TSA throws a mother in prison for trying to protect her daughter

Apr 17, 2011
from an intrusive shake-down. Talk about going from Freedom to Fascism.

Mothers: Don't try to protect your daughters from invasive Transportation Security Administration searches—not if you want to stay out of jail, that is:

A 41-year-old Clarksville woman was arrested after Nashville airport authorities say she was belligerent and verbally abusive to security officers, refusing for her daughter to be patted down at a security checkpoint.

Andrea Fornella Abbott yelled and swore at Transportation Security Administration agents Saturday afternoon at Nashville International Airport, saying she did not want her daughter to be “touched inappropriately or have her “crotch grabbed,” a police report states.

After the woman refused to calm down, airport police said, she was charged with disorderly conduct and taken to jail. She has been released on bond.​

The more invasive and frequent the searches, the more frequently we'll see conflicts and incidents like this. The pat-downs practically encourage bad bad behavior on the part of TSA agents: Way back in 2004, the ACLU warned that hands-on airport searches offer an "invitation to sexual harassment."

Woman Jailed While Attempting to Shield Daughter From TSA Pat Down - Hit & Run : Reason Magazine

from an intrusive shake-down. Talk about going from Freedom to Fascism.

Mothers: Don't try to protect your daughters from invasive Transportation Security Administration searches—not if you want to stay out of jail, that is:

A 41-year-old Clarksville woman was arrested after Nashville airport authorities say she was belligerent and verbally abusive to security officers, refusing for her daughter to be patted down at a security checkpoint.

Andrea Fornella Abbott yelled and swore at Transportation Security Administration agents Saturday afternoon at Nashville International Airport, saying she did not want her daughter to be “touched inappropriately or have her “crotch grabbed,” a police report states.

After the woman refused to calm down, airport police said, she was charged with disorderly conduct and taken to jail. She has been released on bond.​

The more invasive and frequent the searches, the more frequently we'll see conflicts and incidents like this. The pat-downs practically encourage bad bad behavior on the part of TSA agents: Way back in 2004, the ACLU warned that hands-on airport searches offer an "invitation to sexual harassment."

Woman Jailed While Attempting to Shield Daughter From TSA Pat Down - Hit & Run : Reason Magazine

I forget which founding father it was but one of the said and I am paraphrasing... those who prefer security over freedom risk losing both....

The TSA is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of anti-terror and Homeland Security.

She was not jailed for protecting her child.

She was jailed because she was disordely.

She should have simply refused to have her daughter patted down. If they told her she would be unable to catch her flight without the pat down, then so be it.

Screaming like a moron is not a good way to get what you want, even if what you want is perfectly reasonable.

• Banned
I forget which founding father it was but one of the said and I am paraphrasing... those who prefer security over freedom risk losing both....

The TSA is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of anti-terror and Homeland Security.

"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither" is commonly attributed to Franklin, but some sources claim that this quote came from Richard Jackson.

Conservative said:

She should have simply refused to have her daughter patted down. If they told her she would be unable to catch her flight without the pat down, then so be it.

Screaming like a moron is not a good way to get what you want, even if what you want is perfectly reasonable

Cons show their true fascist colors.

"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither" is commonly attributed to Franklin, but some sources claim that this quote came from Richard Jackson.

Conservative said:

Screaming like a moron is not a good way to get what you want, even if what you want is perfectly reasonable

WTF does this have to do with Con's Dick Weed. This is your creation. Pure Statist Bullshit at it's finest. Thank you for playing.

I don't understand. Why couldn't the girl go through a security dinger thinger (the xray gizmo)?

Why didn't she request a female TSA officer?

Why did she YELL?

Give it a day. She'll be suing.

I'd like to know if the daughter was 9 or 20. Couldn't she just say she rather have the scanner? Sounds like mom needs some chill pills.

25,000 security breaches at airports since 2002 and the perverts at TSA still waste time getting their jollies grabbing the crotches of teenage girls.

I'd like to know if the daughter was 9 or 20. Couldn't she just say she rather have the scanner? Sounds like mom needs some chill pills.

We don't know the whole story. Perhaps the girl had been sexually molested and the mother only sought to protect her. It really doesn't matter, though. The TSA has overstepped its bounds.

Conservative said:

Please show me where I approved of the TSA jailing this woman, or the invasive pat downs.

I said she was not jailed for protecting her child... she was jailed for essentially being a bitch WHILE protecting her child. She could have chosen a less verbally abusive way to voice her displeasure, but that was apparently too much effort.

She was being disorderly and was arrested for disorderly conduct

What an outrage

I don't understand. Why couldn't the girl go through a security dinger thinger (the xray gizmo)?

Why did she YELL?

the OP article is woefully short on details.

she was probalby 'randomly selected' for invasive patdown.

Rules state that invasive pat downs for females are to ONLY be performed by females. The OP article doesn't state one way or the other if this was followed.

She yelled because she was pissed, which is entirely understandable... being pissed. The yelling was not ness., and counterproductive, as her arrest would indicate.

She probably will sue. No idea how far she'll get.

BTW, before some weenie decides to claim I am a facist commie pinko bastard for supporting the TSA.. I do not. Invasive pat downs are a waste, and an invasion. This women simply went about it the wrong way. Period.

WTF does this have to do with Con's Dick Weed. This is your creation. Pure Statist Bullshit at it's finest. Thank you for playing.

Look at you get your panties in bunch. The TSA was implemented under Bush, you dumbfuck.

Additionally, I am hardly a statist. I am a left-leaning anarchist and like people like Bastiat, Roderick Long, Benjamin Tucker, Kevin Carson, etc. I admire paleo-conservatives like Ron Paul and Lew Rockwell.

You must feel like an idiot now. Thanks for playing.

Why did she YELL?

the OP article is woefully short on details.

she was probalby 'randomly selected' for invasive patdown.

Rules state that invasive pat downs for females are to ONLY be performed by females. The OP article doesn't state one way or the other if this was followed.

She yelled because she was pissed, which is entirely understandable... being pissed. The yelling was not ness., and counterproductive, as her arrest would indicate.

She probably will sue. No idea how far she'll get.

BTW, before some weenie decides to claim I am a facist commie pinko bastard for supporting the TSA.. I do not. Invasive pat downs are a waste, and an invasion. This women simply went about it the wrong way. Period.

This "mother" didn't want her daughter to be sexually molested by a government official and she went about it the wrong way. Check. :thup:

And what precipitated this ‘disorderly’ act?

What was the probable cause to search her? Flying on an airplane?

Everyone knows the rules.

It would seem not the Federal government, it’s in the Constitution, clear and simple:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Any questions?

Forum List

Back