMENT SUPPORTED HEALTH CARE.

IF you hate your Government paying for Health Care, THEN GIVE UP YOURS.

OTHERWISE YOU NOTHING BUT...

LAZY inefficient FUCK-OFFS EXPECTING (GOVERMENT SUPPORTED) RETIREMENT.

Put up or shut up.

Give up YOUR TAX PAYER SUPPORTED RETIREMENT.

Give up YOUR TAX PAYER SUPPORTED HEALTHE CARE.

Your whole and entire argument is that the Government has no reason, right, or purpose being involved in or giving health care to the Citizens of this country, which each and every on of you who takes government retirement and/or government Health Care (Including MediCare, MediCaid or other forms of GOVERNMENT FUNDED TAXY PAYER SUPPORTED HEALTH CARE).

You also must give up your Social Security, because it is communist.

If NOT YOUR A COMMUNIST.

Last edited:
A Federal Judge In Virginia ruled Tuesday (November 30, 2010) that the New Health Care Overhaul law is CONSTITUTIONAL.

The judge dismissed a lawsuit filed by Liberty University in Lynchburg (Jerry Falwell's Foot Washing Baptist Hate School) that had challenged the statute.

The case is among more than 15 suits files against the Federal Health Care Law, which most experts think will wind up before SCOTUS.

Now, all you lifer retired Military Types who CLAIM to believe the Federal Health Care Law IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL, time FOR YOU TO EITHER PUT THE HELL-UP OR SHUT THE HELL-UP.

IF you hate the Government, IF you hate Government Health Care so damn much, GIVE UP YOUR MILITARY RETIREMENT PAY (THAT IS AFTER ALL TAX PAYER, GOVERNMENT FUNDED RETIREMENT, WHICH YOU CLAIM TO HATE) and GIVE THE HELL UP YOU TAX PAYER FUNDED, GOVERNMENT SUPPORTED HEALTH CARE.

LAZY INEFFICENT FUCK-OFFS EXPECTING (GOVERMENT SUPPORTED) RETIREMENT.

Put up or shut up.

In what country do you live? Because in the US, the Government can't pay for health care.... because it doesn't earn any money. It takes money from its citizens. Therefore, it is our money, not theirs.

What a fucking moron you are.

Another idiot asshole that tries to tie employment benefit to entitlement handout to those who do nothing for it....

LAZY inefficient FUCK-OFFS EXPECTING (GOVERMENT SUPPORTED) RETIREMENT.

Put up or shut up.

Your whole and entire argument is that the Government has no reason, right, or purpose being involved in or giving health care to the Citizens of this country, which each and every on of you who takes government retirement and/or government Health Care (Including MediCare, MediCaid or other forms of GOVERNMENT FUNDED TAXY PAYER SUPPORTED HEALTH CARE).

You also must give up your Social Security, because it is communist.

If NOT YOUR A COMMUNIST.

Hey Traveler you effen moron. There are 56 more states who have a say. Just saying.

LAZY INEFFICENT FUCK-OFFS EXPECTING (GOVERMENT SUPPORTED) RETIREMENT.

Put up or shut up.

And he is wrong. We still have the appeals Court and then the Supreme Court. It aint over till 9 Justices in black say it is.

I suggest you read the tax laws. Obama and Company are claiming it will be a tax not a fine if one refuses to purchase health insurance. That alone is unconstitutional, you see "taxes" have to be applied EQUALLY across the entire Country. Tax brackets are legal because within each bracket everyone is taxed the same way. Claiming a fine is a tax just won't work, as then the tax brackets treat people within said bracket differently.

Further as far as I know there is no legal cross State medical coverage. Every State has its own laws and every medical insurer must recreate their business WITHIN each States borders and can not use groups from out of State to effect premiums or rules within each state.

Thus no Interstate Commerce, which is what this Judge claimed allowed the Fed to create the system.

Forum List

Back