Trying out the iPhone

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
Was time to move away from the crappy Moto Z Force Droid I bought a couple of years ago. Did about a weeks worth of research and decided to give iPhone a shot mainly because every pro review has the iPhone beating out Android in almost every category, even the price was comparable to the mid and high end Androids.
T Mobile gave me the best deal, best plan cost with an iPhone XR, smaller overall than my Moto Z but with the same screen size. At first my reaction to using it, customizing it had me wondering if I did the right thing but now that I've been playing with it all afternoon I'm really starting to like this phone, it's almost intuitive.
This does not mean I'm going to go right out and buy an overpriced, overhyped Apple Mac but I'm definetely warming up to the iPhone.

I have the XR and I love it. Very smooth phone. I don’t care that Apple isn’t open source. I barely list to music at all and I don’t download movies on my phone.

Last edited:
I have the XR and I love it. Very smooth phone. I don’t care that Apple isn’t open source. I barely list to music at all and I don’t download movies on my phone.
Primarily I talk, text, use maps, make lists and occasionally use the internet. Oh and I play Tetris once in a while especially when the wife is at the hospital for half a day every three weeks for chemo.

Primarily I talk, text, use maps, make lists and occasionally use the internet. Oh and I play Tetris once in a while especially when the wife is at the hospital for half a day every three weeks for chemo.

Sorry about your wife

Sorry to hear about your wife Ringel. I have the iPhone X. Never any problems with it like rebooting and all that crap. Apple will generally support your phone up to six years with updates. I was an Android user for about 11 years. Took awhile to get use to the iPhone. But I will never go back to Android.

Sorry to hear about your wife Ringel. I have the iPhone X. Never any problems with it like rebooting and all that crap. Apple will generally support your phone up to six years with updates. I was an Android user for about 11 years. Took awhile to get use to the iPhone. But I will never go back to Android.
Yeah, the more I use this phone the more I like it, it's a hell of a lot better than any Android I've ever owned and for me praising an Apple product that's saying a lot. :lol:

Last edited:
Yeah,the more I use this phone the more I like it, it's a hell of a lot better than any Android I've ever ownedand for me praising an Apple product that's saying a lot. :lol:

Yeah....I seem to remember you giving me a rash of shit for using a MacBook pro.
They are every bit as flawless as the Iphone.
I had to swallow my pride and accept apple products,no reason you cant do the same.

Yeah,the more I use this phone the more I like it, it's a hell of a lot better than any Android I've ever ownedand for me praising an Apple product that's saying a lot. :lol:

Yeah....I seem to remember you giving me a rash of shit for using a MacBook pro.
I had to swallow my pride and accept apple products,no reason you cant do the same.
The thing is I know that Apple products are more reliable than PCs is mostly a myth, percentage wise (per market share) break downs are just as common as with PCs. So I'm still not going to buy an overpriced, overhyped Apple Mac........ Now if someone wants to give one to me I wouldn't turn it down.

The thing is I know that Apple products are more reliable than PCs is mostly a myth, percentage wise (per market share) break downs are just as common as with PCs. So I'm still not going to buy an overpriced, overhyped Apple Mac........ Now if someone wants to give one to me I wouldn't turn it down.

After years of using other laptops I refuse to use anything but apple products.
I never get viruses and they just flat out work.....just like the Iphone.
And like you said about the Iphone,the MacBook is every bit as intuitive.

Was time to move away from the crappy Moto Z Force Droid I bought a couple of years ago. Did about a weeks worth of research and decided to give iPhone a shot mainly because every pro review has the iPhone beating out Android in almost every category, even the price was comparable to the mid and high end Androids.
T Mobile gave me the best deal, best plan cost with an iPhone XR, smaller overall than my Moto Z but with the same screen size. At first my reaction to using it, customizing it had me wondering if I did the right thing but now that I've been playing with it all afternoon I'm really starting to like this phone, it's almost intuitive.
This does not mean I'm going to go right out and buy an overpriced, overhyped Apple Mac but I'm definetely warming up to the iPhone.
In computers I was never an Apple fan because I liked the the ability to customize platforms, both hardware and system software. However, to me a cell phone has become an indispensable tool that I do not have the time or patience to fool around with it. It had to work the day I took it out of the box and work flawlessly ever day. Things like backups, updates, going to new a iPhone had to be a no-brainier. I have had the same iphone now for nearly 5 years. It works as well today as day I bought it. Also the Apple support is exceptionally particular at the local Apple store. Anytime I have a problem of any sort, I make an appoint and they show me how to fix the problem or work around it. I doubt I will every go with a different brand of phone but for my computer, I will stick with the windows platform.

Yeah, the more I use this phone the more I like it, it's a hell of a lot better than any Android I've ever owned and for me praising an Apple product that's saying a lot. :lol:
One of the things I like about iphone is the find my phone feature. I have used it several times and it has been a lifesaver. It comes with every iphone and it's really easy to use. You can even use it to find other devices such ipods (ear buds). If the phone is stolen you can even lock it or erase it. The only bad thing about it is to find your phone, you have to use another iPhone or other apple device to run the app.

In computers I was never an Apple fan because I liked the the ability to customize platforms, both hardware and system software. However, to me a cell phone has become an indispensable tool that I do not have the time or patience to fool around with it. It had to work the day I took it out of the box and work flawlessly ever day. Things like backups, updates, going to new a iPhone had to be a no-brainier. I have had the same iphone now for nearly 5 years. It works as well today as day I bought it. Also the Apple support is exceptionally particular at the local Apple store. Anytime I have a problem of any sort, I make an appoint and they show me how to fix the problem or work around it. I doubt I will every go with a different brand of phone but for my computer, I will stick with the windows platform.

Yep...
My Iphone six plus still works perfectly. The Wife who is adverse to change still has an ancient Iphone that works just fine.
They're just good trouble free machines.

Don't get me wrong, I've used Macs before, I like them. I simply refuse to pay their exorbitant prices for a computer that has the same statistical chance of "breaking" as a PC.

Don't get me wrong, I've used Macs before, I like them. I simply refuse to pay their exorbitant prices for a computer that has the same statistical chance of "breaking" as a PC.
The reason I don't go for Mac computers is I have too many years of knowledge of windows and pcs. I just don't want to take the time and effort to learn a new platform. Computers unlike cell phones have more problems because they have more flexibility. They physically interface with more devices.

The reason I don't go for Mac computers is I have too many years of knowledge of windows and pcs. I just don't want to take the time and effort to learn a new platform. Computers unlike cell phones have more problems because they have more flexibility. They physically interface with more devices.
I just got a job with Apple as a Tier 1 Tech support for IOS. Iphones, tablets, watch, etc. They gave me a Mac to work on. Wasn't that hard to learn. I like pc better though. Easier to tell when something is minimize etc controls on windows is easier better but not much different. The magic mouse though is awesome. Virtual wheel can scroll up/down and left/right. double tap to zoom.

I'm familiar with Windows, iOS and Linux, iOS not as much but it's not that hard to get around in.

Pandora works on the Iphone and it's free.
Pandora is pretty good all except for the ads. But I can live with it.

The only time I listen to music is in the car or if I’m on YouTube while on my phone or desktop. I would listen to more music, but the music today sucks and I’v grown tired of listening to old songs that I’ve listened to over and over again.

Wife was strictly iPhone since the beginning but recently gave it up. It kept syncing her info with the daughters and she felt the cam was not as good as Samsungs,

Forum List

Back